An end to racism and discrimination?

Handofpwn

Aug 6, 2008
Damn, a triple post...
Anyway, this is similar to marxism, which as we know from our high school textbooks, has no shot in hell of working for too long. There will always be a reason for people to hate, be it age, height or hair color. Fact is, human beings live to hate and start wars to weed down the population.

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
So, we would all be one race, with one set of beliefs in one country. No (I groan as I use the word) diversity? Without different types of people to deal with, I think life would be pretty bland and boring. I think I get the sentiment (at least giving you the benefit of the doubt), but if you really think about it, it's more sick and twisted than racism itself. It reminds me of an idea someone had once...who am I thinking of?
maximilian said:
Hail Hitler.
Oh yeah, this guy.

I think, slow and incomplete as the progress has been, we have seen and continue to see changes in peoples attitudes toward those of different race/cultures through education. I think this solution is a bit artificial also. Someone has already pointed this out above.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
Can we still at least have wars?
What would be the need?
Good question and I do believe I have a few answers for that.
1. Distract people from something like a failing economy
2. In a hundred years we'll have made so many video games about the wars of the past that it'll be impossible to come up with new ideas. There would even be games about the war of 1812 and WW1. Endless renditions of old wars. We'd need new ones for new video games to be based off.
3. it helps advance human technology.
In my vision of how the world could be, there would be no need of an economy nor a government, it is because of economies and governments that the world is in such bad shape.

2.In a hundred years we'll have made so many video games about the wars of the past that it'll be impossible to come up with new ideas. There would even be games about the war of 1812 and WW1. Endless renditions of old wars. We'd need new ones for new video games to be based off.
If all you can think of for the future of video games is war, then you aren't thinking hard enough, the video game universe is not limited to wars, there are plenty of other genres and subjects, and not all video game wars have to be based upon human history.

3.it helps advance human technology
Advances in technology are driven by necessity, not entirely by war. Show me one good, helpful invention that was the result of a war.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Um yes there would be no racism if their was only one race... I'm glad you deduced that. But luckily... as humans were giant douchebags. I'm sure we would find another way to hate on people we're quite resourceful.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
You fail to take human idiocy into account.

You can't put perfection into anything imperfect. It's like trying to make clean dirt... in the end, dirt is dirty; you can't change that.

Handofpwn

Aug 6, 2008
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
What would be the need?
2. In a hundred years we'll have made so many video games about the wars of the past that it'll be impossible to come up with new ideas. There would even be games about the war of 1812 and WW1. Endless renditions of old wars. We'd need new ones for new video games to be based off.
In my vision of how the world could be, there would be no need of an economy nor a government, it is because of economies and governments that the world is in such bad shape.

2.In a hundred years we'll have made so many video games about the wars of the past that it'll be impossible to come up with new ideas. There would even be games about the war of 1812 and WW1. Endless renditions of old wars. We'd need new ones for new video games to be based off.
If all you can think of for the future of video games is war, then you aren't thinking hard enough, the video game universe is not limited to wars, there are plenty of other genres and subjects, and not all video game wars have to be based upon human history.

Advances in technology are driven by necessity, not entirely by war. Show me one good, helpful invention that was the result of a war.
The microwave. Chewing gum. Modern computers. Synthetic rubber. Shall I go on?
Check and mate, my friend.

Grubnar

Aug 25, 2008
"If everyone is thinking the same then noone is thinking!" - General Patton.

I remember some videogame, I think it was MechWarrior, that said that the only way to unite humanity was to fight against a common enemy. Aliens. May the Great War begin!

BLOONINJA 503

Sep 20, 2008
maybe if my ass started farting money...

but seriously, I talked to a devout christian and she was happy that wars are still going on. she says that the Bible states that the world will come to an end if the world sees peace.... thats depressing

looks like we need to wait for the christains to die out... yeah thats not gonna happen any time soon.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Marv21 said:
I would say that sounds like a good idea, however we truly cannot trust communism, it sounds good but the closest we have ever had was a dictatorship of the prolatariet.

And you idea on ending racism and discrimination SUX!!!

In facts its actaully a better idea!! To create world peace!!!

Plus, do you mean end, as in to find a mean to supress it to death or to get rid of it completely, this isn't solving it, its just ending it.
Also this isn't solving it its just destroying it, its always about making racism not exist, its like ending war, by killing all people! Its overly redudant, its over the top way to end racism, its more like a war-less world thread.

Also, Imo, racism needs to exist to show people that those that use racism are terrible people, its needed to show character...thats good enough for me to keep it.
By ending racism and discrimination, you have solved the problem which is the very existence of racism and discrimination, by getting rid of it in all its forms, you have effectively solved the problem of its existence

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Ridergurl10 said:
As great as it would be to end racism and discrimination, it will never be possible! A lot of discrimination comes from things that will exsist regardless national borders or lack thereof. As much as it sucks there will always be racist people, just try really hard not to be one . . . thats the best answer.
You say it will never be possible because you will not work to help end it, that is why you believe the end result to be an impossibility.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
What would be the need?

1: This is a vision. Realities are a bit harder to work out then what you see in your head.
2: I know but a good deal of them are. call of duty, brothers in arms, medal of honor, etc etc
3: jeeps, canned food (not during war time but it was still for the army and there would be no need for armies without war), synthetic rubber, the magnetron, need I go on?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Um yes there would be no racism if their was only one race... I'm glad you deduced that. But luckily... as humans were giant douchebags. I'm sure we would find another way to hate on people we're quite resourceful.

Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
What would be the need?

1: This is a vision. Realities are a bit harder to work out then what you see in your head.
2: I know but a good deal of them are. call of duty, brothers in arms, medal of honor, etc etc
3: jeeps, canned food (not during war time but it was still for the army and there would be no need for armies without war), synthetic rubber, the magnetron, need I go on?
About your second answer, I've played so many Medal of honor games that they now all look the same, if you've played one, you've played them all

Ridergurl10

Dec 25, 2008
leontyrone said:
Ridergurl10 said:
As great as it would be to end racism and discrimination, it will never be possible! A lot of discrimination comes from things that will exsist regardless national borders or lack thereof. As much as it sucks there will always be racist people, just try really hard not to be one . . . thats the best answer.
You say it will never be possible because you will not work to help end it, that is why you believe the end result to be an impossibility.
I never said I wouldn't work to help end racism, I would love if it no longer exsisted, I just don't believe it is possible. There has been racism and discrimination since the beginning of time, and unfortunatly there always will be. People always have a desire to be better than someone else, thus the birth of discrimination. It sucks, and I wish it was changeable, I just don't see your idea working, sorry!

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
elemenetal150 said:
maximilian said:
Hail Hitler.
Agreed

Plus OP who is to say what culture would be the best to use.....certainly not the USA's culture
the USA does not have a single culture but is a mix of nearly all of them, so by saying the USA's culture is the wrong one is the same as saying every one of them is wrong

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
Racism is a problem. However, it has been a declining problem for a long time and it has never been enough of a problem to justify your thousand year plan. Inevitably what you are suggesting would require infinite force, inhuman judgment, and a callous disregard for human life. Tens of millions would have to die, and every free man would have to be crushed.

The fact of the matter is, differences stem from free will. Your plan suggests that either you do not believe in free will, or think it is something to be subjugated. If you believe this, then:
maximilian said:
Hail Hitler.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Ridergurl10 said:
leontyrone said:
Ridergurl10 said:
I never said I wouldn't work to help end racism, I would love if it no longer exsisted, I just don't believe it is possible. There has been racism and discrimination since the beginning of time, and unfortunatly there always will be. People always have a desire to be better than someone else, thus the birth of discrimination. It sucks, and I wish it was changeable, I just don't see your idea working, sorry!
Desiring to better than someone else is not discrimination, it is competition. Discrimination is belittling someone or something for what they have or who they are.
And it might have begun since the beginning of time, but that doesn't mean it isn't impossible to change. If one persons can't believe it is achievable then it is an impossible dream

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
ZiggyApplepie said:
Been reading "A Brave New World" much?
And here i thought i would get to sling this one out. Brave New World sums up both the problems with such an idea and by it's nature the problems of our world today (It is a satire, after all). You can take the human out of the prejudice, but you can't take the prejudice out of the human, it's part of who we are and is central to our bieng as a species.

Can it be overcome? Yes. Can it be restricted (as you propose)? No.

leontyrone said:
the USA does not have a single culture but is a mix of nearly all of them, so by saying the USA's culture is the wrong one is the same as saying every one of them is wrong
America: Multiculturalism abounds.

As gently as possible, this demonstrates that you might need to do some wider research on the cultures of the world before you try to unite them.