An Ideal Apocalypse

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Has anyone here has read the book 'The Last Canadian'? It's your basic 'disease kills 99% of population' scenario, but it's the apocalypse I'd choose.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
My perfect apocalypse would be an (un)intentionally fired nuclear ICBM at Moscow. The Russians start firing nukes back, the British, French, and Israelis start firing nuclear missiles toward Russia, China jumps the gun and starts firing them at the US and India, who then fire them at China and Pakistan. All of the other countries in the world who haven't joined in slowly die from a nuclear winter. Meanwhile Kim Jong-Il thinks "Damn, I was supposed to start this."
All living things sizzle and pop inside a radioactive fireball. I am rather scared to think that Russia might at this point may be able to put a warhead on the scale of the Czar Bomba on an ICBM.

Still, the all-out nuclear holocaust would be more exciting than the more probable anti-biotic resistant disease apocalpyse.

Dooblet

May 14, 2009
before
bob-2000 said:
fighting through the zombie apocalypse with an old war veteran, a biker dude, an office worker, and a collage girl.
hmmmmm this seems oddly familiar, i wonder... nope, haven't seen this one

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
I strike the world back into the dark ages and introduce the Plauge back into society effectively killing 5/8ths of the worlds population. Now i finally get to wear armor, and use swords.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
I am elected emperor of the world. I am liked for a long time but suddenly, paranoia creeps in and i think that the moon wants to take over my planet! So i launch all the nukes at the moon; it explodes; shards of broken moon fall to the Earth; everyone dies except me. I escape in a spaceship and land on Mars. I create a big crystal structure that looks like the inside of a clock and curse about how dickish the late population of Earth were to me.

Ofcourse, i'd take hookers with me too!

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
The USA, EU, China and Russia finally push each other too far and wipe each other out in a nuclear holocaust leaving us in the Southern Hemisphere (and maybe Canada) going "shit...." Nuclear winter would last a month but then it'd clear up and we'd have to start rebuilding.

banthesun

Apr 15, 2009
Vern said:
My perfect apocalypse would be an (un)intentionally fired nuclear ICBM at Moscow. The Russians start firing nukes back, the British, French, and Israelis start firing nuclear missiles toward Russia, China jumps the gun and starts firing them at the US and India, who then fire them at China and Pakistan. All of the other countries in the world who haven't joined in slowly die from a nuclear winter. Meanwhile Kim Jong-Il thinks "Damn, I was supposed to start this."
All living things sizzle and pop inside a radioactive fireball. I am rather scared to think that Russia might at this point may be able to put a warhead on the scale of the Czar Bomba on an ICBM.

Still, the all-out nuclear holocaust would be more exciting than the more probable anti-biotic resistant disease apocalpyse.
You have a zombie avatar! Why don't they feature at all in this post?

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
banthesun said:
Vern said:

You have a zombie avatar! Why don't they feature at all in this post?
Fine Papa Legba is riding on the missiles and he turns all those killed by it into zombies.

The zombies didn't fall into the post because it was a realistic apocalypse setting. Although a zombie uprising would be awesome I don't think it would be bad enough to constitute an apocalypse. Anyone isolated on say an island wouldn't be affected, and if you had a fortified position where you could keep zombies out you wouldn't be affected, unless it ends up being an air-borne contagion. A nuclear winter, no real way you can escape that, unless you have a 30 year water and food supply and can stand not going crazy for the duration.

Alpaca-lips-wow!

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
retard populaion outnumbers the intelligent population. The government decides to create soldiers out of them by removing any way for them to form strong emotional attachment to anyone. They then go around killing anything that moves, including the government itself.

Once their done the survivors will all be retard soldiers, thus beginning the slow decline of man in a reverse-evolutionary state until they all turn back into slime.

It seems fitting somehow, for man to end how it began.

Washboard

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!
Dec 17, 2008
Fanusc101 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

A planetary avalanche of beautiful women and scotch.
or, in another twist, death of all the other men in the world and water turning into wine? oh, and chocolate earth...mmmm ;)

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
Simple, humanity manages to stave off it's instinct to kill one another long enough for this statement to occur, "this just in, stocks are up, unemployment is down, and the UN has just declared global peace forever". All of course would be true. Then the sun explodes and kills us because we took so goddamned long to get along that we really should've been exploring space by then, but we didn't, and the sun punishes us for it.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
a gene that makes rabbits inmortal!!!

seriously,with the rappid spread of that species we would be breathing rabbit in 5 days

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
notsosavagemessiah said:
Simple, humanity manages to stave off it's instinct to kill one another long enough for this statement to occur, "this just in, stocks are up, unemployment is down, and the UN has just declared global peace forever". All of course would be true. Then the sun explodes and kills us because we took so goddamned long to get along that we really should've been exploring space by then, but we didn't, and the sun punishes us for it.
you have being listening to 3 dog too much lately havent you??