An Ideal Apocalypse

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
The Shade said:
How about a strange occurrence where everything with a Y chromosome, except me and my Capuchin monkey, spontaneously dies? That wouldn't be too awful, would it?
You say that now, wait till you're an old man stuck in a room being used to continue the human race.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
AgentNein said:
You say that now, wait till you're an old man stuck in a room being used to continue the human race.
Can I at least have a legion of cloned monkeys to keep me company?

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
hailene said:
Probably the best one would be...

I don't know, some God-like figure (perhaps the big man himself?) comes down, scoops up all the good people (in theory, most of the world's population) and takes them to whatever version of Heaven they so desire.

The end of the world as we know it...but in a good way.
Most of the worlds population are a bunch of assholes. Nice people are a minority. And I don't think there are any "Good" people. Everyone's got issues.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
The Shade said:
AgentNein said:
Can I at least have a legion of cloned monkeys to keep me company?
There's an old saying passed down through my family, let me see if I can recall the quote:

"If I can't enjoy a legion of clone monkeys during your apocalypse, I want no part of it".

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
HentMas said:
a gene that makes rabbits inmortal!!!

seriously,with the rappid spread of that species we would be breathing rabbit in 5 days
Would be true if not for the fact that their delicious.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
AgentNein said:
There's an old saying passed down through my family, let me see if I can recall the quote:

"If I can't enjoy a legion of clone monkeys during your apocalypse, I want no part of it".
Excellent. I could train them to do my bidding, and distract people while I make my escape by leaping out the window in a straight-jacket.

L24z13L

Jul 1, 2009
An insect rebellion. Or, for all you zombie lovers out there, a zombie insect rebellion.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Danman1 said:
HentMas said:
a gene that makes rabbits inmortal!!!

seriously,with the rappid spread of that species we would be breathing rabbit in 5 days
Would be true if not for the fact that their delicious.
aaaaand, by inmortals i mean "no posible way to kill them" sooo... yeah... cant eat them...

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Wait...do I get an omnipotent position to watch as everyone dies? If so I vote some sort of zombie apocalypse. I mean how fun would that be to watch? it's like the ultimate horror movie.

heliosa

Jul 24, 2008
The end of the world as we know it would be.... The planet being enveloped with light and the people who are good( Not good per say, just haven't committed heinous crimes) are given two options. 1. Go to a perfect world in which they are given a dwelling that's their personal idea of heaven ( Sorry, I read this earlier in the thread and agreed with it) 2. Go to a earth that is still closer to home but is devoid of cancer and major diseases....

nick4118

Jun 4, 2009
Either, one planned by procrastinators so they never get around to it.
An instant cease of existence so there is no suffering.
Or a battle of epic proportions against some greater evil that will be so awesome no-one will care the world just ended.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Acid rain

That'll put Gene Kelly in his place, No you cant dance and sing in the rain!

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
I am writing an 'apocalypse' story, after a fashion. It's a black comedy. I'll try to be brief. (HA.)

It's actually apocalypse 2.0 because in the setting people weren't completely wiped out in the first go. Just about wiped out, but not totally, and after the chaos they re-adapted.

So this is a few millennia in the after the fact, which was itself a few millennia in the future. 2012 can suck my metaphorical balls. I introduce a few new key ecological factors due to interstellar contamination from apocalypse 1.0 and blah de blah de blah.

Essentially you have this dude right, from back before apocalypse 1.0. His body doesn't really deteriorate and can rebuild (within reason, if he's atomized... then it's not looking so good for him) due to accidental quantum computer-esque molecular blah de blah de blah. But he's seen a lot and has been alive for a rather long time and this hasn't done nice things to his mental health.

So one day he decides to start fucking with the rather fragile re-built societies. Because, well, because he can. The story revolves around that, a horrifically powerful hive-mind that he accidentally creates, and other things that spiral horribly out of his control. He essentially enlists the unwitting help of a de-aged-to-about-17 woman and her genetically engineered, forced-marriage Brigadier General husband, and to an extent, the woman's also-genetically-tinkered-with-but-still-actually-human former husband (from back when she was still 30, not 17...and could remember what the hell was going on) to dismantle said hive-mind, thus letting him continue to fuck with the remnants of humanity. Things go down-hill from there.

It should be fun.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
darksusano said:
deadman91 said:
The USA, EU, China and Russia finally push each other too far and wipe each other out in a nuclear holocaust leaving us in the Southern Hemisphere (and maybe Canada) going "shit...." Nuclear winter would last a month but then it'd clear up and we'd have to start rebuilding.
Read On the Beach. No-one survives a nuclear holocaust, the radiation drifts down on the air currents. Antarctica MIGHT survive, but it's a big might.
I read somewhere there's a good chance that what happens nuclear holocaust wise in the Northern Hemisphere, stays in the Norther Hemisphere, maybe moving slightly below the equator. That and Nuclear fall-out is only supposed to stay dangerous for around two weeks to a month, so as long as we aren't bombed down here, we should be alright. And if not, well you can't blame a guy for hoping. Besides its an Ideal apocalypse.

cf658

Dec 24, 2008
I would say it would be like an x-men thing where we all have powers and the dolphins are like lets blow shit up so they start nuking everybody and they build zombie dolphin sentinels