An Interesting Fact About Your Country

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
The country's being run by the biggest, purest, most overwhelmingly hateable prick in the country and his dog.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want Gordon Brown back.

sergnb

Mar 12, 2011
GazDM said:
sergnb said:
The biggest Empire in the history of the world was the spanish empire.
I thought British and then Mongolian was bigger (Wikipedia also supports this and says Russian is 3rd which makes sense). Fourth isn't bad though Spain, but you got nothing on us Brits when it comes to imperialism and oppression!
D'oh well, might be true, you know, can never trust what I see on the internet, and I don't quite remember thos history classes that well.

But yeah, Slavery, Opression! We are really good that it 8D

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Most people in the US can't tell you what their State's capital is, much less what most of the other states names most of the time.

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
SilentBobsThoughts said:
Britain- We had a soldier in world war 2 who went into battle with a sword, bow and arrows and a shield. Correct me if I'm wrong, he may have been american but i dunno for definate :)
Holy crap, I just mentioned that dude in another thread. Jack Churchill, and he was indeed English.

Also, another fact about America: Our national anthem was written by a man taken prisoner on an English warship.

sexbutler

Nov 18, 2010
Mr Thin said:
Mcapplepie said:
Apparently, Australia is the fattest country in the world.

... woo Australia.
No we're not, we're the 21st fattest country.

OT: Australia is home to the only Monotremes in existence, which, if you didn't know, are basically mammals that lay eggs.

Edit: OK, Monotremes are actually in New Guinea too, so that invalidates that.

Uh... we have the worlds most poisonous snakes?
The platypus' sting is perfectly non-lethal, but is said to be the most painful experience a human being can have. There is no plural of the word platypus.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
The majority of the founding fathers refused to describe their religion
The United States is not a Christian country as most of the founding fathers where deists
and the founding father's religious opinions would have no bearing on what the country is today anyway.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
StellarViking said:
SilentBobsThoughts said:
Britain- We had a soldier in world war 2 who went into battle with a sword, bow and arrows and a shield. Correct me if I'm wrong, he may have been american but i dunno for definate :)
Holy crap, I just mentioned that dude in another thread. Jack Churchill, and he was indeed English.

Also, another fact about America: Our national anthem was written by a man taken prisoner on an English warship.
set to the tune of a drinking song! :D

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
Canada's first Prime Minister was a drunk who was guilty of accepting bribes. Our leader during WWII had multiple stuffed dogs named Pat and made many decisions in conference with his dead father. For some reason many think that the corrupt drunk was still in the top three best Prime Ministers ever though.

rekulnats

Apr 22, 2011
I'm going to go for my town, rather than country. New Malden (in Surrey and South West Greater London) has the largest community of South Koreans in Europe with around 8000. This is because the SK ambassador moved to the area in the '70s. ¦D

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
AMERICA: We will cross a frozen river to kill you on Christmas.

Yeah, Washington crossed the Delaware on Christmas morning while the Hessins were all hungover. Yep,America was full of hardasses from day one....or was that day negative one.

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Scotland: We have two flags rather than one.

St Andrews Cross - The blue background and white cross in front representing the cross St Andrew was crucified on. We also have the (now rarely used) Lion Rampant which depicts a red lion with a yellow background.

Second Fact: Our national anthem can be summed up as "Back off Edward Longshanks, you can't steal our country". It was created to inspire Scottish warriors trying to drive the english out of Scotland.

EinTheCorgi

Jun 6, 2010
Well I live in the good old US off A and...A good 80% of the people here are mind numbingly stupid, in one way or another. Weather it be book smart yet lacking in common sense or that they cant tell the difference between an oak and a elm tree.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Reyalsfeihc said:
In an effort to become more multicultural and end the non-existent amount of seething nationalism on the Escapist [/sarcasm], put forward your best ice breaker (or the most interesting fact to you) about your home country. Mine most definitely is the United States was a nation built on weed, without which the 13 colonies` economy would`ve collapsed.
Well tomorrow is Norway's national day (17th of May)...

Now what is interesting about us? Well the movie Movie Bob reviewed last week was from Norway...

S3Cs4uN 8

Apr 25, 2011
gamezombieghgh said:
S3Cs4uN 8 said:
gamezombieghgh said:
New Zealand was the first country to give women voting rights
what a mistake that was

then again the men cant vote a decent leader anyway.

(im live in new zealand)
You just managed to be offensive to two sexes, a nation, AND contradict yourself in one post, I suspect you are trolling
nope im being dead serial

ReSpawn

Feb 24, 2009
Valdus said:
Scotland: We have two flags rather than one.

St Andrews Cross - The blue background and white cross in front representing the cross St Andrew was crucified on. We also have the (now rarely used) Lion Rampant which depicts a red lion with a yellow background.

Second Fact: Our national anthem can be summed up as "Back off Edward Longshanks, you can't steal our country". It was created to inspire Scottish warriors trying to drive the english out of Scotland.
Our unofficial anthem.

Though I guess you can't get more official than having everyone in the country say that it is.

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
Hungary: We have one of the most hardest languages to learn. Coincidentally, it also has perhaps the most swear words of any.