An Interesting Fact About Your Country

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
On the America is the fattest country in the world note, I would like to say a particular Fuck You to my Wii for calling me Obese when I'm 5'11" 200lbs, with less then 10% body fat

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Reyalsfeihc said:
artanis_neravar said:
Dags90 said:
Mr Thin said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

*Multiple chins jiggling with the force of my howl*

Heheh, no, in all seriousness, I'm so underweight I'm nearly dead.

Guess that makes me un-Australian.
It probably means it's going to be hard for you to find clothes that aren't sized for your supersized countrymen. It's certainly a problem here in the U.S.
artanis_neravar said:
I'm glad to hear that, the teacher at my school who taught about the genocide is a Rwandan citizen who escaped from his house minutes before the secret police came to kill him

Also my state is the largest blueberry producer in the world as well as the number one tooth pick exporter
Guess where I'm from
I believe I've heard that it's Maine, but I'm pretty sure that's actually part of Canada.
Yes it is Maine, and fuck you we are not a part of Canada, we are proud New Englanders....or bat shit crazy people who live in compounds with more guns than any one person should ever own.
Coming from a state that was going to allow guns to be brought into sporting events, I highly doubt you have more armaments. Guess where I'm from?
Texas I assume. But the anti-government cults you hear about that have arsenals to repel the government invasion, there are grouops like that far up in Maine

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
Reyalsfeihc said:
artanis_neravar said:
Dags90 said:
Mr Thin said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

*Multiple chins jiggling with the force of my howl*

Heheh, no, in all seriousness, I'm so underweight I'm nearly dead.

Guess that makes me un-Australian.
It probably means it's going to be hard for you to find clothes that aren't sized for your supersized countrymen. It's certainly a problem here in the U.S.
artanis_neravar said:
I'm glad to hear that, the teacher at my school who taught about the genocide is a Rwandan citizen who escaped from his house minutes before the secret police came to kill him

Also my state is the largest blueberry producer in the world as well as the number one tooth pick exporter
Guess where I'm from
I believe I've heard that it's Maine, but I'm pretty sure that's actually part of Canada.
Yes it is Maine, and fuck you we are not a part of Canada, we are proud New Englanders....or bat shit crazy people who live in compounds with more guns than any one person should ever own.
Coming from a state that was going to allow guns to be brought into sporting events, I highly doubt you have more armaments. Guess where I'm from?
Texas I assume. But the anti-government cults you hear about that have arsenals to repel the government invasion, there are grouops like that far up in Maine
Nope, actually Arizona. Which is quite funny since we really don't need to give automatic weapons to all the snowbirds who show up annually that're horrible drivers to begin with.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Reyalsfeihc said:
Sacman said:
Mcapplepie said:
Apparently, Australia is the fattest country in the world.

... woo Australia.
What? no way the US should totally have you beat...<.<

OT: The US, we have the largest military budget in the world...
Ya sorry Australia I'm pretty sure we have a higher obesity rate than you. In fact apparently the most obese nation in the world is American Samoa which has a 93.5% obesity rate 0.o
http://www.expatify.com/news/the-worlds-top-10-fattest-countries.html
A source from this year would be good.

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
new pop artist emerge once every month
I don't particularly enjoy them, but people overseas seems to

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Littlee300 said:
Reyalsfeihc said:
Sacman said:
Mcapplepie said:

... woo Australia.
What? no way the US should totally have you beat...<.<

OT: The US, we have the largest military budget in the world...
Ya sorry Australia I'm pretty sure we have a higher obesity rate than you. In fact apparently the most obese nation in the world is American Samoa which has a 93.5% obesity rate 0.o
http://www.expatify.com/news/the-worlds-top-10-fattest-countries.html
A source from this year would be good.
Sorry, should've looked harder to begin with. Article says America has the highest rate but it doesn't mention Australia from what I read.
http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/story/2011/02/Study-Global-obesity-rates-double-since-1980/43253168/1

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Bram Stoker's Dracula legend was "inspired" from the Voievod Vlad Tepes(the Impaler) from Romania.

Now on to more interesting facts:a romanian invented the insuline,the first jet airplane was created by Henry Coanda in 1910,Nicolae Paulescu discovered and invented Insulin and many others.

DaphneRose

Apr 30, 2011
Reyalsfeihc said:
DaphneRose said:
USA:
Some of Ghandi's ashes are at the Lake Shrine in Pacific Palisades near Los Angeles.
These were the only ashes allowed outside of India when he died.

Philippines:
Where the karaoke was invented.
That's strange that they'd let specific ashes get released out of India. And actually it was invented in Japan, by a person from the Philippines.
Mm, there's some dispute about that. Roberto del Rosario, a Filipino, invented it. That's what's said officially, at any rate.

larysalove

Apr 15, 2011
emeraldrafael said:
Depends on the city and the country. It seems the scandanavian countries care a good deal for it, and certain states in the US if there's a good market. besides, WE in pittsburgh were the first to debut an artificial hockey rink, so yeah. We care here in pittsburgh.

OT: hm... well, lets go on a small PA base.

PA was the first state to have/make:

Hospital, Library, Zoo, Newspaper, Nation's Capitol, all motion-picture theater, television broadcast, radio broadcast, educational public-television station, paper mill, druggist, locomotive for railroad use, high-speed multi-lane highway - the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Banana Split, electronic computer built, commercial use of computer, cable television, educational public television station, government low-interest, long term business financing program.

We're number one in:

Rural Population, number of licensed hunters, State Game Lands, covered bridges, potato chip production, pretzel bakeries, licensed bakeries, meat packing plants, mushroom production, sausage production, scrapple production

And for a more personal level, Pittsburgh was the first to use a documented emoticon. Thats rather special.

But there's also all of this:
http://pittsburgh.about.com/cs/aboutpittsburgh/a/facts_2.htm (there's a lot, otherwise I could copy and paste).

We also have seventeen sister cities internationally
PA also had the most drive in theaters. I thought that was cool.

But, I'm from the other side of PA, and that means we can never be friends because of our sports teams. And I'm pretty sure that makes us special.

restoshammyman

Jan 5, 2009
Furious Styles said:
I come from the UK, the land of weird idiosyncrasies

We are one of only three countries to have an uncodified constitution.

Can anyone name the other two?
israel is one.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
larysalove said:
Snip so thread doesnt explode from PA awesomeness
Yeah, I suppose so. though Pittsburgh isnt good at making friends, since we hate pretty much every team in the tri state area.

Though I'm willing to be friends with anyone who isnt a Browns, Flyers, or Caps fan. Its not the city we Pittsburghers hate, its the flyers. We dont see the eagles enough to hate them, they're a blip on the far horizon of our radar.

Mo-shi

Mar 27, 2011
I'm pretty sure Canada invented the telephone and basketball ... correct me if I'm wrong.

doctorjackal777

May 25, 2009
I'm from Australia and contrary to popular (American) belief we don't all sound like the crocodile hunter, say G'day and wear corks on our hats.

Darth_MAM

May 13, 2011
Hello every one, and relax I ain't gona talk about US... you seem to get that place covered... in fact I'm going to talk about about a more interesting place... Venezuela.

Ok focus... only ONE interesting fact... like our presidents afiliation with ETA or FARC, as well as many countries that not even their mothers'd hug... having our taxes rised more than 25% every year and not showing any improvement in the economy... having lots of oil ring but no refineries so we buy OUR oil from the US... Damn, and I said that I wouldnt talk about them... oh, and we dont have laws that punish genosides... thats right Gadafi, you can come here any time you like, all you have to do is ask...

Well... I would say that our country is special(in the good way) for having 4 different kinds of enviriments: snowy rock mountains, desserts, lovely beaches and calm plains.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
doctorjackal777 said:
I'm from Australia and contrary to popular (American) belief we don't all sound like the crocodile hunter, say G'day and wear corks on our hats.
But you do, for the most part, all enjoy seafood (a.k.a. shrimp) correct?
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/news/lib/1430
Also apparently fish are your country's third most popular pet.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Mcapplepie said:
... woo Australia.
That fact actually belongs to America. Our rate is about 25%, there's is about 20%. We have 22ish million, they have 300ish million. Math does not lie.

Australia's longest beach is 151km (94mi) long.

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
I love how within 20 posts on this thread, there was an atheist/theist argument brewing.

Meanwhile, Australia: most people actually *don't* die from attacks by deadly spiders/sharks/Drop Bears/snakes/octopi/jellyfish/sheep/whatever.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
azukar said:
Reyalsfeihc said:
But you do, for the most part, all enjoy seafood (a.k.a. shrimp) correct?
For the most part. Prawns > shrimp, by the way :)
Indeed, Prawns and to some extent Crawdads are better than shrimp, especially in a nice Jumbalaya.

PettingZOOPONY

Dec 2, 2007
Mo-shi said:
I'm pretty sure Canada invented the telephone and basketball ... correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats a tricky one for the telephone, but if you go by Alexander Graham Bell because he got the first patent then it was conceived in Brantford Ontario but created in Boston, Massachusetts. But it was invented in the US earlier by Antonio Meucc and Elisha Gray but not patented. There are also 5 or 6 other inventors that made telephone type devices but im to lazy to list them.