Anne Hathaway Will Play Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
I'd be nervous if it was anyone other than Nolan making this movie.

Seeing The Dark Knight, Batman Begins (my only problems with that movie was how it was shot), Inception, etc. were all great, Nolan seems to know how to construct a great plot and interesting action.

You have the benefit of the doubt; don't squander it.

N_Gin

Aug 20, 2010
Hmm... The choice of Anne Hathaway does surprise me. But, then again she looks "like she couldn't hurt a fly", which would make it all the more shocking when she starts cutting up people.

And Bane... I'm intrigued!

Rekrul

Nov 24, 2010
Aiddon said:
Tom Hardy seems to be an odd choice for Bane, but Bane was also supposed to be a smart guy in his debut. I guess Hardy wants to get some practice in playing a tough guy before he does Mad Max.
Oh, hes done tough before, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1172570/

bz316

Feb 10, 2010
After the Dark Knight and Inception, I am willing to give Nolan my blind faith. Mr. Nolan, if you feel this is the best direction to go in, I will defer to your superior judgement. Nolan be praised...

Apr 17, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
I can see how Bane would pose a much more direct threat than Dr. Strange but I don't think he really fits into the universe Nolan was trying to create for his trilogy. It's weird also, how Selina Kyle is mentioned but Catwoman isn't. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer to see Hush on the silver screen...
I see what you mean, given that all the villains so far have had gimmicks rather the powers, and Ra's al Ghul being immortal was a result of him using stand-ins rather than Lazarus Pits, but Bane is essentially a guy on performance enhancing drugs. There's nothing really super about him, like Clay-Face or Man-Bat for example, he's just taking steroids that improve his body and mind. I think it'll be interesting to see Nolan using a character who's more than a match for Batman in every regard

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Hathaway is a great actress. She is so blievable in anything she does. Hell she was the only good actress in that Alice movie. But I am always weary to see "interpretation" of a character. I am imagining Dragon Ball Evolution Bane.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
I already posted this in another thread, but i´ll say it again, since it describes my excitement pretty well:

Bane used other villains to wear down The Dark Knight, before breaking Batman´s back in Knightfall. Could we be seing some minor villains cameo in this? That would be awesome.He´s definitly more than just a physical match for Batman, he´s a criminal mastermind.
Hardy is a great choice to play Bane. I really liked his performances in Inception and Bronson.People saying that he wont be able to pull off Bane´s muscular appearance should check out Bronson.Or click the spoiler box below.

As for Anne Hathaway, I like her. She´s a decent actress who can learn a lot with Nolan. Also, she´s very hot...something required to play Catwoman. To whoever thinks she´s ugly, click the spoiler box below.

HOT!

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Eh. Christopher Nolan's a good director so I think it'll work.

I mean, I despise Anne Hathaway and I don't really like the idea of Bane in this film, but then again no one liked the idea of Ledger as the Joker.
Yeah I remember seeing flame wars on youtube comments that everyone thought he wasnt gonna be a good Joker at all...

And Im guessing everyone will be surprised once again

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
For some reason I think shes better to play catwoman than Angelina Jolie.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Yes! I was hoping for Bane.

That and after seeing Tom Hardy in that Bronson movie, I'm very enthusiastic for his portrayal of Bane. That and well for once, Catwoman is going to be played by a woman I'm attracted to, so win-win. (Halle Berry would have qualified but she just looked... bad in her adaptation)

Here's hoping they make Bane like he is in Knightfall, in that he's actually a man with a plan, a plan to basically hunt Batman and wear him down, not just some hulking menace who only knows how to break things. In the comics, and even in the first episodes of the Animated Series, he was a fairly intelligent person, a Predator- and had a lot of luck with ze ladies.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
It's a little disappointing that the Riddler isn't going to be in it and that Catwoman is. But I am really excited to hopefully for the first time see a good and respectful portrayal of Bane on the big screen.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
really worried with casting Anne Hathaway as Catwoman- I thought she was supposed to be some sleek and sensual femme fatale? Hathaway strikes me as too fresh faced and dare-I-say-it sweet for such a role.

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
call me nitpicky, but i could almost see anne hathaway's look and acting style as poison ivy, not catwoman. but...
Julianking93 said:
then again no one liked the idea of Ledger as the Joker.
very true. so i'll wait to see it before judging.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Im excited about these announcements! Anne is gorgeous and I also think she'll be able to shine and show the skeptics(and thier bound to shoot up) much like Heath did

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Anne Hathaway is the kind of actress of whom I can never actually tell if she's good at what she does or if she's just eye-candy. She sure is nice to look at and maybe she has some talent, but I honestly couldn't tell, probably because most of the movies she was in (or at least those I have seen)didn't appeal to me.

Other than that, Bane sure sounds cool as the movies main villain.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Cpt Corallis said:
Jbird said:
Holy sh*t; I friggin' called it on Bane. It's a shame I can't find the post on the Escapist forums to show for it.
I did as well! I'm hoping that The Dark Knight rises does have two separate villains. Bane is good, especially if they actually follow the route of using his origin story to show the growth of Batman as a character but I think it does need someone slightly more high profile as well, no idea who it could be though, especially following The Joker and Two Face In The Dark Knight.
Well, if Hathaway is going to be Catwoman, and not just Selina Kyle, that would make for an interesting balance. If not (I'll be shocked and disappointed if that were the case), then your guess is as good as mine for a secondary villain.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Divine Miss Bee said:
call me nitpicky, but i could almost see anne hathaway's look and acting style as poison ivy, not catwoman. but...
That actually would be quite nice, but I think Nolan said at one point he wouldn't do Poison Ivy in a film as it was too unrealistic or... something. Maybe he was talking about some other villain >>