Annoying Video Game Quotes Forever Etched into your Memory

TheVector

Feb 10, 2010
They're everywhere! - Halo series/BOB's in Marathon

Go go go!
In the rear with the gear. - SC2

This thread was a fun read.

Mar 30, 2010
Eric Idle's voice informing me that: "That doesn't work!".

In a point-and-click adventure game, where progress is made more by trial and error than simple logic (especially in this game), perhaps they should have included more than one sound file for trying to combine incompatible items.

High fives all round if you know which game I'm talking about, although I probably gave it away when I mentioned Eric Idle.

tweedpol

Nov 19, 2009
Anyone play C&C Generals?
The GLA always had the best/worst lines (in a horrific MiddleEastern except not really accent)
'Don't get on my bad side'
'Roads are boring!'
'Ow! Okay, okay, I will work!'
And of course
'AK-47s... FOR EVERYBODY! [cheer]'

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
These three belong to a set:

"The time to strike at the head of the beast will soon be upon us! Focus your anger and hatred on his minions!"
"Yes! YES! Show them no mercy! Give no pause to your attacks!"
"Let hatred and rage guide your blows!"

SHUT THE HELL UP SARA! I KNOW! THIS IS THE 400th TIME I'M ATTEMPTING THIS DAMNIT!

Also:
"Dwarven crafts! Fine dwarven crafts!"
Every single time I passed that dwarf! I started to take a detour just because I was tired of hearing it.

Oh yeah, and I don't want to hear a single thing about Garrus' calibrations anymore.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
"... but Chris is... -gunshot-"

From that damn first scene in Resident Evil 1 (The original)

I know the whole game is filled with awful voice acting and script but that always burns into my head. I really dont know why but as soon as someone mentions Resi Evil I always say to myself
"But Chris is..."

Gah I dont know.

Null-Entity

Jun 8, 2010
So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes.

Nuff said :D

No wait I love that one.

Would have to be Stalker : Well come in don't just stand there, when you go into the bar Arrrr I wanted to kill him so badly.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Witcher 2:

"Odren! OOOOoooodrennn! Heeeerrreeee boyyyyyyy"
OMG he's not in the camp stfu already, all 4 of you morons.

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself king of infinite space..." -as spoken in the beginning of Martian Gothic. Little nutshell rocket flying three unknowing astronauts to almost-certain doom on a Martian mining base. It set the scene perfectly, and with a Shakespeare quote, too!

Terrible, evil game. Like the inventory management of Myst combined with Resident Evil survival horror, only the zombies get back up in 15 minutes, you have to control three characters at once in real time (without getting them too close to each other, or really bad things happen), and there are huge insta-kill-y monsters that can't be killed that you need to get past/around. But the atmosphere and sense of horror were very well-done. That opening sequence with the nutshell quote set it all up so well, and the quote has really stuck with me ever since.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
"Feeling... LONELY?" From the maze in the 7th Guest, every time you come to a dead end. It got so bad, I was muttering "STFU, bastard." every time I heard Stauf say that.

In BG, I had that effing downer mage, Xan, in my party, and every time we entered battle, I'd hear, "We're all going to diiie..."

On the other hand. Minsc was awesome! "Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!" and "Boo says, WHAAAT?" "Laugh while you can, evil! You won't be laugning long!" and, of course, "BUTT-KICKING! FOR GOODNESS!"

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
LadyRhian said:
"Feeling... LONELY?" From the maze in the 7th Guest, every time you come to a dead end. It got so bad, I was muttering "STFU, bastard." every time I heard Stauf say that.
Wow, that's going back a bit. I remember gritting my teeth upon hearing that. Especially as the maze was a complete swine to navigate. (Even if there was supposedly a map to it in Mrs Knox's bedroom.)

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
Eric Idle's voice informing me that: "That doesn't work!".

In a point-and-click adventure game, where progress is made more by trial and error than simple logic (especially in this game), perhaps they should have included more than one sound file for trying to combine incompatible items.

High fives all round if you know which game I'm talking about, although I probably gave it away when I mentioned Eric Idle.
WOOO discworld game!!!! yay!

and mine is

"your visitors are thirsty, have you tried building more drinks shops?"
combo'd with
"you visitors think your drinks are a great deal, you're a marketing genius"

sooooo frustrating.