Anonymous announces its plan to destroy facebook

CodeOrange

Jun 7, 2011
Anon declares that they're going to bring down facebook after it was rendered defunct by Google +.

OTT, talk about balless. At least LulSec, despite being hated by everyone for not actually causing any lulz by taking down PSN, they had the gall to take down something that's still used by many people.

yman15

Jul 11, 2011
Denamic said:
Come on, so much Anon crap going on for months now, and there's still this many people who don't even understand what 'Anonymous' is?
You can't treat them as a group of like-minded people.
Hell, you can't even treat them as a group.
They are just a shitload of people that's barely unified by a single idea.
Other than that, Anonymous is pure chaos.
Anonymous is just a bunch of guys who just say they're part of Anonymous and think they're all bad cause of it. Well at least until they get arrested heh heh. I really can't respect something like that.

Is this really important anyways? I'm not gonna die frm not being able to use facebook chat for a couple hours

Nokiro

Aug 5, 2011
CodeOrange said:
Anon declares that they're going to bring down facebook after it was rendered defunct by Google +.

OTT, talk about balless. At least LulSec, despite being hated by everyone for not actually causing any lulz by taking down PSN, they had the gall to take down something that's still used by many people.
I'm pretty sure alot of people will still be using it. The date is only like 3 months away.

soes757

Jan 24, 2011
Then everyone will come to Google plus.
Really though its a useless pointless "tool".
November 5th you say?
Can't wait to see the result and your resolve.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
While at the movies I thought of something else I would like to add to the conversation....

Anonymous is actually.....

Tom Anderson out for revenge with his army of zombie accounts that havent been used in over 2 years.

You shall feer us, for we are legion!

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
LaughingAtlas said:
I can't seem to remember, is Facebook the one where everyone and their grandma updates their page with their every slightest action at every opportunity regardless of the chances anyone gives a damn, or was it the "spy on your friends" one? Either way, I don't see much harm done if Anon succeeds.
No that's twitter, although there are too many of them on fb as well :/

I just read about fb selling the information to other people and it's making me sick, I hope it's not true but if it is, hopefully this will encourage them to stop that.

Harlief

Jul 8, 2009
JWAN said:
Harlief said:
Time to back up all my photos and write myself an address book.
What happened to Anonymous? When did they let the attention seeking wankers take over?
The day they formed the organization.
Well played sir! I was referring of course to their members who protested against the "Church" of Scientology and did worthwhile stuff like that. It does seem like a bunch of attention starved 14 year olds at the moment...

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Useless site and would do all on the web a favour, however the chance for them to succeed is slim ):

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
And how long do you expect Facebook to stay down once you take it down? A month? A week? A few days?

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
ZRendZ said:
-Shrugs- Atleast i don't get that tosser in school which is like "why don't you add me on facebook you fat shit"
Well, you could say something extremely witty, like "Its called a friends list for a reason..."

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Deamon Toss said:
Let me make this real easy for yea. I suck at internet sloothing, I don't know shit about doxxing, but using your profile and 5 seconds in google, I more or less found your entire internet lifestyle and a crap ton of sites you visit. Now any anon worth his salt could take that and rip you in half. because I can already tell you got a lot of personal info on the other sites your using.

You see where this is going?
That everywhere online is unsafe? How is Facebook better? How does this prove your argument? The odds are probably better that Zuckerberg will sell somebody's personal info for money than I will be randomly doxxed.

Also, basically the only info that's public you could use is my friend list and name, and not everyone with that name online is me. But you probably did find me out, bro. :) I'm still willing to bet some of those places you claim I visit I've never actually been to and it's somebody else. :/

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I actually really want this to go smoothly. I would delete my account but knowing that you cannot really delete it means I end up posting passive aggressive statuses though I soon shall be cleansed by this. Honestly who cares about a website where every inane thought is encouraged to be broadcast.

Every status is a reflection of how painful it is to be human: If it's not a status about eating, shitting or squelching out babies it's about the colour of your socks.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
While I do hate what Facebook and a good number of other web sites for the matter do with your information, this just seems like a bad move:

1. Facebook is large and has a lot of resource, most likely they will recover, if the attack even works.
2. This attack will only win them enemies.
3. I already pointed out other sites do this too, this would only serve to remove one of many offenders.

I think a push to get an information security bill passed would serve their purpose here better.

TITAN59650

Feb 22, 2011
Am I the only one that wants all criminal hackers to be lined up in front of a firing squad? Facebook is how I keep in contact with all of my friends that are long distance, I'm not addicted to it but it's a great tool. Anonymous and all of their little friends can jump in front of a bus, as well as the PSN hackers.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
bleachigo10 said:
Oh wow I hope the succeed, watching all the people who can't go five minutes without updating their statuses freak out should be very very entertaining.
Lol, that would be nice :D I will actually record people's responses on my phone to remember the day... What about a constant DDoS? So a non-stop barrage for 10 days? Or changing everyone's name to a dick-joke? I can't believe I am voting for the hackers here :p

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Considering I am one of the last people without a facebook account, I can't be very bothered by this.
I do think it'll be worth it to see what happens when facebook goes down for a few days. Probably twitter and google+ will be flooded with dramatic messages about how they can't reach facebook.