Anonymous Attacks North Korea

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
LysanderNemoinis said:
When I witness asshole-to-asshole combat, I hope both sides can lose equally. Like with World War II, I'm tempted to go by who has the lesser body count, which means I'd root for Anonymous. ...Then again, when it came down to Communist Russia and Nazi Germany, I'd be rooting for the Germans. Oh well.
I'm sorry but what?
Why?
Nazi Germany was the worst thing ever, how could one ever support that? Even compared to Soviet Russia?

OT:
Well, I don't really think this will help resolving this situation but also I don't think that this seriously is going to kick off the war

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I don't think that they depend on their computers all that much. You need more than a bunch of self-important script kiddies to affect that regime.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
WanderingFool said:
Daverson said:
Anonymous! Setting in motion events that will lead to the death of millions of innocent South Koreans!

...would someone remind me why people support these guys?
You... do realise that North Korea has about 5 computers in the whole fucking country... I doubt many N. Korean citizens even know about this, than alone actually saw the message.
It's not the average citizens that'll care, it's how the people in power in N. Korea (who might possibly own one of those 5 computers) might react to this provocation.

Alchemist08

May 25, 2010
Heh, wow. People really think Anon's actions are going to be a tipping point, or have any effect at all in this situation? Granted NK is lead by a group of insane little assholes, but I mean come on. Anon threatening NK is about as noteworthy as Nk threatening the US. It's not. It is in fact as others have mention sword-rattling/dick waving. If the folks in charge of North Korea are crazy enough to actually launch a suicidal attack, they will find a reason to do so no matter what we do. So why bother humoring them by getting upset over this eh? My advice like always is to chill out.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Funny, but jesus christ, please stop poking the north Korean bear. Soon enough they're going to flip like a well-done pancake, let's not hurry that shit along. :/

Sofus

Apr 15, 2011
Fuck north korea. Let's just get it over with and either kill kim or simply launch all our nukes at their pathetic third world country.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Under different circumstances I wouldn't mind... but with the threats of nukes... that really isn't helping...

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
LifeCharacter said:
Patrick Buck said:
Funny, but jesus christ, please stop poking the north Korean bear. Soon enough they're going to flip like a well-done pancake, let's not hurry that shit along. :/
Is there a reason not to hurry it along? Because ending everything that is the current North Korea (the human rights violations, the shitty quality of life, the psychotic leaders, etc.) seems like something we should do as soon as possible. Sure there'd be a conflict, but their military is absolutely pathetic and I doubt the populace, no matter how brainwashed by propaganda, will be pretty open to things like current-age medicine, technology, entertainment, food, rights, and so on.
Mmm, but you can be sure that before they go they're going to sling nukes in every which direction. Peacefully dealing with them seems the best way.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Anonymous is really in the right here. They're simply killing off the Propaganda machine within North Korea in an effort for members of North Korea and its citizens to realize just how piss poor their technology is in an attempt to incite rebellion within North Korea while simultaneously weakening resolve within the ranks. Anonymous can now also use the passwords they've retrieved in order to issue propaganda of their own; reveal the state of the rest of the world, the follies of the North Korean dictatorship system, and demonstrate just how silly the idea of going to war with even one first world nation would be.

We have more than ample defenses to mitigate any North Korean attack, so Anonymous may be the only ones that can seek out a somewhat peaceful resolution for all involved, with the exception of possibly the citizens of North Korea, as an insurgency will always have its casualties.

RWillers

Mar 17, 2010
I think the real problem here is not the might of the North Korean army. If they attack and they're subsequently crushed in a year or a month or a day, that would be "great" for many people. But we should not forget that many people could die and any loss of life, no matter the numbers, is a horrible thing.

So even if they launched a nuke at South Korea and killed just one person... well, that's one too many dead.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Oh that pic of Kim Jong Un as Pigsy is hilarious, would love a poster version. Seriously if there is one regime that deserves to have the piss taken out of it its North Korea.

That jumped up little shit of a dictator has been swinging his dick too much of late, maybe this will help show him just how much of a bad joke the rest of the world considers him.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Yep, poking the bear and giving the guy who's running loose with reality a reason to launch a weapon of massive destruction isnt a terrible idea in anyway. BUt hwat does anon care, they're above things such as law and reason and sense.

Seriously though I dont know where they get off saying they're the 99% when they have more than enough power to cripple people, make life miserable, and generally censor the internet to their desire just like the US Gov. and DPRK's Gov. That's hardly the 99%. Sure their members maybe part of the 99%, but i bet some of their members are also some of the low 1% or very very upper edges of the 99%. And the group itself is anyhting but the 99%

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
knight steel said:
[image width=400]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llafirS1gP1qip70no1_500.jpg[/IMG]
That made my day, since I love watching Naruto Shippuden. Thank you for the laugh.

OT: This isn't going to help anyone out. That picture will only enrage Kim (or his army) thus will commence in attacking the US as a sign of 'Don't mock me' and war will break out. I'm honestly a bit nervous, but won't panic to this. Peace may be an option just it'll be harder to achieve then the 'first one to strike and all bets are off' sequence.
Omg a fellow Naruto fan....can it be YAY
Can......can we be friends?

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Here we have Anonymous show they have no fucking clue what they are doing, despite all their skill with computers. Yes lets piss off the insane nuclear armed nation even more, its not like they are erratic to the point of insanity.

But the call to rise up is what gets me, assuming any North Koreans saw this (and they almost certainly didn't since this is propaganda for external consumption, with any who did see it being so few it doesn't matter) do they really think they are going to start an uprising because of bunch of people halfway around the world and behind keyboards, utterly unable to affect their situation said to do so and that they would have their back?

Anonymous could fuck up my life pretty hard, but they can't really touch North Korea.

Genocidicles said:
North Korea has computers advanced enough to connect to the internet?!
Not for the average person no. I have heard that supposedly they are getting more connections in more areas, but when they can kill you for having a cell phone that calls outside the nation I doubt that means anything.

Kinda moot point anyway since the site they attacked was based in China. They haven't actually done anything to anyone in North Korea.

Mumorpuger said:
I'm baffled as to why we're just sitting around waiting for them to throw the first punch.
Because they may or may not do something, if you attack first they will certainly do something and at this stage that will be causing a whole lot of death and destruction because NK said some stuff that people didn't like. Thats sure to make South Korea and Japan, nations who are entirely in range of the Norths missiles, less that pleased shall we say.

We shouldn't want to fight North Korea, thats not a path with a bright future for anyone involved, least of all the people of the Koreas.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Patrick Buck said:
They're more like the North Korean bee. A bear is a credible threat, all a bee can do is kill itself to try to hurt you.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Regardless, it's a much bigger story than "Anon Vandalized A Thing" when a country is literally on the brink of declaring war on the USA.
America would destroy North Korea. They have:
1. the biggest military budget in the world.
2. the biggest gun:citizen ratio in the world
3. crazy nationalists in power and stupid red necks

I'm not a fan of American politics or culture because of this, why would anyone attack them?