Anonymous Attacks US Government

Triple G

Sep 12, 2008
Talvrae said:
I had thought that Annonymous was an organisation against the church of Scientology since when does they attack things about copyrights?
Anonymous never attacks with a clear reason, Anonymous "does it for the lulz", to have fun, and all other goals are secondary and in no way imperative. Project Chanology was a light derail when too many new Anons(aka Newfags) took the Scientology stuff too serious and ran rampant with it forgetting said "lulz".

-DISCLAIMER-
WITH THE WORD "NEWFAG", WHICH IS USED BY ANONS TO DESCRIBE NEW ANONS WHO NEED TO LURK MORE, I.E. TO SPEND MORE TIME READING THAN POSTING, I DO NOT INTENT TO ATTACK OR OFFEND ANY GAY PEOPLE OR THE GAY COMMUNITY IN ANY WAY. THIS IS USED FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY
-END OF DISCLAIMER-

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Xzi said:
Well I don't particularly support what they're fighting for, but to their credit, at least Anonymous gets shit done. How many other protest groups can say the same?
I dunno, the NAZIS!

(Godwin's Law, lol)

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
usucdik said:
Tdc2182 said:
I wonder if they realize the irony of their Guy Fawkes mascot. Maybe they don't realize that it represents the opposite of what they are trying to accomplish
And similarly you don't realize modern interpretations.
They believe that Guy Fawkes tried to cause Anarchy and disruption in Parliament, when in reality he was trying to set forth an even more tyrannical form of government.

What do I not realize about the modern interpretation? They believe their little Mascot represents anarchy, when in reality he represents iron clad shitty government. I do believe I understand what it means better than them.

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
Cyber-terrorism? I say nay, and I only support them because it's a kick in the balls to the U.S. Government and to the RIAA, both who deserve far worse than that.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
warprincenataku said:
Yeah! Let's fight for the right to steal other people's stuff! In other news, good job taking down a website I doubt many people even use.

Oh why do I bother? Just run along, strap on your padded helmets and go play anarchist.
Technically they are working together as a group, so they aren't being anarchist. They want everyone to have access to everything, and thus equalize the data. This seems parallel to certain political and social systems....

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Xzi said:
Well I don't particularly support what they're fighting for, but to their credit, at least Anonymous gets shit done. How many other protest groups can say the same?

Nazis?

I don't give credit to people who things to far, Especially those who hide behind a internet persona and a few proxies.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Are they aware that DDoS attacks are a federal crime? Do they know that they just attacked the government? I have a strong feeling some arrests are going to be made.

Hell, I hope they do. The self-entitled 4chan pricks really get on my nerves.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Tdc2182 said:
Xzi said:

Nazis?

I don't give credit to people who things to far, Especially those who hide behind a internet persona and a few proxies.
Think you screwed up your quoting there.

My point is we should support Anonymous because they are right, not because of their might.

Flexing their muscles doesn't prove anything, they need to win the argument, not the battle.

Last Valiance

Jun 26, 2010
The internet is the only place where true freedom of speech exists any more.

(and now I'll be banned just for the ironic value)

Kill100577

Nov 25, 2009
"UK copyright laws to be reviewed, announces Cameron"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11695416

Again i point you to this article released today on the BBC.

8BitCain

Nov 4, 2010
Tdc2182 said:
I wonder if they realize the irony of their Guy Fawkes mascot. Maybe they don't realize that it represents the opposite of what they are trying to accomplish
This. And Anonymous aren't a group to be afraid of, it's the people from /b/ that don't want to join Anonymous to show off their e-peens that are the problem.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
usucdik said:
So do you mean to imply that the holiday based on the guy is because the people are pro-theocracy?
It wouldn't be the first time society completely missed the point of something.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
These guys are starting to get terrifying. I mean, first they were a joke, then I was weary of them, and then there is this. I mean, this...whatever it is, is absolutely insane.

The Seldom Seen Kid

Apr 28, 2010
6unn3r said:
Anon:
The people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. You do not fuck with us.
Sure that sounds all high and mighty, but seriously?
They're basically telling us that they have jobs.
Fascinating.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
I honestly think that $Chan just needs to die. This kind of thing DOES NOT HELP ANYONE. It just makes gamers and web surfers look like terrorists.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
(sigh)

Any anon members reading this: You do know what the consequences are going to be, right? 4chan is going to be classified as a terrorist website if you keep this up.

Also: Guy Fawkes masks are NOT cool. If you really want to be anonymous, don't even appear.