Anonymous Attacks US Government

Miss_Suzumiya

Mar 31, 2010
All I have to say is... Anonymous might not stand up for right causes ALL THE TIME but no matter what, they will get shit done...

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Sure is butthurt in here.

Good work, fellas. At least when you promise to rip shit up you follow through.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Ldude893 said:
It's official.

Anonymous has declared war on America.
To be honest, most politicians in the States deserve it. So does Canada's government right now.

Anonymous, you are alright. This time, at least.

Rune342

Aug 26, 2008
It seems like Anon just keeps getting bolder and bolder. After this I wonder what they're going to do next.

StrangerQ

Oct 14, 2009
Anonymous are bunch of professional trolls...

tho like i have said before
you have to give them some credit for doing things when they bother to target their hated one

Arec Balrin

Feb 26, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Arec Balrin said:
Copyright infringement in most countries is a civil offence, not a criminal one but the intention of the advert is to make an equivalence that just isn't accurate.
Yeah, propaganda is a funny thing like that. Say something enough times, and people start to buy into it.

Verlander; there is no place in the US constitution that guarantees or implies the right of copyrights.
I'ma just pull this off Wikipedia. Pardon my laziness.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution, known as the Copyright Clause, the Copyright and Patent Clause (or Patent and Copyright Clause), the Intellectual Property Clause and the Progress Clause, empowers the United States Congress:
"To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries."
I'm going to say that granting Congress the power to grant the right is both explicit and implied.
I'll bite on that, but you can see within the clause the argument made for copyright; one that is very different from today which regards commercial interest as a sole and primary concern. The limitations of copyrights used to be stressed overtly in nearly all public debate on it in a way that is just unthinkable now.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I wonder if they realize the irony of their Guy Fawkes mascot. Maybe they don't realize that it represents the opposite of what they are trying to accomplish

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
Snor said:
you can, its like gardening. weeds don't have a leader or an organisation but if you destroy them and throw them out of your garden they don't come back or in the worst case the problem is reduced.

welcome to the escapist btw
Why thank you.
The thing about weeds.. they grow back, and unlike weeds, you can't really morally defend poisoning a bunch of attention seeking punks. Though it would be the easiest way to go in some cases.

SomethingAmazing said:
You could just arrest all the people who visit the website.
No. No you couldn't.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Wow...before this, these guys were just annoyances to private individuals and crporations. They've just put a bullseye on themselves.

Cyberterrorism is what this is called.

No matter how good these folks might be, they just took on a Nation State... THE Nation State.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
SomethingAmazing said:
endnuen said:
SomethingAmazing said:
No. No you couldn't.
This is the U.S. government we are talking about. They can damn well do so. They can trace the IPs going in and out and trace them back to their homes.
Going to a website is not illegal first and foremost.
Second; Who says the culprits is even under American jurisdiction?

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
SomethingAmazing said:
endnuen said:
SomethingAmazing said:
No. No you couldn't.
This is the U.S. government we are talking about. They can damn well do so. They can trace the IPs going in and out and trace them back to their homes.
To China?

How come almost everybody assume that the U.S. government is from the future?

And then we have this.
SomethingAmazing said:
And even if they aren't inside the Americas, they can always just dispose of them quietly without any publicity.
America. Fuck. Yeah!!

meepop

Aug 18, 2009
Jesus Phish said:
Xzi said:
Well I don't particularly support what they're fighting for, but to their credit, at least Anonymous gets shit done. How many other protest groups can say the same?
Do they though? What has changed as a direct result of the site being down for 30 minutes?
One attack was 30 minutes--The next could be 31 minutes, then 35, then an hour, then three hours, then a day and so on. Anon's still wet behind the ears but if it could do it for 30 minutes then God knows how long they'll be able to bring it down in about a year!

hem dazon 90

Aug 12, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ePAKfNFykk

Abandon your homes
Abandon your message boards
Abandon all hope!