Anonymous Launches Its Very Own Social Network

Nov 5, 2007
Lim3 said:
Here here for free speech!

It's wrong that they're not allowed certain rights on the internet due to black listing. That said i hope they have uber tight security on their new site.
Google+ is not a basic human right, it's a private service. They can blacklist who the fuck they want if they fear it might affect the security of the majority of users.

AmaterasuGrim

Jul 16, 2011
So lots of mask covered pics or ninja photos... this is just a bad idea you basically signing up to the governments top watch list site's.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Ghengis John said:
How do you make a social network where everyone is anonymous?

-Anonymous has added you as a freind.

-Searching for anonymous? 200,000 results.
"Who is Number One?"

concrete89

Oct 21, 2008
People seem to forget that anonymous is a group that prides itself on not taking anything seriously. I think that this is just some guy who wants a bunch of newfags and the like to give him their emails and passwords, and then proceed to bombard them with guro, CP and other shit that will make them feel uncomfortable, before proceeding to reveal all their petty secrets, resulting in massive butthurt all around.

Of course, there is the possibility that Anonymous is changing...
Or maybe this is McClain's plan to wipe them out?
Or just some douche trying to make money of mildly retarded nerds?
We may never know...

M-JN

Jan 26, 2009
God damn it Anon, I'm trying so hard to still like you.

My hope is that there's a substantial portion of the original Anonymous shaking their heads and feeling scandalized at the silly attentionmongering of the fringe loonies and just not bothering to comment.

It is a feeble hope.

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
I think the internet might have imploded a bit.

I mean...a social network for people who wish to be anonymous. How does that work?

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Scars Unseen said:
"Who is Number One?"
"You are Number Six."

-------------

OT: My thoughts have already been said by everyone else here. How do you network when you have no identity? And no one else does, either?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Isn't this sort of like the Cthulu For Peace brigade?
LOL.. sorry, you REALLY made me think about this

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8848/?snr=1_4_4__13

On topic: I am really surprised how many people are chiming in to claim they dont get how you can make a social network and be anon. I mean considering Anon was birthed by an anon form of social networking, transitioning back into that I doubt is going to be real hard.

Also, Ok, I know this is really out there. But trust me, theres a method to my madness. But what if.. and again, this is a major hythothetical because this has never happened before, but what if, when your registering for an account for a website, maybe when it asks you for information, you could... I dont know... maybe... Just put random shit in there instead of real information? /sarcasm off

People really do astound me some times.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Well i suppose they might not sell your info to every marketing and ad targeting firm unlike facebook and other biggies. Or they might who knows if it somehow grows big then they need cash to keep the bandwidth going.

Since i have np fb, twitter, mycarp or any other page anywhere i would be tempted just to see wth but no way i would use anythig than a toss away mail account and a crap pw.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Lim3 said:
Here here for free speech!

It's wrong that they're not allowed certain rights on the internet due to black listing. That said i hope they have uber tight security on their new site.
Yeah, when you wreck things, you can expect that kind of treatment. Much like people who are sexual predators, can't live in certain neighborhoods.

They did it to themselves, and they act shocked? The logic, it is not strong in them.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Anon-Plus is still very much a work in progress, currently offering nothing more than a link to a developers forum and a message promising big things for the future. "Welcome to the Revolution - a new social network where there is no fear... of censorship... of blackout... nor of holding back," it says. "There will be no more oppression. There will be no more tyranny. We are the people and we are Anonymous. We have arrived."
Tyranny?
Oppression?
I'm failing to see it here.

Honestly, isn't this just starting to sound like an excuse?
It's everything you guys do and you're not actually fighting for us now, you're fighting for yourselves.
A few anons were denied services and suddenly you turn it around like a great wound has been done to the entire population.
This isn't wiki leaks where people are hiding information, this is you guys finally reaping the consequences of your actions and not just shrugging it off.

The anon movement is getting a little bit shallow and petty now.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
It strikes me as a very "V For Vendetta" meets the Internet sort of ordeal.
The masks are exact copies of the one used in V For Vendetta and is exaclty how they want to be seen. However most of them seem to miss some the key themes presented in V; especialy those with a stronger prescence in the original grahpic novel.

Also they really need to make their mind up about what values anon has; as based on what some so called members say this social network idea goes against so their own values and beleifs. Then again it was anon who were in favour of wikileaks and exposure of secret information. Yest still wanting to maintain their secrets.

dillinger88

Jan 6, 2010
Fucking hell, Anonymous has gotten more retarded. Used to be funny. Now it's a bunch of 13 year old script kiddies thinking they're some revolutionary group about to save the world from supermarket dependency the 'oppression' of Google+. Seriously?

What happened to doing it for the lulz?