Answer the poster's question above you then post one for the next person.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Yep. I went without alcohol for 18 months when I was younger. Started back up again when I vowed I wouldn't be silly with it. Have mostly stuck to that.

What's the farthest place away from home you've been to?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I don't have a home, I move a lot, have lived South, Center and North of México, though the farthest I've been from México is some part of California or Nevada I wouldn't know.

Have you been to many different countries?

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
No, but I hear that in some other countries people don't speak American! Can you imagine it?!? O.O

Have you ever been wary of foreigners you met in your country?

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Does that mean...am I like the people in my nation? No. Not at all.

Should we RIOT!?

Captcha: I THINK SO

N'yeeeeeeees. Irish Captcha concurs.

How's your political climate? Have you even been paying attention?

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
I think no one actually cares about politics currently, I haven't heard anything massive about people having issues with certain things for a while now. I also don't pay a lot of attention to it. My mother jokinly said once that politics makes you dumb and I'm sort of sticking to that "kinda" advice.

How is it going with where you live? Has winter showed any signs yet in your local area?

Basement Cat

Jul 26, 2012
The highs are in the upper 80's to low 90's and the lows are in the lower 70's. Mosquitos are swarming.

Have you ever worn pajama pants or sweats or jeans, etc, despite the heat to keep from getting bug bitten when you wanted to stay outside?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I'm pretty sure wearing something on your bottom half is a legal requirement so yes :p

What was your favourite book as a child?

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
Umm no, not at the moment.......well I am going to be reading Brennu-Njáls Saga for my Icelandic classes. For anyone wondering, it's nothing special really. It's more like a historical document about what some of the Icelander were doing around 1050. They sometimes follow a journey about a certain individual and document what he does and what happens in his family after his passing. So yeah, nothing special.

So what have you been playing recently?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones and a bit of Papers, Please; which I need to pick back and complete as I'm only a few days from the end I think.

Do you crack your knuckles?

Basement Cat

Jul 26, 2012

Come to think of it...I haven't cracked my knuckles in years...!?!?!

Excuse me...

*cracks knuckles*

Well, that was anticlimactic...Um, moving on... <_<

Yesterday, I bought a hummingbird feeder, a bottle of "Nectar", and a chain. I then fiddled with the chain and feeder until they were properly fixed and filled the feeder near to the top with Nectar and hung it on my covered back porch.

This morning I came home for lunch (at 10:30 AM) to find a Ruby Throated Hummer (who are quite aggressive and territorial, I've since learned) continually driving off another (non-Ruby) hummingbird. Then I came home later in the afternoon and watched the Ruby make a thing of trying to drive not just One different type of hummingbird away from the feeder but TWO hummingbirds of the same kind.

Do you have hummingbirds where you live AND if you do have you ever actually WATCHED them?

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
No, we don't have any hummingbirds here that I know of, but we have the next best thing: Hoverflies! ....

...Speaking of anti-climactic.

Do you talk fast?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I can talk very fast when I'm really exited, but for the most part I talk in a slow-ish monotone manner.

What do you think of your voice?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Hell yeah, I bet it would be great work.

Are you happy with your handwriting and do you use it much?

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Yes, I use it all the time! For sending and communications and shiz

Where have I been all this time?

Basement Cat

Jul 26, 2012
As a matter of fact that's one of my current projects. Throughout my life I've always asserted that I was a lousy artist but a couple of months ago I realized that I'd never much tried to draw. Since then I've started doodling and have studied a book on drawing. I'd like to become proficient at it. :)

Do you have any similar ongoing projects for developing skills just for the sake of developing them? Self-improvement projects count!

P.S.
Teoes said:
Hummingbirds.
Here's a link to Google Images of the Ruby Throated Hummingbirds that are continually hovering around my back porch from dawn to dusk. There are two who continually fight for ownership of the Nectar Feeder I hung up. I haven't yet identified the third (and different) hummingbird who the other two keep chasing off. It's slightly larger than they are. Maybe it's a Ruby of the opposite sex...? I dunno. They move so fast and it's around so rarely that I haven't managed to get a good look at it.

Ruby Throated Hummingbirds are very territorial. I've thought about eventually buying another 2 feeders next spring in the hopes of keeping peace in the "family" though I fear that may simply result in an escalation of the problem with the Ruby's trying to assert ownership of all the feeders rather than being willing to share. :(

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=643&q=ruby+throated+hummingbird+pictures&oq=ruby+throated&gs_l=img.1.1.0l10.933.7256.0.9164.19.12.4.3.3.0.130.1089.10j2.12.0....0...1ac.1.26.img..1.18.1111.Crb8RhOGs-M

Note especially the pictures that show their green back feathers. They're almost iridescent in the sunlight. O_O