Anybody find sex overrated?

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
I need to bate it for sanity every other day like every other normal human I expect, but losing my virginity was terribly unimpressive. I have had more heated bate sessions and dry humping than that booty call. I suppose its all a matter of circumstance

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Anyone wanna know what the local crazy religious guy thi- uh, actually no, you probably don't.

MirenBainesUSMC

Aug 10, 2014
lol negative.

Enjoy it and posses a healthy appetite for it. I think one of the problems is that sex in our society is always shoved in everyone's face 24/7 on high octane. If someone is a partner jumper or has the ability to hook up with multiple partners, they may end up with the same idea of not wanting it anymore because any good thing can burn out, even nature's calling.

With the right person and the right chemistry with meaning behind it, sex is adventurous and beautiful. If you treat it like going to a grocery store to find the brand of cereal that peeks your interest, then not so much. Normal people aren't hardwired like that, aside from stereotypes and sexual misinformation, the dealing with peoples emotions and the treatment of intimacy as a " thing " only leads to less than likable thoughts and feelings on the matter. It supposed to be a special connection between two people --- but unfortunately in some cases, its the new kiss goodnight with its obvious results.

I definitely wouldn't pass it on for work! my god --- that's the last thing I'd start sacrificing other activities for, work can get the finger. The pursuit of books, TV shows, online/off line gaming, and all other hobbies don't need to be cast to the wayside, just attending a seat for the ride.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Personally, kind of.

I have a low sex drive.

On a societal level - who cares? People will always have sex and constantly alienate and confuse those who don't. Though I do think that western culture's constant fascination with sex could potentially be annoying to people who don't give a shit about it.

NinjazInside

Apr 12, 2011
Personally I am afraid to get that intimate with someone due to unpleasant experiences in my past. But I do possess the drive to reproduce but that's the thing my drive is to produce off-spring with a woman in a committed relationship and at this point she'd have to work pretty hard to help me open up and become comfortable, or could just ply me with alcohol that stuff seems to work at getting rid of my.worries momentarily.

But yeah society kinda rams it down your throat that if you have a low or unsatisfactory level of sex drive you are essentially scum. Or just not wanting to, hell I'm apparently weird and fucked up for not having a "celebrity crush" I dunno its probably me, the feeling to masturbate or fuck leaves me quite quickly if I find something else fun to do, gaming, reading, movies etc.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Sex with condoms is over-rated for sure. Anyone who pretends to genuinely enjoy sex with a latex dick glove stopping all of the sensation is just a liar.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Someone Depressing said:
... Though I do think that western culture's constant fascination with sex could potentially be annoying to people who don't give a shit about it.
I would put that down to the advertisement industry using sex to appeal to the lowest common denominators for profit. The fickle masses lap it up without a second's thought. Same as the mainstream music industry; they sell sex to the teenagers in the guise of modern music. It is where the moolah is, after all. Hormonal teenagers are cash cows for the "hotties." It annoys me, but what can you do when the market is always going to be there?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Yeah, it's honestly not that great to have sex. It's fun, but there are lots of things better.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
JUMBO PALACE said:
Sex with condoms is over-rated for sure. Anyone who pretends to genuinely enjoy sex with a latex dick glove stopping all of the sensation is just a liar.
I genuinely enjoy sex with condoms.

lastcigarette said:
I t depends on who it is with. If it's sex with me it's probably awesome.
I'm inclined to agree, but only on the provision that you are really David Bowie.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
People have variable sex drives, and it probably has to do with your biochemistry, age in life, degree of experience and interest (I can safely say my interest has never subsided, even if age has tempered me a bit), and numerous other life factors.

I'll point out one thing, anecdotally: I had a number of partners from around age 17-23 but I did actually not have a transcendental sort of "aha I get what this is all about" experience until 1993; and the gal in question is someone I'll never forget as a result (ironically she told me I wouldn't forget her, either...and she was right, she wasn't just conceited). It took me until 2006 with my third and final wife (yep) to run into another woman who was both generally wonderful and interesting and also sexually as amazing as that age 23 event (which took place in 1993)....so in some ways, having that "moment" when sex suddenly seems more significant than you ever imagined can be almost as bad (almost) as never hitting that moment and wondering what all the fuss is about. The latter is probably more tolerable, at least.....if you don't know what you're missing then you have nothing to fret about. But of course this all relates to the old adage of "better to have loved and lost then never have loved at all."

Either way, it's important to still remember that sex in society today is a selling mechanism and a tool to make us behave the way marketers want. It's still principally something we are engineered to do for procreation and bonding, a process defined by the need to propogate our genes....and only in the last 150 or so years have we been able to treat it purely as a recreational event.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Actually, I tend to think sex is pretty damn important for most long-term romantic relationships. Your experience may vary, of course, but this isn't the Emperor's New Clothes, here. No one is making this out to be more than it is; it is that important to most people.

And when it's good, it's awesome.

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
Nope, not overrated at all. Of course, if you're in a relationship that's gone on for a long, long time, it kind of loses it's appeal. But nothing a bit of mixing it up won't fix. Pretty sure that's already been said somewhere above.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
elvor0 said:
Can you really describe yourself as asexual if you have any interest in sex (or making love), sorry but it's something that really bugs me. If you are asexual, you have NO interest in sex whatsoever. No ifs, buts, passing interests, right conditions or coconuts. Any conditionals attached to the very black and white statement of "I'm asexual" completely invalidate the statement.
Asexuality means "No sexual attraction" It's not necessarily a lack of interest, though it can manifest as such due to no sexual attraction. That doesn't mean that asexuals can't/won't have sex as there are many other reasons to do so despite a lack of sexual attraction.

If an asexual is in a mixed orientation relationship (such as myself), they may wish to have sex because it's important to their partner or they want to have children. There's also a matter of just sheer curiosity and society saying you need to have sex to be happy, ext ext.

If you have a difficult time understanding how asexuals can possibly have sex with an orientation that means "no sexual attraction to anyone" remember that it's not impossible for a person to physically have sex outside of their orientation. Lesbians can physically have sex with men for example, it's just the thought of doing so doesn't typically occur because lesbians have no sexual attraction to men.

Edit: As far as "making love" is concerned, that depends on how you define "making love". Making love expresses shared intimacy, which is often, but not always connected to intercourse. Sex without love can exist and so can love without sex. Even if making love does involve intercourse[footnote]There is more to sex than just intercourse[/footnote], the emphasis is still on the shared intimacy and not so much the act of intercourse. Asexuals do often desire companionship and being close to those they love just like anyone else.

Edit 2: I say that I can't have sex without love because I do have absolutely no interest in sex, I can literally go my whole life without having sex and it wouldn't bother me at all, but if I'm in love, I want my partner to be happy and if having sex with them will make them happy, well I guess I'm having sex. I realize that it's a connection many people want to share, which loops back to why "making love" is acceptable when just "intercourse" may not be. Love is the driving force, not the sex.

BadNewDingus

Sep 3, 2014
I would say that, but only because of the people involved. If I was doing it with models, I'm sure sex wouldn't be soo over-rated.