Anyone else hate British cuteness?

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Cute? How can the word muggle be deemed cute? It sounds like something that would come out of a swamp and have the black lung.

What I can't stand is the Japanese attempting to make everything Kawaii-desune =^.^=. After the 500-balilionth time viewing them it seems that enormous eyes and random babbling ceases to give the impression of cuteness and more the impression of heavy drug-use or, to a further extent, being possessed by the goddamn devil.

buhee

Jul 6, 2010
muggle
mugger
migger

Lets call black people kel'gro. After all, it makes much more sense and is far less cutesy.

Oh no wait.

(ps. i don't go around calling black people '******'. i call them fuzzlepops.)

Jedisolo75

Aug 12, 2009
scumofsociety said:
Jedisolo75 said:
Really, You are going to put Black Adder up there like it's funny, like it's in the same category as Monty Python and Red Dwarf? Worst, comedy ever. It makes me want to shove pins in my ears and eyes so that I don't have to see/hear it anymore.

I love Red Dwarf though, and Faulty Towers, and I am a huge Monty Python fan, but I may never forgive the British for Black Adder.
God yes, it's widely regarded as one of the best ever. The first series sucked but the rest were solid gold. I would put it above Red Dwarf in a heartbeat.

OT: Must be trollin' no one could be that stupid.
I couldn't work my way past the first series, I may have to give it another chance, starting at series 2.

NicholasSchaffer

Mar 17, 2011
I think he played to much final fantasy, decided Moogles sounded like Muggles, and therefore used that as THE ENTIRE BASIS for his evaluation of British culture.

Good work OP.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
You want sickening bubblegummy cuteness, you go to Japan. You want snarky wit and toilet humor, you go to Britain. So your examples are really more the more outstanding exceptions than the rule.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Aphex Demon said:
Agreed, as another Englishman I don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.
As an American I have no idea what the hell he is talking about. He is drawing parallels between two completely different things that shouldn't be paralleled. I mean why give a mystical sounding name to something that isn't mystical?

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
As a Canadian who doesn't care what the response is:

British
Cuteness

Pick one.

I mean, muggles isn't cute. It's just JK Rowling trying to make a gibberish word into a fantasy race slur.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
I have to say I have not seen anything super cute come out of Britian (well, as far as naming and TV shows is concerned).

When I hear "cute," I usually think of Japan, definitely not Britian.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
At least Muggles sounds like a word. =p Kal'sur or Dor'salim looks like something that would happen after someone's cat jumped on your keyboard. And random apostrophes in names stopped being cool along with ultimate Gary-Stu Drizzt Do'urden. =p

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
Maybe the OP has, by some miracle of misinformation, mistaken Britain for Japan. Japan has the fixation for all things cute and youthful, hence the proliferation of "moe" into anime, not to mention the aesthetic of 90 fucking percent of that goddamn medium. It couldn't have been Britain. For cuteness to have any bearing on pop culture, it has to be that of a people who aren't awesome enough to not be susceptible to that kind of heart string pulling. I don't think the Empire would have grown to be what it was if that type of thing was even possible for them.

Hyperrhombus

Mar 31, 2011
Did you just put the words "British" and "cuteness" in the same sentence?
As a British guy, I cannot see what you see in us...

blaize2010

Sep 17, 2010
Sizzle Montyjing said:
What the fuck are you talking about?
Maybe you've confused us with the fucking care bears or something?
Seriously, no one here as a clue what you are talking about.
Hell, i'm now tempted to set up a thread intilted- 'Anyone else hate American ignorance?' based off one person.
... fuck it, moving to canada.