Anyone Gone Retro Gaming Recently?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Yo! I just started the very first Tomb Raider today to find that the game still plays and even looks good (as in it's pretty crystal clear and detailed as far as PSX games go). I'm surprised to find this game has held my attention even more than games such as the new Prince of Persia and Shaun White's Snowboarding.

So, has anyone else here gone back to playing any retro titles, say 10 years or older, recently? Are you enjoying it? Does it still hold up or was it shocking you enjoyed the game the first time round? It doesn't have to be a game you've played before; maybe you've bought an old game from GOG, Steam, PSN, etc.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
I played Final Fantasy 7 a few weeks ago to wait for XIII, it was still pretty fun, i was dissapointed that i couldnt find my other copies of 8 or 9... :(

It was still fun... and i still crank out the original Spyro and Original 3 Crash Bandicoots occasionally.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I went back and bought a bunch of PS1 games.

Too bad I can't find a goddamn PS1 memory card anywhere.

ajluczak

Jul 14, 2009
I broke out my Super Nintendo about a week ago, and I've been playing Link to the Past and Donkey Kong Country for the past few days.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Nothing good is coming out for at least the next month or more, so I've been playing Diablo 2 for the past week and busted out my SNES and GBA emulators yesterday. Maybe I'll finally play through an entire Pokemon game before giving up...

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
As a matter of fact, yes! I recently whipped out my Gameboy Pocket again to play Pokemon Gold on the bus. Get some weird looks, but I could care less. I do wish I had people to trade with, because Feris seems to be perpetually stuck as a Graveller when he really wishes he was a Golem.

I also have to get the N64 out of the basement this weekend. I need Perfect Dark... And Drunken Mario Kart sounds fun, too.

sgtjawa

Apr 14, 2009
I just found my old gameboy color and Pokemon Gold in my closet.

I think I'll be busy all night.

Dec 16, 2009
Marine Mike said:
From time to time I feel the overwhelming urge to play the best game ever.
Ah spy vs Spy. awesome with a friend. Still surprised it aint turned up on PSN or XBL

Last week I dug out Abe's Oddysee, and I'm loveing every minute, its style is amazing.
I'm determined to rescue all 99 Modokons this time. The PS1 is/was a great piece of kit.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
I've always been Retro (if that means old school games or something). I still play Doom 1 and find its better then CoD4. And yeah, I get most of my old school games from GoG ;D Or I've had them all this time and I use a program like Dos Box to get them to run.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Last week I dug out Abe's Oddysee, and I'm loveing every minute, its style is amazing.
Hehe Abe's Oddysee. I just found the image on my hard drive a couple of days ago, started playing it as well.

Dec 16, 2009
ethaninja said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Hehe Abe's Oddysee. I just found the image on my hard drive a couple of days ago, started playing it as well.
You ever saved all 99 in previous plays?

Comrade Azza

Apr 3, 2010
Mr Ink 5000 said:
ethaninja said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
I did. :) Also completed Abe's Exxodus as well, all 300 of the bastards.

Recently dug out Red Alert 2 after failing to find a Red Alert 3 match. Really getting suck into the single-player, as well as some 3rd Party multiplayer, as well. Makes me remember why this is one of my favourite games. X3

Dec 16, 2009
Comrade Azza said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
ethaninja said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
I did. :) Also completed Abe's Exxodus as well, all 300 of the bastards.
After I get the 99, the 300 is next on my to-do-list. May take a while tho, I don't have much time for gaming now-a-days