Apocalypse Lane: Episode 48: Fin

Declan Driver

Mar 1, 2010
Been watching this series since episode 5 and i have loved every episode. Little sad to see this go but it will be fun watching your other projects so good luck and i hope you manage to trump this somehow.

Dogmeat T Dingo

Sep 4, 2008
I have to say without a shadow of doubt that this is probably one of the best web cartoons out there, certainly the best on the Escapist. I remember when the pilot came out and all the shaky stuff, but you really pulled off a masterpiece here. Good job, and good luck with your future works.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Damn right beautiful ! The Fossil was the remains of steve and cuddles , such a great ending.

Eviljesse

May 14, 2010
I have watched it from the very begining and I'm sad to see it go, but nothing last forever. Great job.

Colonel-Cuban

May 27, 2009
You know i remember about a little under a year ago, when this show started. I have loved it since and I am sad to see it end. Thank you for this, and i applaud you for an excellent and hilarious addition to the escapist. I will miss it dearly.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Wow... What a ride this has been. I want to thank each and every one of you guys and gals who stayed with this to the end. After a choppy start I think we managed to turn the show around and produce something unique in the world of web animation. I can't fully express in words how much fun I had making this series, and how sad I am to see it go. Goodbye Apocalypse Lane. You will be missed.

But on to some good news... I have been given approval to join Doraleous and Associates as a full time writer/animator/wizard and that show has now been contracted for a total of 72 episodes! With me helping out Brent Triplett on the animation, we plan on pushing the limits on what we can pull off in a week and well as making the show faster, stronger and possibly the best web series on the Escapist or any other site for that matter.

I know a lot of you want to know about a DVD and at this time I don't have an answer for you. DVD's are really expensive to package and distribute but I would love to see one and hopefully we can get that out one day. keep an eye on the Escapist for any announcements.

Again, thank all of you for watching this show. I'm going to be perusing this forum for a day or two and i'll try to answer as many questions as I can so ask away. Also watch our QandA if you did not see it yesterday. It's a fine example of our ADD :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/apocalypse-lane/1706-Creator-Q-A
I'm so glad you get to work on Doraleous and Associates, keep up the amazingly good work!

- Founder of the Doraleous and Associates Fan Club [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Doraleous-Associates-Fans]

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
I never watched this series but i saw this episode...and I gotta say...I missed nothing.
That's like watching only the last 5 minutes of The Sopranos and saying that you missed nothing. You're not the sharpest knife in the drawers, are you?

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Huh, I figured it made a horrible kind of sense that Gulliver had kids... imagine more than one little psycho Gulliver roaming around.

I thought that I hated sad endings, but it turns out I only hate pointless sad endings. This made a bittersweet kind of sense, and it's ironic that the characters I liked the very least (Steve and, by extension, Marty) became my favourites by the end. I didn't expect that ending, not even a little bit, but I love it. So it's a human skull with three-legged cat bones. Genius.

Now, I remember that ending song from one other episode, which was it? It's bugging me trying to remember.

Edit: I JUST GOT WHO FRANKS FATHER IS. OH WOW GUYS.

Bradders616

Mar 31, 2009
Anyone who plays guitar may be interested in these notes i just worked out. screw you if you spy a mistake :p

..G................................D
Sun Came up and the Bombs Came down,
..G................................C
Nuclear Fallout in a Southern town,
G...............................D............................C...G
Apocalypse Lane you still look alright to me...

..G........................D
awh We Aint got tree's
..G............................C
lets take a walk in the Toxic Breeze
G..............................D.............................C....G
Apocalypse Lane you still smell alright to me...

C.......................................G
The Mutant life is treating me Good
...........D
awh Apocalypse Lane
.............C
Your Still the same
....G

Morayman

Oct 3, 2007
i am genuinely sad about this shows departure. but good news about doraleous and assosciates!

RIP Apocalypse lane :(

Crabby_the_Frog

Nov 18, 2009
theguitarhero6 said:
Which episode does Cuddles give Steve that fossil?

They talk about it at 3 minutes into episode 32.

Also, after watching the series through again last night (start to finish :p ) I do believe that the fossil is Steve's skull with Cuddle's body.

Sifter49

May 12, 2010
I have to say; the series was amazing while it lasted. It was great to see an epic, funny, and sad ending all at once. Far as animation is concerned, Jon, you are truly the van Gogh of our time.