Apocalypse Lane: Episode 48: Fin

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Wow... What a ride this has been. I want to thank each and every one of you guys and gals who stayed with this to the end. After a choppy start I think we managed to turn the show around and produce something unique in the world of web animation. I can't fully express in words how much fun I had making this series, and how sad I am to see it go. Goodbye Apocalypse Lane. You will be missed.

But on to some good news... I have been given approval to join Doraleous and Associates as a full time writer/animator/wizard and that show has now been contracted for a total of 72 episodes! With me helping out Brent Triplett on the animation, we plan on pushing the limits on what we can pull off in a week and well as making the show faster, stronger and possibly the best web series on the Escapist or any other site for that matter.

I know a lot of you want to know about a DVD and at this time I don't have an answer for you. DVD's are really expensive to package and distribute but I would love to see one and hopefully we can get that out one day. keep an eye on the Escapist for any announcements.

Again, thank all of you for watching this show. I'm going to be perusing this forum for a day or two and i'll try to answer as many questions as I can so ask away. Also watch our QandA if you did not see it yesterday. It's a fine example of our ADD :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/apocalypse-lane/1706-Creator-Q-A
First off- thanks for all the laughter, insanity, game references, laughs, Stinky, Cuddles, and the whole cast of Apocalypse Lane.

This has been one of the finest shows I've ever seen :D

Also- WOO!!!
72 episodes of Doraleous and Associates with JON ETHERIDGE involved :D

Guys, again, what a show. Please don't let sanity get to you any time soon, either of you!! :D

This show makes this site.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Jon, I'm torn between wanting to kill you for ending an awesome show, or to give you an interent high five for the awesome ride it's been.

So here's my decision:

Also, who knew that
the bones Cuddles found in the yard are apparently his own?

shadowyoasis

Feb 8, 2008
I have to say that I enjoyed the series from the beginning through all its odds and ends. I was glad to see you made an effort to go back and tie in all the early episodes.

Great last episode!

Also on the Q and A, I always assumed that worm got his nutrients from the ground. Like some real worms.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
I almost expected them to survive the bomb.

It's creepy, though. Whenever I saw that skeleton, I thought of Steve. And now I know why.

Megido

Aug 24, 2008
This has been a beautiful thing. Thank you for this series. I applaud you, folks!

And I'm stoked to hear that you're joining the Doraleous and Associates crew. Here's hoping you all can all work together to make another series that I adore even better than it already is.

jmd102993

Mar 6, 2009
wow fantastic ending....would have liked to learned why stinky is black after the apocalypse, but w/e im more than satisfied

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
Wow... What a ride this has been. I want to thank each and every one of you guys and gals who stayed with this to the end. After a choppy start I think we managed to turn the show around and produce something unique in the world of web animation. I can't fully express in words how much fun I had making this series, and how sad I am to see it go. Goodbye Apocalypse Lane. You will be missed.

But on to some good news... I have been given approval to join Doraleous and Associates as a full time writer/animator/wizard and that show has now been contracted for a total of 72 episodes! With me helping out Brent Triplett on the animation, we plan on pushing the limits on what we can pull off in a week and well as making the show faster, stronger and possibly the best web series on the Escapist or any other site for that matter.

I know a lot of you want to know about a DVD and at this time I don't have an answer for you. DVD's are really expensive to package and distribute but I would love to see one and hopefully we can get that out one day. keep an eye on the Escapist for any announcements.

Again, thank all of you for watching this show. I'm going to be perusing this forum for a day or two and i'll try to answer as many questions as I can so ask away. Also watch our QandA if you did not see it yesterday. It's a fine example of our ADD :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/apocalypse-lane/1706-Creator-Q-A
Who thought such a strange and obscene first few episodes, turned into a series I FUCKING HATE to see go. Wonderful work Jon and Co. Really great I loved it through and through. I'm also really liking D&A but nothing's gonna fill up that spot that died with Cuddles and Steve. Great job man great job.

londelen

Apr 15, 2009
I loved this show. But I suppose it was time. Sad ending though, I baaaaaw'd. But with you joining Doraleous, I'm sure many great times are to come.

Though I was kind of hoping for a crossover event where they go back in time and meetDoraleous

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
Strange... Somehow I expected Big Worm to turn out to be Steve, after going back in time, and mutated further by the bombs.

But a great end to a great series!

Uncle Muffles

Mar 25, 2010
I mean... it's just... I, like... that was...
._.

My brain fails to find words for the awesomeness which you have brought forth.
In all honesty, you could've dragged it out for just a couple more episodes. =P

But nonetheless I laughed and cried the whole way through since show number one. *bows*
At least I've still got Doraleous & Associates!
While it may still be a tragedy to see The Lane go, I'd just like to wish you and everyone ya work with the absolute best of luck. Cuddles and Steve shall be remembered.

Ardna Xela

May 28, 2009
I can't believe it's really over now. This was the most entertaing web series I've ever seen. Thank you for literally making me rolling on the floor laughing every week.

*sheds a few tears*