Apocalypse Lane: Episode Five: Mississippi Maggot Stew

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
I was trying to figure out last week which character in this show I liked the most. Father Hickey is now, and forever, my favorite character.

This episode was epic win. More please!!

P.S. Nice fight club reference.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Rafe said:
hehehee! Liked that one alot, glad I stuck with it and I hear it's getting even better!

Also I love how you guys have handled all the negative feedback so far, very professional.
Thanks man, we appreciate that. It would have been too easy to just bash the critics, however we did take some as "you know, he's right, we can improve on that." But ultimately we have decided to respond by making the best damn web show ever with only two people at the wheel. :)

Also, in a way we expected some negative feedback because of the structure of the show. I can't reveal any thing obviously but trust me when i say each episode has a purpose in the overall plot of the show. Keep watchin, and check out some of my other stuff as well. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonnyethco

-Jon Etheridge
-Creator of Apocalypse Lane

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Normeo said:
Still hasn't topped poker night. That ep still makes me laugh at random point throughout the day.
It is a good one. It's hard to top a gay zombie tellin' his poker buddies about a night with his boyfriend. We're gonna try though. :)

-Jon

Jang

Mar 21, 2009
I'd say improving? It's really not that good yey. I only chuckled a little at the endning.

I really don't get this? I never really see a video on the escapist with a majority of negativ comments, even though there has been so many crappy videos? I guess I am just the minority here...

Alzabane

May 30, 2009
wow didn't know the priest was scitzophrenic, he must have some stairs to get hurt that much, laughed all the way through, great episode keep it up, oh and please bring back those 2 chefs, they were REALLY funny.

confernal

Feb 5, 2009
headshotcatcher said:
Poor Father Hickey :p

Especially liked the 'Good thing you don't have a roof or I might not have been able to get in' part :p

Did anyone else notice the Mississipi Maggot Stew didn't have any Maggots?

Thats what the bat liver is for.....

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
The last few seconds were a bit predictable, but apart from that it was good, and Father Hickey was very funny.

Keep it up though, as this is better than last week's.

EDIT: Seems I'm not the only one thinking that either, there is definately a lot less negative feedback with this one.

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
Abedeus said:
obisean said:
Good episode. I don't try to see upcoming jokes so that when they do come they are actually funny, unlike some people here who seem to get off on ruining shit for themselves. I like the show and hope you keep up the good work.
Uhm. What? You are blaming us for predictable "plot" and seeing the jokes that are inevitable to just pop out?
My point is that I don't try to guess what will happen next and instead just let them tell the story. Sure I could sit there and go "oh, I know what he is going to do with that pot of chicken shit" but then when he actually does it, it isn't funny. What is the point in that? Why am I even watching something that is meant to be funny if all I'm going to do is ruin jokes for myself? You can ***** that the guy with the puppet is predictable, but they do a better job with it than South Park did.

What's the difference between the tumor on Steve's shoulder and the sock puppet? The way they act. You don't seem to mention Steve and his tumor though. And I can't remember the last time Mr. Hat was accused of spousal abuse. Sure Mr. Hat did get in a fight with Mr. Mackey, but that was just meant to be stupid. Mr. Hat didn't even fight the man controlling him, so Mr. Mackey was just fighting a disembodied puppet, making it a different joke all together.

To you a predictable joke seems to be "You already made a joke about my mom. Man they are all the same, how predictable."

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Well I gave it a good run, but it's just not my bag. To much gross humor. But alot of other people seem to like it so I hope you keep it up.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
lol i totally saw the ending coming but this is epic!!!! HEY SUGAR TITS! XD father hickey scene was the best. u have made a reason for my fridays possible

snuffler

Jun 4, 2008
I find this show is a good reason to head back here every friday, i get ZP wednesday, Unforgotten Realms thursday, and this friday. It's super nice having almost daily video content from the escapist, and this was definitely a great addition to the bunch.

I'm excited to see how this show will turn out. So far I've been entertained by it that's for sure, and the characters all have their own special "quirks" that set them apart. Well done guys!