Apple Patents New "Anti-Sexting" Technology

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
You guys are acting like parental controls are a new thing. I, for one, think this is a good thing, but I'm a father of 2 girls so I'm biased.

You also know it's optional right? Way to play into the sterotypical apple haters, where irrationality is king.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
HG131 said:
See humanity, do you see what happened with your insane love for Apple? They're trying to block human sexuality now. Nice job breaking it, humanity.
I always wondered what the Combine was based on... now we know.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
The "Spanish word quota" feature sounds pretty draconian and makes me recall how bad High School Spanish teachers were when it came to speaking English. Now your text will be blocked for not succumbing to a Spanish TyrantTeacher's dictatorial will? Now that is a Spanish Inquisition!

Viva la revolution X 1000!!!

I also believe this comic sums up the glaring flaw in Apple's Sexting Security rather nicely:

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Time for the jailbreak devs to crack this one to fucking hell. See innovation isn't bad. It creates jobs... for hackers.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Cryo84R said:
You guys are acting like parental controls are a new thing. I, for one, think this is a good thing, but I'm a father of 2 girls so I'm biased.

You also know it's optional right? Way to play into the sterotypical apple haters, where irrationality is king.
And way to ignore half the posts and just assume it's because people hate the brand you love.
Clearly I was talking to you. I was talking about the seemingly 3 out of ever 4 posts in this topic that include nothing but some sort of anti apple sentiment. They let fanboyism get in the way of even reading the story, forget thinking about it. I'm all for personal choice. I have an HTC evo myself, but fuck people, get your head out of your asses for a minimum of 2 minutes before you post.

EDIT: For example, the post just after this one.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Cryo84R said:

And way to ignore half the posts and just assume it's because people hate the brand you love.
Which it sort of is. You can't post the word "Apple" on a thread without getting swamped by mindless Anti-Apple fanatics bashing Apple for doings things that other companies do a lot more often without getting any hate whatsoever. (case in point: iPad)

L-J-F

Jun 22, 2008
Napierdalac said:
And this is just one more reason, to not buy Apple products..
I'd add that to my list, but seriously, I can't be buggered getting all the way to the end of said list.

zombays

Apr 12, 2010
I finally understand why this is happening, teaching kids requires parenting! Things that mothers and fathers lack these days.

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
That sounds like a really good marketing scheme. It'll never work, granted. I don't care how 'up' on our 'hip urban lingo' apple is. They're not going to figure out every dirty word in our vocabulary. Even if they do, they won't be able to take out bang or screw, because of all of those carpenters who have iPhones. You can't win with privacy, piracy or censorship.

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
Littlee300 said:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18377_5-reasons-you-should-be-scared-apple.html
Which is precisely why I buy all apple products used from friends. I like their stuff, but the guys in charge are total douchebags. In fact, I hardly buy any first party MS stuff...

I hate both of those assholes.

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
Cool, another way for parents to be controlling assholes. When will people learn that we all have extremely curious, dirty minds.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
hmm... now teenagers could be deprived of their common words for lewd texts while simultaneously being required to use spanish words in their texts... I wonder where this will lead...