Are most gamers into metal music?

jelock

Nov 29, 2009
Same, I have pretty eclectic taste in music, though I listen to mostly various different rock styles. I do like a little bit of metal now and then though.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
Similar demographic.
Also both metal and the majority of gaming are about catharsis, so they probably attract similar pschographic profiles.
fin

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
I'm basically into anything so long as its good

I mean, the playlist I'm listening to right now just went from Jackie Wilson to Iggy Pop to Eric B and Rakim to Fleetwood Mac to the Replacements to De La Soul and I'm listening to Van morrison right now.

I know what you mean, though, there do seem to be a ridiculously large amount of gamers into metal.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
I would say so. I am not really sure what relation Metal music has with gaming, but for some reason it seems many gamers like it.

Personally I am more into electronic kinda music that is catchy/makes me want to dance.

Digital_Jedi

Aug 2, 2010
Personally I find that a lot of table-top gamers (ie: DnD, WH40k, and all that jazz) are more into metal than most video gamers, but there's usually an overlap of people who like both activities and their musical tastes cross over, although I'm one of those peole and I mainly listen to electronica, I'll listen to anything really as long as it's not f**king Soulja Boy!

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
http://youtu.be/xi1ArEPKlu0

Sorry if this post seems pointless to you. But to me i feel the need to post this song.

It's Bittersweet by Apocalyptica. Please at least take a look at this song/epicsauce.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Suki the Cat said:
Because what they say about 90% or whatnot of people going over to rap and hip hop simply isn't true, metal is still going strong!
Are you referring to "Stupidly large percentage of age group listen to music I don't like. If you are one of one hundred minus first number who still listen to real music (my favorite kind) then do something that boosts me ego"? Because those are annoying.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I am not a fan of Metal actually. I prefer Classical Rock, like the Beatles, Byrds, Beach Boys, Boston, ELO, Kinks. Groups like those are awesome.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
[HEADING=1]MEEETTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL![/HEADING]

i also have a rather eclectic taste but i generaly prefer metal.

im also playing Brutal Legend right now... (how do i get an umlaut?)

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
vallorn said:
[HEADING=1]MEEETTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL![/HEADING]

i also have a rather eclectic taste but i generaly prefer metal.

im also playing Brutal Legend right now... (how do i get an umlaut?)

OT: I've been to 5 or so festivals/concerts this summer. 1 wasn't strictly metal. I'm feeling your vibe OP, although the prevalence of metalhead gamers probably depends on your definition of gamer.

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
I loved metal growing up, LOVED IT. But over the years I've branched out into other genres. Metal has kinda fallen off in the last few years, I think. The only thing that's really shown me any hope is Black Dahlia Murder and Austrian Death Machine. Metal will always have a soft spot in my heart.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
The people ive met online seem to prefer a lot of dance/Drum & bass. Even thoguh i love rock and Metal, i'll listen to anything from rap, drum & bass to swing.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
I listen to everything that isn't German Schlager, a Dutch drinking song or commercial rap telling you to buy bling-bling, molest yo b*atches and put a cap in someones ass.

Classical (the base of all music), Gegorian (perhaps even more base), A Capella, Jazz, Opera, Orchestral, Blues, Country, Folk, Metal, Rock, Electro, Dialectro, Techno, Trance, Dance, Hardcore, Terror, Pop, Experimental, Noise, Minimal, Ambient, GOA/Psytrance, Jungle, Drum & Bass, Garage, Surf, Rock & Roll, Dub, Dubstep, J-pop, Old skool rap, Satirical (like Weird All), Romantic, Trash, Punk, Wave/New Wave, Instrumental Poetry and the list goes on and on.

And i'm a gamer, so yeah i'm a gamer that ALSO likes metal.

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
Not really. I'm more into alt-rock. But I also like some other stuff: freak rock, blues, and some metal too yes, but mostly thrash, I don't like to dwell in it much.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Nope, I despise metal. No offense, I know that most here are ferocious metal heads. It just isn't for me.

drdamo said:
I listen to everything that isn't German Schlager, a Dutch drinking song or commercial rap telling you to buy bling-bling, molest yo b*atches and put a cap in someones ass.
Come to think of it, I don't even know any Dutch drinking songs! And I am Dutch! Well, quest added, I suppose.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Flames66 said:
I don't know what the majority of gamers listen to. Metal would make sense though as alot of online gamers I have met are very impatient. I personally don't like overly heavy music.
What does impatience have to do with listening to metal music?