Are most gamers into metal music?

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
vallorn said:
[HEADING=1]MEEETTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL![/HEADING]

i also have a rather eclectic taste but i generaly prefer metal.

im also playing Brutal Legend right now... (how do i get an umlaut?)
Can you tell me what the hell the hornthrower is? ive been everywhere on the map and i dont want to go on google cause i feels that cheating.

OT: Ninja'd about the metal but the point still stands, metal will reign supreme.
the HornThrower is the giant set of stairs with a DevilHorn hand at the to with lightning sparking between its outstretched fingers.

Alumit

Mar 21, 2010
Suki the Cat said:
Because what they say about 90% or whatnot of people going over to rap and hip hop simply isn't true, metal is still going strong!

Hoorah xD

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
I just wanted to add that I really hate the word eclectic. Like funky, it's one of those words that really bugs the shit out of me. That was all. Thank you. Carry on.

Misaek

Oct 28, 2008
Yeah I'd say that's an accurate assumption, Classic Rock used to be my favorite genre but now I've evolved into Metal, although I still love Classic just the same, I like a very diverse range of music besides Rap, Nu-Metal, Pop, etc.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
I tend to enjoy the actual video game music, but if I had to pick something else its definitely classic rock.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
I, much like the OP like many, many different kinds of music. However, I don't particularly enjoy metal music by itself. I prefer if it's mixed with something like Swing music, or Classical, or something.

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
Ima a gamer and most definately a metalhead and every person ive befriended online is a metalhead as well. \m/

Clueless Hero

Oct 5, 2009
I'm a gamer, and while metal is okay, I prefer other things (Punk/Alternative). Still, doesn't really matter all that much.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
I listen to rock and hip-hop ( I hate metal)

But I prefer hip hop over rock. The beats are just to smooth. Rock can get you pumped up, but at the same time its not really something you can listen to to relax.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
No I can't stand metal, I'm more into Electronica like the OP. But I have deffinately noticed this trend.

John O'Toole

Mar 20, 2010
Yeah I don't know I like metal, but from what I hear when I play online, I usually hear alot of people listening to rap, or hip hop.

stutheninja

Oct 27, 2009
i enjoy metal as long as i can make out what language the lyrics are in, but i too hate no one genre, i like just about everything but every genre has crap in it

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Usually it's what I listen to when i play games. I can't listen to Ke$ha while playing a game like gears of war, can I? usually I have the band Emery on when I play that, or A Perfect Circle, even TOOL.

Apr 24, 2008
Other than Iron Maiden, I find metal quite dull.

I'm a blues and rockabilly man at my core, but I was thoroughly impressed with Iron Maiden when I saw them live.

alerriixx

Apr 4, 2010
I tend to be into the softer/happier side of music, but most of my friends that I would classify as 'Gamers' seem to listen to metal of some sort or other.