Are you an Achievement Whore?

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Rarely, I'll start achievement whoring, but only if the game's really good fun, like Fallout NV, Skyrim or Saints Row 3.
I've recently re-started Bioshock just to get all the achievements I missed, like the audio-log and weapon upgrade achievements.

RedLister

Jun 14, 2011
Got 49/50 achievements on saints row 3 on 1st playthough last being the upload ur char then going into a slight sulk because i needed xbox gold to do so....Have to enjoy the game though to do so. I don't buy a game which i dont like just cos the 1000achivement points are easy to get. Really depends on the game im playing.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
With me it's not so much that i want the Trophies or the added Gamerscore, I go for the challenges that are hidden in some games that unlock weapons, bonus money or experience, or simply to try and bolster my own skill at the game i'm playing, like in R6V2, complete a match using only the pistol, or playing Assassins Creed and try and use wall assassinations only, something that allows me to make my own fun with the game.
If it has a Trophy or Achievement counterpart, then i simply shrug, plus i play PC games more than console ones, and whenever the little box pops up saying i got an Achievement or Trophy, it feels like a tacked on useless minigame where the points don't matter. It's like Whose Line is It Anyways, without the funny, or the audience.

Thats my 2 cents worth anyways

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
No. Of course every sense of accomplishment one can get from a videogame is artificial but an 'achievement' doubly so. It's too much for me.

Zudalian

Oct 23, 2011
Generally I will go for the single player achievements / trophies, most of the multiplayer ones I dont bother with.

Zud

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Gamerscore:

Trophy Level:

15 and 70%

Yes. Yes, I am.

And proud of it. I love achievements and think they are the best thing Microsoft did for gaming.

Xpheyel

Sep 10, 2007
I dragged that stupid gnome across all of HL2: Episode 2 so I guess I have to say yes.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
I was but then i took a hacker to the account. Sorry couldnt resist. :p

TheLoveableMuffin

Jun 11, 2011
Yes, though I don't like to admit it.

I just like to able to look upon a game on my profile knowing that I finished it. Though multiplayer achievements can be irritating when the lobbies are ghost towns or the requirements are ridiculous, tedious or down to blind luck.

EDIT: Literatly just 1000Gd Skyrim.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
I don't find achievement hunting to be a particularly enjoyable experience, personally. I usually just play the game however I want to and if I get a few in the process then great. Only games I've platinumed are the ones where you can basically do it by just playing the story, and Assassin's Creed 2 because I still hadn't had enough after finishing my second run.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Sometimes it's interesting to look at the stats of the achievements,

Like that 10% of Skyrim players haven't finished Unbound, and about 15% don't appear to have completed8he main storyline at all.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
I like achievements for they make you try something different instead of doing the same thing. It gives additional little things for one to do, that aren't always necessary for any end result.
Example: I never would've experienced Caesars Legion in NV if there was no achievement for the end result.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
I go out of my way for specific platinums. At the moment, I have my eyes on the entire God of War series, entire Uncharted series and entire Sly series. Already have one platinum in each, they're not too hard.

Otherwise, no; generally, I ignore them if the platinum is too hard.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Not unless they're incredibly interesting...I won't go out of my way to get them but I'll take the ones I'm given.

Stravant

May 14, 2011
Most of the time with achievements, I don't bother trying to get them until I've beaten and explored the game for a challenge.

But some of them I try to get, like in GTA4 the achievement for doing what I think was making your car do 5 flips in the air before you land after a jump, because it was fun.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Not really, I only do achievements in games I like and only the ones that I can get very easily while playing or that are a fun extra challenge that I actually want to do.