Are you sad that you're going to eventually die?

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Depends. Dying in a horribly painful way is obviously something that I want to avoid, but being instantly killed by something like an explosion I have no problem with. I'm not really depressed about dying of natural causes, I think eventually I might get bored with life. If I was suddenly stuck in a position where choosing my own death is the only option, I like to think that I'd take it in stride, no 'why meeeee?' complaining or last minute calls to a deity. I'd probably just smoke all the cigarettes I had on me, attempt to say something witty, and then get it over with.

Might be a nice change of pace. I mean, I've been alive for, like, my entire life, death might be pleasant and exciting.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I've sort of just accepted that I'm going to die and that it can happen at any time. I just want to spend as much time in life doing the things I like to do. And if I'm lucky I might die on a high note. But I really don't care, it's (hopefully) some time away..

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
I'll try to keep religion out of this as much as possible, but since my beliefs are such a deep part of me, it may be hard. I intend to enjoy this life as much as possible, experience as much as I can, and leave as many people as I can with good memories of me. I believe that there's more to existence than this one life, but if there isn't, I won't be aware of it, so it doesn't particularly worry me.
The only thing about the thought of dying that gives me pause comes from my belief in reincarnation. Even if I come back, I won't be me. I only get one life; one life with my friends, one life with my fiancee. Once I die, no matter what comes next, I'll be dead.
I'm not afraid of death, I'm actually rather intrigued by it. But, yeah, I am a bit sad that Shaun will only get to walk this planet once, and more than a third of it has probably gone by already.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Not at all, in fact I'm glad I'm eventually going to die. And before you ask, no I'm not depressed in anyway. I love my life and the people close to me a lot.
However the thought that my life is finite only works as a stimuly to make the most of it. I would get extremely depressed if I turned out / became immortal. What would be the point of life then?
Other then that I'm extremely curious about what happens after dead. A great part of me understands that quiet well, but the part of me that choices to believes in souls doesn't know.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
I'm fine with it. Life is a journey and it is an act of self delusion to not consider that one day it will end and relax and be at peace with that.

I just don't want it to hurt and I don't want it to linger. Other than that, I know it is coming. It doesn't fill my mind all the time. Shrug and move on.

Obsidian Rocker

Mar 10, 2010
hedwund said:
And I like to think that death makes us all even in the end, to quote Death from B&TBJ "You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper."
EXCELLENT!

JoeThree

May 8, 2010
Yes, I really, really do not want to die. At least, not if I can avoid it all-together. Funny enough though, knowing I will some day die makes me apathetic towards life in general. Why bother? In 50 years or so (if I'm lucky), I'll be dead, everything I ever did will be forgotten, and the fact that I was a nice guy is all that people wil talk about. I don't care if I die because it's inevitable, but if I could prevent it... yeah, life might have some meaning.

Kasper Gundersen

Oct 18, 2010
I think I would be more sad if I weren't going to die... Wandering this earth for an eternity, would probably be boring, no matter how much fun I would have for centuries...

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
No.

I am actually quite pleased knowing that eventually it will end. I wouldn't want eternal life, at least not eternal life that I can't get away from. I don't see any reason to live that long, I will have a wonderful time now. I am having a wonderful time. But I have my time, and others have theirs; enjoy it while it lasts, because it's probably gonna last a long time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Nope, as quoted from somewhere I can't remember "All things come to an end" which include us people.

thewinner194

Nov 26, 2010
I know that living forever would eventually be worse than death, but I've never been able to comfortably accept death. The thought of dying always perturbs me, no matter how necessary it may be.

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
When I die everything will go bright white.......and a large sign will appear before me that states:

CONGRADULATIONS.......LEVEL ONE OVER, PRESS THE "X" BUTTON TO CONTINUE TO LEVEL TWO OR PRESS THE "Y" BUTTON TO REPLAY LEVEL.

.............What??

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
I don't wish to die: I don't wish to stop living, stop experiencing things. Death is just that. As a result, I don't wish to die because I want to experience things for as long as I can.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
No, what makes me sad is that we die at different times.

I really do not want to live longer than my boyfriend.
But I feel terrible if I think about dying first and leaving him alone.

But apart from that, I'm not that bothered. Or maybe I am, and that worry covers it up.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Yes because I have very few actual friends and aside from acedemic achievements I haven't really don't anything noteworthy :/

Lion_Slicer

Sep 14, 2010
Most certainly not.

All the good times get to be experienced while I'm alive and I can sit happy knowing that all the bad things, stupid mistakes and so forth will be erased over time.

Death is an important part of the process. It makes this one life we have that much more special.
Apologies if that sounds a bit sappy but you get that idea.