Are you single or not ?

Frothy Gibblets

Dec 15, 2013
27. Last interaction that could be considered a relationship was 9 years ago, and that was for the most part long distance. Less than zero self confidence wil do that to you.

I work in a virtually all male environment, where I can be away for weeks at a time. I won't meet anyone via friends as the few I have are loved up and don't really have friends outside "the group" so no new blood can come in, because they are loved up they never want to go out anymore either. Online dating doesn't work as I'm roughly a 5/10.

Not making excuses or blaming other people/the world. I've brought my problems on myself and it's up to me to change them if I can. If I'm too weak to then I probably deserve to remain in the situation I'm in anyway.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
Never had a girlfriend but was close to several girls around 2011-2013. You could call it platonic polyamory. Nothing really happened beyond intimate hugs and kisses though.

I guess there's several factors for this. I'm transgender, have very low self-esteem, body dysmorphia, have never really been social on a regular basis apart from the first year of university, live too far away from anyone I've shared affection with... not sure if it's me being unfortunate or me being completely incompetent haha.

I don't think I'm "ugly". I can make myself look moderately attractive but that's when I'm using makeup and hair styling to combat my masculine physical attributes. It gets very tiring, not something I could do on a daily basis.

It doesn't really bother me much anymore though. I treat relationships like climbing a mountain or going into space. The end result might be spectacular but personally I don't have the patience and dedication to do it.

I hope everyone's relationships are going well though!

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
24 and single. Been in a relationship once, 5 years ago, for 2 weeks. It was messy.

Since then I walked the "fuck bitches (not literally), get money" route, and was happy with it for some time. Lately I decided to change something about my relationship status, but attempts so far range from "good try, but still not there", to hilariously wrong, when after a long talk with a girl, I somehow managed to convince her to return to her ex-boyfriend. "I'm a good listener" as she said... And so did 3 other people from my circle of friends in the past 2 weeks (although sometimes on a completely unrelated topic). It seems I'm slowly becoming "that guy", who gives perfect relationship advices, yet cannot follow any of them himself. Kinda annoying, really...

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Single for the last 26 going on 27 years soon. I see no point in attempting to stop being single either. Love my personal free time and I hate the idea of having to share or halve it with/for someone else.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I'm single, have always been single, not looking to change that, not salty at that either.

It is what it is, and I'm alright with that.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I'm single, and after the disastrous relationships I had, I'm glad about this aswell. Considering the changes that possibly will happen I'm not looking to change this status for the next 2 years or so.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
happily being single since I haven't had very many healthy relationships.

Also, working through my own issues so I'm too busy with that to be in a relationship.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Happily in a relationship! Quite pleased. My thoughts on relationships were "If I find someone I like cool." And I found someone I liked. And she pretty much felt the same way on relationships too. we were best friends first, talked incessantly, and started to like each other more than that. Neither of us are big on romantic stuff, both seem to think people should be able to be happy without a relationship, communicate pretty well, share the same weird sense of humor, generally enjoy the same media and games, respect each other etc. So pretty pleased since we're on the same page in a lot of ways

Jan 27, 2011
Yep, been single since Late March 2014.

I'm mostly over it. It was pretty goddamn crushing for a while, though.

To be honest, though it might have been a good thing in the long run. It took me 6 months after the breakup to realize I had been living my whole life wrong (I was being a doormat, I realized). Since I had that realization, life has been getting SO much better.

I'm keeping my eyes open, talking to cool girls I meet at school and other places I hang out. We'll see what happens.

I'm not all that worried, to be honest. Finding someone who shares my interests and would want to start a relationship would be nice, but not essential.

....Besides, being single is cheaper. XD

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I'm 24, single, and can't say I've been in any sort of "real" relationship. Sure, I had a couple of flirts back in junior high but I wouldn't really call that a "relationship" in the since of actually being committed to a single person.

I feel that I'm better off just not worrying about partnership. I'm good as is.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I'm single, but I plan to stay single. I've been trying to figure out my sexuality for a long time now and I've discovered through lots of late night talks that I'm more than likely Asexual.

So it doesn't bother me too much that I've never dated. Honestly, I feel dating should happen if there's mutual interest from both parties and since I've never felt that kind of interest towards anyone, It'd be unfair of me to try dating someone anyway.

Duster

Jul 15, 2014
long distance relationship. Hope we close in before some sort of stress builds up :c

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
23. Single. My last "real" relationship was way back in highschool. A girl showed vague interest in me and to cut a long story short I was "pressured", for lack of a better word, into asking her out. We didn't even last to the end of the week, it was so painfully obvious we just weren't a good match. Hell we'd just meet up and kiss for a few minutes at break then fuck off back to our respective groups of friends.

I was in a long distance relationship for a while, which ended very poorly. Turns out she was screwing other guys pretty much the whole time. Kinda ruined my trust in the concept of LDR's. Which is a shame, because it seems that I only meet people I'm interested in/attracted to online.

I suppose I should mention I'm also still a virgin, but with a trip to Amerstam coming up I'm interested to see whether my various hang-ups about one night stands and such holds out against innate primal urges.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Currently single. Don't expect that to change any time soon. You know that movie The 40-year old Virgin? Yeah that'll be me in about 7 years, only without the douchebag friends and the happy ending. (I haven't actually seen the movie)

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Single, as I have been since 2009. I had a short 2-3 month relationship and that is all of my relationship experience ever.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
Little Woodsman said:
When I'm filling out a form and it asks for my marital status, I like to put in "desperate".
The Cubone is almost perfect for this thread....
well, just replace lost mother with significant other...

OT: (Appears to be the norm) Single... Always have, and with no current prospects of changing it...

There is that hope that someone will mysteriously appear out of the ether, but I won't hold my breath...

Then again, getting my hopes up is usually what starts the downhill slide, so I'm just not even bothering with trying to find someone because it just turns into a lot of work with absolutely no payoff...

Maybe one day...