Are you single or not ?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Not The Bees said:
As it is, I'm a stubborn son of a *****, so I'll keep working at it, so no plans to suddenly be single. Besides, we just moved to the UK, which is probably making it harder on me since I don't know anyone here and have no outside friends to just hang out with when I get frustrated with my husband. So maybe I'll eventually make some friends around here and that'll make it easier.
The locals being isolationists and disturbed by the presence of outsiders in their kingdom of mire, squallor, and poor impulse control probably does not help either.

(I must escape this awful place one day > > I shall away with the crown jewels and sell them to a russian oligarch.)

OT: Ummm..... No not for... 6?.... yeah I think it's 6 years. Things go up and down, it is sometimes hard, sometimes it is not.

Before that I don't think I'd been single for more than the year that preceeded, an extended breakup with my current partner, due to reasons of being a teenager with a troubled life.

Edit: I is 23 Astral units old.

SuperSamio64

Nov 4, 2010
Got a girlfriend about this time last year. Broke up with her round about January because things were super awkward, and I had started to like someone else. I really regret breaking up with her because I feel if I'd given things time things would have got much much less awkward. Whilst I wouldn't say I'm *really* good friends with her now, we're on good terms and can talk really comfortably, even make jokes about our brief relationship. I've thought of maybe giving it another go but realised that'd be a bad idea. Apart from that regret about pissing away a potentially really good relationship I'm fairly happy.

It'd be nice to get on someone at a party from time to time but I've basically run out of new people to meet. Been working on meeting new girls for a while though, and whilst I don't use it properly, I get a fair few matches on Tinder which is good for my self-esteem.

Chris Moses

Nov 22, 2013
I am 39 years old and I have been in a relationship for 18 years. In fact our anniversary is today! But, that's not all! We've been in an all male, 3-way, polyamorous relationship for 8 years.

Shraggler

Jan 6, 2009
It cannot be surprising that the majority of the identified "perpetually alone" are dudes.

I know this site's demographics likely lean in the male direction, so that'll skew the raw numbers a bit, but the ratio is totally jacked.

There are more thoughts and larger issues that this brings up, but I think it's indicative of some fairly obvious truths, such as who has more inherent value just by simply existing. Reality's a fucked up place.

Depulcator

Mar 5, 2012
Four years taken. And to think the first words he said to me was "you smell like beef jerky". Clearly a keeper.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Single for a few years now. I've had a handful of short, fun flings but haven't really committed to anything.

I swear I don't have commitment issues.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
I'm currently single. It's hard to maintain a relationship when my job causes me to travel a lot, often for long periods of time. I'm not minding being single though, but I'm certainly open to getting back in the dating scene.

I just need to pick a bit better. My last girlfriend got arrested. Not cool man, not cool.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Shraggler said:
It cannot be surprising that the majority of the identified "perpetually alone" are dudes.

I know this site's demographics likely lean in the male direction, so that'll skew the raw numbers a bit, but the ratio is totally jacked.

There are more thoughts and larger issues that this brings up, but I think it's indicative of some fairly obvious truths, such as who has more inherent value just by simply existing. Reality's a fucked up place.
Well, since reality is 50:50 to men and woman, it goes to say that for every forever alone dude, there is probably a forever alone lady.

If you'd like to find them, go to Tumblr or fanfic sites. And they'll complain about how men don't have to try either, look at all these unavailable women.

But to be honest, unless you live on a boat or in a village of 100 people, then the only reason you're single has got less to do with everyone else and more to do with you.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Depulcator said:
Four years taken. And to think the first words he said to me was "you smell like beef jerky". Clearly a keeper.
That's the second best introduction I've ever heard. The best was when a friend of mine was physically thrown into the girls lap. They both said hi and they were dating within the hour.

PizzaDJCat

Nov 4, 2014
Relationship status doesn't matter, just how you feel inside.
I can only say that I'm truly happy with my loved one and this keeps me on my toes every day because I don't take it for granted. But that's how it works, right?!

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
30, painfully single since my nearly 3 year relationship last year went shit side up due to her extremely racist parents.

Vanorae

Oct 5, 2011
I'm 19 years old, turning 20 in a month. At age 17 I lost weight and changed the way I dressed, which resulted in a sudden significant rise in male attention which I had never experienced before. Since then I've kinda just gone from guy to guy, I'm not much of a commitment person in general.

Sillarra

I have no idea how I got here.
Aug 14, 2014
Married for almost 3 years already, with a kid nearing 4 months old this month.

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
I'm married and interested in someone, but he doesn't know I'm polyamorous and I'm still figuring out how to tell him without sounding too aggressive.

me.vicky

Jun 23, 2010
Single 'til 2010, met and dated first boyfriend, married January 2014. Currently it's losing me a lot of potential new friends who don't want to "waste time" with a married woman, but otherwise 8/10 do recommend.