Armed civilian, 17, shoots 2 dead during Kenosha happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Also, even before you know that he shot someone who served 12 years for being a pedo...
I'm just going to remind you now, if this turns out to be a fake internet rumour, you fell for exactly the same sort of nonsense over the Ahmaud Arbery shooting.

Fool you once, shame on them. Fool you twice...

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
There is so much intellectual dishonesty on display here it's unbelievable.

He was running away. Aren't we always told that people running away are not a threat every time one of them gets shot by the cops?
How many of them JUST killed someone, and was currently running away while still holding the gun they used to kill people?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
There is so much intellectual dishonesty on display here it's unbelievable.

How many of them JUST killed someone, and was currently running away while still holding the gun they used to kill people?
So if you just killed someone, but you think you're about to get killed by a group of that person's associates that you just killed, you are supposed to just...what? Accept death? Again, if he was just some crazy kid shooting everyone like the church shooter, a lot more than 3 people woulda been shot.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Close but no. The rumour doing the rounds is that the injured victim committed armed robbery.
These assholes work fast. It's exhausting. I guess having nothing important to focus on or be concerned with other than smearing your perceived enemies for all it's worth means a lot of energy is reserved for just that.

Reactions: Aegix Drakan

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
So if you just killed someone, but you think you're about to get killed by a group of that person's associates that you just killed, you are supposed to just...what? Accept death? Again, if he was just some crazy kid shooting everyone like the church shooter, a lot more than 3 people woulda been shot.
*pinches between eyes and sighs*

Counter example: "If a terrorist kills someone with a bomb/plane/van, and is being pursued by cops, should he just...what, accept death?"

This kid could have, oh I don't know, turned himself in to police afterwards instead of hopping back across the border afterwards if he absolutely HAD to defend himself after he, oh I don't know, murdered someone?

If he'd turned himself in, saying how he never wanted to kill anyone and he was legit sorry, maybe I'd be kinder to him.

Reactions: lil devils x

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I'm less forgiving than that. He denied 2 people life. There's no coming back from that, no way to ever make up for that. And the scales are so off balance even the attempt to balance them is meaningless. Its the equivalent of paying off a billion dollar loan pennies at a time. It'll never even put a dent in it over the course of his lifetime.
Im okay with him being punished.
To what end? Two wrongs make a right? Two lives were denied, denying a third will somehow balance the universe's karma? What do you think is just here? Like, theoretically, let's forget he's a minor. Do you want him put to death? Do you want him locked away for life to be slave labor for some corp?

See, there is no getting those lives taken back. All there is left is this kid's life. What are we, as a society, going to do with it? Throw it away as well, or try to make it as good and productive a life as it can be under the circumstances? As you put it, "the scales are so off balance even the attempt to balance them is meaningless." But see, if you have that attitude about it, whatever happens to that kid doesn't matter. Death, slavery, life, it's all a "meaningless attempt at balance", so, why not life?

I'm not some hippy. It'd be somewhat different for me if this guy were older, set in his ways, beyond reasonable expectation of reform. But this is a kid. One who has done something horrible, but a kid nonetheless.
I do. I'm not that big on retribution justice either, but that kid does not give a rat's ass. I don't want him in any type of authority or law enforcement. I highly doubt he'll learn anything from this.
Peachy, if he's convicted of a felony he loses his right to vote and is locked out of law enforcement, you get what you want already.
Me neither. But sometimes you also want to throw the book at someone to send a message to all the other knuckleheads who were thinking similar ideas.

He's seventeen: he's a painfully naive child who had stupid dreams of upholding whatever stupid ideas were put in his head by people who'd you hope might know better. On the other hand, he's also dangerous. I think that human beings are fundamentally disinclined to kill each other: it's difficult, psychologically disturbing, even traumatic. Maybe it was traumatic for this kid too and nightmares will haunt him for a long time, but someone pumped him up and trained him do what most people would baulk at, so he's already taken a lot of steps down a bad road. He's going to see millions of people like Tucker Carlson call him a hero in the coming weeks, and if that's what he comes away believing despite society telling him he's just a murderer who needs decades in the slammer, better for everyone he doesn't come out.
Are we going to assume right now what his reaction to the consequences of his actions will be, or are we going to wait to see whether he has any remorse at all?

I am not advocating that any minor get off scot-free from murder, only that they all receive a chance at reform if they will take it. What form that reform will take is pointless to argue about because that's not the way this country's justice systems operates; it is the principle I stand by.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Sure, but he could still reasonably fear that he was about to be killed by the guy with the handgun in his hand that he had to shoot away, correct?

You just want it to be that they were trying to disarm him. I think that at the very least they were gonna beat him up pretty badly if not outright kill him.

He was running away. Aren't we always told that people running away are not a threat every time one of them gets shot by the cops?
He wouldn't have been running if he hadn't committed the crimes in the first place. What you are saying is the equivalent of: He illegally obtained a firearm, took it across state lines and illegally entered a school because he heard there could be a fight break out at because he wanted " in on the action" too. but then the guys there didn't want him there "up in their business" and started chasing him so he shot them. That is NO different than what happened here. I have no idea anyone would think otherwise. He was there illegally just as much as it would be illegal for him to go into a school that isn't his. with an illegal firearm that would be just as bad as bringing an illegal gun to school. To insert himself into OTHER PEOPLE"S business and thinks he has a right to kill them when they don't want him all up in their business? Seriously? He premeditated got the gun crossed state lines and put himself there illegally and you still think he should have a right to defend himself with DEADLY force? None of our laws do, so I have no Idea why you would think this would be somehow different for this dumbass than it would be for anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa

Counter example: "If a terrorist kills someone with a bomb/plane/van, and is being pursued by cops, should he just...what, accept death?"

This kid could have, oh I don't know, turned himself in to police afterwards instead of hopping back across the border afterwards if he absolutely HAD to defend himself after he, oh I don't know, murdered someone?

If he'd turned himself in, saying how he never wanted to kill anyone and he was legit sorry, maybe I'd be kinder to him.
Cops have a higher moral expectation than a mob. Cops are known to mainly arrest you and put you on trial in most of the cases.

Mobs have the expectation of severely beating you up, stealing your things, killing you, that sort of thing.

The kid LITERALLY walked TO the cops, he ran away from the mob and to the cops. If he was trying to run away he would not have ran directly at the sirens blaring. He would have tried to evade them, too, like an actual criminal/terrorist.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

Not to mention that he CHOSE to stop running in the first murder and instead turned and shot the guy instead. He could have kept running.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Cops have a higher moral expectation than a mob. Cops are known to mainly arrest you and put you on trial in most of the cases.

Mobs have the expectation of severely beating you up, stealing your things, killing you, that sort of thing.

The kid LITERALLY walked TO the cops, he ran away from the mob and to the cops. If he was trying to run away he would not have ran directly at the sirens blaring. He would have tried to evade them, too, like an actual criminal/terrorist.
So if the guy walks to the cops after shooting up the school that somehow excuses everything else he already did? NOPE. This is no different. The mob of teachers and students who died trying to stop the school shooter = no different than what the people who did the same thing here. Do you think a school shooter would have the right to shoot people because they are chasing him too even though it was illegal for him to have a gun there in the first place?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
He wouldn't have been running if he hadn't committed the crimes in the first place.
George Floyd wouldn't have died if he wasn't high on drugs, passing off counterfeit bills, and resisting arrest.
That guy who died at a Wendy's wouldn't have died if he didn't resist arrest and steal a taser.
That guy who died putting his hands into his vehicle wouldn't have died if he didn't put his hands into his vehicle.

"Our justifications good, their justifications bad!"

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So if the guy walks to the cops after shooting up the school that somehow excuses everything else he already did? NOPE. This is no different. The mob of teachers and students who died trying to stop the school shooter = no different than what the people who did the same thing here. Do you think a school shooter would have the right to shoot people because they are chasing him too even though it was illegal for him to have a gun there in the first place?
The fact that only 3 people were shot, and that all of them were first agressing upon the kid in some fashion, makes this a situation dissimilar to one of a school shooter indiscriminately shooting everyone he can, so whatever applies to school shootings doesn't apply here.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The fact that only 3 people were shot, and that all of them were first agressing upon the kid in some fashion, makes this a situation dissimilar to one of a school shooter indiscriminately shooting everyone he can, so whatever applies to school shootings doesn't apply here.
Didn't you hear how many shots were fired? Him being lucky to have only shot 3 people is dumb luck, nothing else. Who said school shooters indiscriminately shoot? Parkland sure as hell didn't. It isn't any different than some guys chasing him at school because he wanted "in on the action" in the first place. He came there for action but couldn't handle it when he got it. He went LOOKING for this. He went well out if his way to make it happen. He loaded the gun. He made sure he was right up in the action instead of standing in the distance like the media and other " bystanders are" he was no bystander, he was an instigator. He wanted to provoke people with his illegal gun to get off on it. He is 100% responsible for ALL of it. He created the problem himself..

Indiscriminate or not is 100% irrelevant to school shooting and was not even remotely addressed in what I stated above. Why you think that matters is baffling. School shooters kill ex girlfriends and bullies too. That is a 100% bogus argument there.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Didn't you hear how many shots were fired? Him being lucky to have only shot 3 people is dumb luck, nothing else. Who said school shooters indiscriminately shoot? Parkland sure as hell didn't. It isn't any different than some guys chasing him at school because he wanted "in on the action" in the first place. He came there for action but couldn't handle it when he got it. He went LOOKING for this. He went well out if his way to make it happen. He loaded the gun. He made sure he was right up in the action instead of standing in the distance like the media and other " bystanders are" he was no bystander, he was an instigator. He wanted to provoke people with his illegal gun to get off on it. He is 100% responsible for ALL of it. He created the problem himself..

Indiscriminate or not is 100% irrelevant to school shooting and was not even remotely addressed in what I stated above. Why you think that matters is baffling. School shooters kill ex girlfriends and bullies too. That is a 100% bogus argument there.
If a school shooter is just there to shoot an ex or a bully, they will not go on to shoot at the mob too, but you described them doing just that, which would only apply to cases like the one I describe.

And yeah I already said the rednecks were out to play Rambo (Rambo, if you didn't know, instigated an armed conflict with the cops after being slighted and ended up shooting a ton of em, it is not praise to claim you idolize him) so you're not giving me any new information here. I also already said he should never have had the gun, too.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I'm getting very angry at this thread. I've received a few warnings (that I didn't know about, thanks moderation system), so I don't want to descend to name calling, but some people in this thread are making me very angry.

It's the same thing with what happened to George Floyd. The same excuse. "He was a criminal anyway."

That. Doesn't. Fucking. Matter.

THERE IS NO SIGN OR BRAND ON A PERSON THAT SAYS "I AM A CONVICTED FELON". That people who are dead turn out to have committed crimes DOES NOT TURN AN UNJUST THING DONE TO THEM INTO A JUST ONE. You don't know that they're "disposable". The cops who killed George Floyd didn't know he was a felon. It. Doesn't. Change. Their. Actions. One. Bit.

Anybody who is putting this up, you are honestly disgusting me and should take a good long look at yourselves. And think about how if you're in a similar situation one day over some misunderstanding, like with the guy who got shot in the back that kicked this thread off, if you want the cops to treat you as an assumed felon or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.