(As we all know) Women are not new to gaming.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Vault101 said:
defskyoen said:
Lol, this thread reminds me of this:

Full of Betas and Omegas up in here white knighting as if their life depended on it, grow some fucking balls lol
lol?

lol

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

what does that mean?

ok, joking aside saying "you know women enjoy games too" is white knighting?

WATCH OUT LADIES! WE GOT OURSELF A GRADE A ALPHA MALE SEXBEAST HERE!
Thanks. I try. :3

(Have to note that's sarcasm. Just covering my ass.)

But thank you. White Knighting is my least favorite internet term. And that's saying a lot.

It's called not being a dick. What 'ulterior reward' do I get for being nice to strangers on the internet I may never actually meet? Other than my smug sense of self-satisfaction, I mean, which I already have anyway.

TheKasp said:
How about no. How about people start opening their mouths. Because if they don't then nothing is ever going to change. If people like you are only listening to the idiots out there (and from all I've read, yeah you are listening to them) then all we will ever reach is stagnation. Ugly, hatefull, sexist and racist stagnation that gaming is in its current form.

You don't need to watch the video (you'll get the basic idea from the title), then look at the comments and the amount of dislikes.

This happens if woman or people who want to change something in gaming open their mouth. And we should sit back and accept it? Why? Because you are annoyed by this topic?
Exactly why I don't shut up about this stuff, thanks for posting that.

Us making women be big deal or a 'sudden surprise' in gaming is kinda recent to. I never noticed it growing up, but I guess online gaming and being able to hide your face has a lot to do with it.

Shame, I like online gaming...in theory.

Dec 14, 2009
defskyoen said:
Ragsnstitches said:
Please elaborate to me what White Knighting is Mr. Alpha, for I most certainly must have the wrong understanding of it.
This is a physical representation of how all these threads end up lol:
All the sad Betas getting together to protect the purrdy female with their feminist apologist bullshit.
Ironic, considering Alphas are the most prone to White Knight syndrome.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
defskyoen said:
Ragsnstitches said:
Please elaborate to me what White Knighting is Mr. Alpha, for I most certainly must have the wrong understanding of it.
All the sad Betas getting together to protect the purrdy female with their feminist apologist bullshit.
Do you actually think you are an Alpha male? Really? That's fucking cute. Did you read it in a book somewhere or watch it in a National Geographic re-run? Or did your daddy teach you this shit while slapping your mom around the place?

Look, I don't give a flying fuck what you think of yourself, but I have to tell you something... alphas can be either male or female. It is not an indicator of physical strength or size. An Alpha is only an alpha when others follow their lead... otherwise they are either Betas (following a lead) or Omegas (stragglers). In the animal kingdom an Alpha can be challenged for alpha status and the decider for this is usually strength.

In humans an Alpha is a superfluous term as it depends entirely on the position you hold over others, which is decided arbitrarily more often then not. Managers, Bosses, Presidents, Generals, Dictators, Monarchies... these are the most significant Alphas. In the smallest scale of things the Alpha is a person in a group who is listened to the most (makes decisions that others follow through) and garners the greatest amount of respect. Respect usually been required to go both ways before a potential Alpha is accepted as an Alpha.

So tell me, Alphie... who follows your lead?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
defskyoen said:
Ragsnstitches said:
So am I right to assume that you must be an alpha male in your social circles, bro?

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Ragsnstitches said:
defskyoen said:
Ragsnstitches said:
Do you actually think you are an Alpha male? Really? That's fucking cute. Did you read it in a book somewhere or watch it in a National Geographic re-run? Or did your daddy teach you this shit while slapping your mom around the place?

Look, I don't give a flying fuck what you think of yourself, but I have to tell you something... alphas can be either male or female. It is not an indicator of physical strength or size. An Alpha is only an alpha when others follow their lead... otherwise they are either Betas (following a lead) or Omegas (stragglers). In the animal kingdom an Alpha can be challenged for alpha status and the decider for this is usually strength.

In humans an Alpha is a superfluous term as it depends entirely on the position you hold over others, which is decided arbitrarily more often then not. Managers, Bosses, Presidents, Generals, Dictators, Monarchies... these are the most significant Alphas. In the smallest scale of things the Alpha is a person in a group who is listened to the most (makes decisions that others follow through) and garners the greatest amount of respect. Respect usually been required to go both ways before a potential Alpha is accepted as an Alpha.

So tell me, Alphie... who follows your lead?
going out on a limb and say...the Broavengers

Daystar is kinda an E-celebrity on here.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
It's easy to get my mother and I confused, especially when your view is obstructed by a paper bag I forced you to wear on your head.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Ryotknife said:
Fappy said:
Ryotknife said:
Daystar may be an alpha here, but he certainly isn't in the bedroom!

you were just waiting for any kind of excuse to use that GIF werent you Fappy?
That... may be the case. I used to have to link a youtube video before someone made that GIF >.>

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
I am thinking page 5 of this thread is just going to turn into one massive stream of OHHHHHH images

Dec 14, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
Daystar Clarion said:
defskyoen said:
Ragsnstitches said:
Ironic, considering Alphas are the most prone to White Knight syndrome.
Have to wonder about how pathetically passive aggressive he is and how that's supposed to work with him supposedly being an 'alpha' too. I didn't realize dropping indirect comments like that on the Internet was 'alpha' behavior.
Commander Shepard is an alpha.

Would Commander Shepard act this way?

I don't think so :D

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
At least I am not a....

Ummm....

Oh yeah!

At least I'm not an orphaned British kid who needs to sweep chimneys just to get by!

Dec 14, 2009
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
At least I am not a....

Ummm....

Oh yeah!

At least I'm not an orphaned British kid who needs to sweep chimneys just to get by!

Yeah...

Well...

I get paid a fucking shit tonne for sweeping chimneys, so who's laughing now?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
At least I am not a....

Ummm....

Oh yeah!

Yeah...

Well...

Hope you enjoy the lung cancer!

Oh god Daystar please don't have lung cancer! That would be so unfair! You promised me you'd build me a house on the homeworld!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
At least I am not a....

Ummm....

Oh yeah!

Yeah...

Well...

Hope you enjoy the lung cancer!

Oh god Daystar please don't have lung cancer! That would be so unfair! You promised me you'd build me a house on the homeworld!
I'm beginning to regret bringing that GIF into circulation :D

In any case, Fappy. Glass houses considering your username is your number one hobby.