Ask the Man in Red

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
When will someone think to use this thread to get the answers to the riddles on the "Clicks and Riddles" Thread?

Also, how will you answer all of the questions on here in a timely fashion?

ManInRed

May 16, 2010
Quigglebert said:
having recently found theories into dark matter may be wrong, what is your opinion on how phisisists will try to explain the "lack of mass" incomparison to our understanding of the universe at large
From the effect of gravity it appears that there is more matter in galaxies than we calculated from the light we can see. Suggesting that either the majority of the universe matter is a type of matter exists that we cannot see, or that matter itself is heavier than we think it is.

A lot of the recent work physicists have been looking into lately is trying to develop a better theory or understand of how gravity works, and why it appears to be weaker than the other forces. I remember the 5 universal forces as light, dark, heavy, strong and weak. The light side of the force (electromagnetic) is the strongest force, but the dark side is more prevalent.

Depending on how gravity works it may be difficult, if not impossible by current science, to prove the mechanism behind how it works any further. Like finding alternate dimensions or negative energy. We're still waiting on the Higgs boson to make an appearance, but the energies required to make that show could be still beyond our means. But then a mystery is more compelling when you're still trying to find the answers.

ManInRed

May 16, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Oh all knowing Man in Red, I humbly ask of you these two questions:

1) Besides the One Ring of power, and lint, what have I got in my pocket?

2) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck would?

Thank you, in advance, for your timely response.
Well you thank me for being timely, so I better rush these.

1) Your hand.
2) None, woodchuck are famous cowards, scared even of their own shadow, so I don't think any would dare chucking wood even assuming they were capable of it physically.

ManInRed

May 16, 2010
Hitokiri_Gensai said:
robotichunter said:
Mister Man in Red, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
im sorry for stealing this man in red, but according to a book i read on useless, but true, information, its 252 licks!
As good as I could answered it. I always bite to get to the center. If you lick the entire surface area just shrinks, but the center of what remains is still untouched.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
robotichunter said:
Mister Man in Red, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
On that topic, what the bloody hell is a tootsie pop? Is it like a Chupa Chup or something?

Also, why am I screwing over my academic studies by wasting my time on the internet?

ManInRed

May 16, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
Why were you so set on destroying the tower and fighting the ka-tet of the rose? I mean, what was really in it for you?

also, why did you choose flagg? he seems like such a useless henchman. I mean, he goes out in such a pussy way.

and are you truly gone, or are you just waiting for your body to reform?

Follow up question, if your body cant reform, what are you going to do?

Also, I am disappoint at no dark tower reference.
I like to keep people guessing. My body can regenerate, but I've been busy else where.

I have so many names, and have done so many things. I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love. Some have label me a communist, others a saint now embodying the spirit of capitalism. I was once a plumber, but no one remembers me for that. Giant robots I pilot are 20% faster. I am competent in all abilities but excel in none. I have died just to prove the danger of a new enemy, but lately I'm more likely to face bloody wounds.

I am all of these things. I am this and more. You don't need to understand, but when the time comes, just take it as it comes, reality and death. I'll eventually get to you. Be seeing you.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Mister Man in Red;
Let's say we are both on our own motorcycles, paralell to each other. For the sake of argument, say we were playing a children's card game while riding aformentioned motorcycles. How would you describe such an event?

ManInRed

May 16, 2010
000Ronald said:
Gamecubes and Duct Tape?

I heard Moviebob (although perhaps not as moviebob; maybe as the game overthinker when he was on Youtube) say those two words once, and it confuses me. What are they referring to?

No. Really, I'm stumped.
The Wii has been called "Two Gamecubes stuck with Ducktape" referring to the comparative processing power. Though, you can never be sure what Moviebob means, it might be a more absurd reference.

StarCecil

Feb 28, 2010
Why is it so difficult for developers to get all the aspects of the firearms that appear in their games correct?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
ManInRed said:
awesome snip

thats an awesome answer. most people dont play along.

also:

ManInRed said:
guidance said:
How do you make it so you can see youtube videos in your posts?
No idea. The usual method seems to fail on this site.
Its left bracket/less then symbol, then youtube=(insert whatever comes after the equal sign), then right bracket/greater then symbol.

So this:

<spoiler=Will turn into this once you remove the brackets><youtube=5lPlFfxMt24>

You can find this tip and more <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.198114-Escapist-User-Guide-to-Posting-Commands>here

ManInRed

May 16, 2010
Tselis said:
Okay, on the profiles page it says I can arrange my badges so I decide which ones are displayed when I post, but I can't figure out how to get it done. It won't let me move them. How do I arrange them? Oh, if you could please keep the answer simple, I'm not a technophile.
In your profile, tab Badges, then there will be a vertical list of badges and their names. Drag and drop these in the right order, and press save. Old posts won't change order of badges.

Anymore tech-service questions, and I may need to pull out the techno-babble. I'm betting this forum as a section specifically for asking questions on how to use this forum, that real monitor will answer. If not, it should.

njrk97

May 30, 2011
i doubt youll be able to awnser this
so where can i stream the entir season of crush gear turbo english dubbed
also why have 3D adventur platformers died out?