Oct 22, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
News flash: Game executives are pants-on-head retarded. Details at 8.
Eight o'clock news calls game executives pants-on-head-retarded, film at eleven.
Film of eight O'clock news calling game executives pants-on-head-retarded released. Game executives refuse to respond on the grounds that it will build the anticipation for when they do respond.
Games executives confirm that they are retarded, film at eleven.
As you can see from this footage, these are the executives here, and they clearly have pairs of pants stuck on their heads as they discuss their most recent decision. Now experts tell me that this behavior is characteristic of sufferers of the stupid virus.
In this piece of footage, you can see them chasing down the street after an ice cream, before getting distracted by butterflys.
Unfortunately, it's not a good idea to run out into the road. Sadly the pants blinded executives were brutally run over shortly after. Strangely, the driver then backed up, running them over again, before he veered off, running them over a third time. Police have not made any efforts to pursue the suspect. Official reports say that they "are waiting for the suspense to build".
In a press conference today, investigators announced that they had made a major breakthrough on the hit and run of the game executives today. However, they have not released details about this breakthrough, as they "Want the suspect to be nervous and excited, so he'll probably turn himself in. Also these donuts are excellent, er". Film at eleven.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Doesn't really bother me, I didn't like the first one! And a more recent game in Prince of Persia sucked too.

Gotham Soul

Aug 12, 2008
If they delay too long, we'll eventually lose interest and move on to more interesting games.

Very smooth, Ubisoft.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Well, considering how that first game turned out, I think Ubisoft is going to need all the marketing scams they can muster.

I hope this kind of idiocy comes back to bite the publisher in the ass with a shock full of razor-sharp and serrated teeth.

I won't be affected anyhow since I threw the first game in the recycling bin not long after picking it up from the bargain bin. I might play the sequel if I was paid to do so.

I3uster

Nov 16, 2008
WHy are people bothering about that?
Almsot all developers do that (the exception being blizzard and valve, for being gods of the game industry which get a newborn as sacrifice every new game they release) for, lets say the christmas sales, or holding them back in the month of "no one buys anything then"

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
Eight o'clock news calls game executives pants-on-head-retarded, film at eleven.
Film of eight O'clock news calling game executives pants-on-head-retarded released. Game executives refuse to respond on the grounds that it will build the anticipation for when they do respond.
As you can see from this footage, these are the executives here, and they clearly have pairs of pants stuck on their heads as they discuss their most recent decision. Now experts tell me that this behavior is characteristic of sufferers of the stupid virus.
In this piece of footage, you can see them chasing down the street after an ice cream, before getting distracted by butterflys.
Unfortunately, it's not a good idea to run out into the road. Sadly the pants blinded executives were brutally run over shortly after. Strangely, the driver then backed up, running them over again, before he veered off, running them over a third time. Police have not made any efforts to pursue the suspect. Official reports say that they "are waiting for the suspense to build".
In a press conference today, investigators announced that they had made a major breakthrough on the hit and run of the game executives today. However, they have not released details about this breakthrough, as they "Want the suspect to be nervous and excited, so he'll probably turn himself in. Also these donuts are excellent, er". Film at eleven.
After six months of waiting, the hit-and-run suspect in the "video game exec massacre" has yet to turn himself in. Authorities are calling waiting in an effort to build suspense "stupid." In other obvious news, the sky is blue!

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
After six months of waiting, the hit-and-run suspect in the "video game exec massacre" has yet to turn himself in. Authorities are calling waiting in an effort to build suspense "stupid." In other obvious news, the sky is blue!
Authorities move to reclassify the game executive hit and run incident as an instance of animal hit and run "Because nobody could possibly be that stupid." Film at eleven.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
Authorities move to reclassify the game executive hit and run incident as an instance of animal hit and run "Because nobody could possibly be that stupid." Film at eleven.
Breaking news: quote pyramids appear throughout escapist form thread.

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
Eight o'clock news makes a typo, film at eleven.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
harhol said:
Who in their right mind is 'anticipating' Assassin's Creed 2?

Hmmm my urge to collect flags is growing stronger...
I AM! I AM! I SO FREAKING AM!!!! I loved Assassin's Creed so much, it's up there as one of my favorite games of all time (Portal, Halo, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed in order). They should be delaying it to make it better, not to piss off every fucking fan they have! I am a mixture of REALLY HYPED and REALLY FUCKING PISSED. Hyped because they've finished it and pissed because they've already finished it and they're holding it back.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
It won't work on me. I was unimpressed with Assasins Creed once I got past the first part and got out into the streets. Yet another sneaky stealth game with annoyingly difficult platforming parts. I hate games like that.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
This just in: Typos are back in fashion; Eleven O'clock news is unhip.

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
This just in: Typos are back in fashion; Eleven O'clock news is unhip.
Hipsters prove themselves retarded with new 'head-pants'. Film at eleven.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Hopefully assassin's creed 2 for pc won't be a shitty console port that doesn't work properly, as assassin's creed was.

SigmondK

Jul 17, 2008
Despite the fact that it's idiotic (especially when you tell someone you are delaying it for the sole purpose to increase hype like no gamer will actually read it) I have to say that I want Assassin's Creed 2. I never actually collected all the flags, but I enjoyed the free roaming, guard fighting, and random mayhem I could cause. Plus it was different! At the time when it came out I remember a flood of FPS games on the market. I could be wrong about that last statement, but it still doesn't change the fact that it had felt different and interesting. Sure they took elements from PoP, but it didn't feel like a PoP clone. All I can say is that I pray to whatever force there is in this universe that they will be merciful and make this game not suck. Okay I'm done ranting. =)