Atheists who celebrate X-mas

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
the one guaranteed day off of the year and the day after is the Boxing day test.

Boxing day>Christmas

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
thePyro_13 said:
I don't think I need your permission to celebrate Christmas. And I don't really want any god in my life, I have enough irrationality in my life as it is.
Sorry, when I said "I let them", I really should have said, "I have no problem with them", I'll go change that. Regarding the rest of your arguement, I reckon I'm not going to be able to change your beliefs over the internet, if at all, and you aren't going to change mine, so I think we'll leave that here.
Burn in hell, heathen!

[sub][small][sub]kidding![/sub][/small][/sub]

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
I celebrate it in as much as I enjoy getting money from it. I could not care less about the message or the apparent magic at this time of year.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
I'm Atheist, and being so I'm quite, let's say, cold. If you get free stuff, it's worth celebrating if I get free stuff too. Yes it's mean, but fuck it, If everyone was selfless the world would suck.

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
yep, x-mas (as you might have noticed it is no longer Christmas) has nothing to do with church, despite its best efforts to prove otherwise. thats why i always laugh when somebody feels discriminated by a bunch of colored lights.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
I just find it funny that some people still believe Jesus was born on 25th of December, along with all the other sons of gods and what not.
Christmas is a pagan thing if im right, and anyway I see it as a celebration we have every year where we give presents, love one another and get very VERY drunk. ^^

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Eh, I like hanging out with my family, unwinding and getting free stuff. Besides, originally pagan etc. etc.

Demonicdan

Dec 8, 2010
By "celebrate christmas" I assume you mean giving presents and eating christmas lunch, rather than going to masss which is "traditional christmas."

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
ilspooner said:
I am an atheist, and I still have christmas. It brings the family together for a day, where we can all laugh, have fun, and eat good food. And presents. I love presents. :D
Exactly!

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
You don't have to be christian to embrace the values celebrated at christmas. Idealism aside though, the holiday is functionally a cultural, rather than religious, event. It has been for a long time. This is why I'm so annoyed at the idiots who try to make it more politically correct. Everyone should be able to celebrate and enjoy christmas, regardless of religion.

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
burntheartist said:
neonit said:
yep, x-mas (as you might have noticed it is no longer Christmas) has nothing to do with church, despite its best efforts to prove otherwise. thats why i always laugh when somebody feels discriminated by a bunch of colored lights.
Again.. X-Mas is actually said as Cris-mas, Greek lettering for Christ's Mass.

The X isn't without the Christ. It's just another way to sign it and say it.

Really? i always though that this only counts with a P (big P and an x in the middle) sorry, it has been years since i had to learn that....

still, x-mas is just a bunch of pagan etc holidays bundled together by church.... seriously look it up, no part of x-mas is Christian only.

Jerome9157

Nov 22, 2010
strange, right now i happen to be watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppGOor-73DY&feature=sub

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
Agnostic, not sure if that counts in relation to the topic though. My family celebrates it, so do most of my friends, why not get involved. I will however make sure to switch the gift giving around for my non Christmas celebrating friends, all zero of you.

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
The freaking sun turned yesterday, not litterary, and we are heading towards brighter times.
that alone is enough to celebrate if you ask me,if the capitalists wants to make a profit on it then they will, and a stressfull bliss has become the true face of Christmas. all that religious humbug has come and gone as it should. now lets focus on the love.