Atkinson: Gamers Are More Threatening Than Bikers

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Giantcain said:
Catkid906 said:
I know what I'm coming as for Hallowe'en this year. And I would fly out to Australia, just to hear your opinion on my costume Mr Atkinson.

A Gaming Cosplayer. I shall dress up as Sephiroth, with actual Masamune.
i dont think theyl let masamune on the plane sadly full size or not
Ah ha! That is why I hide Masamune in individual parts within 10 different stuffed animals in 5 bags and of course hide the parts in Lead Foil. And if they ask me about the animals, I'll say "I'm a Cosplayer" and they'll let me go!

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
thecaptainof said:
This. The sort of people doing this sort of thing and posting threats of physical violence are pretty much proving his point. Good work, guys.

Don't get me wrong, I think the bloke's as much of a pillock and a tyrant as everyone else, but he might have a point - all the bikers I've known have been thoroughly nice and law-abiding guys who'd do anything for anyone. I couldn't say that about all the gamers I know.
Honestly, most bikers just get a bad rap. Yes, they're tough but they're usually pretty nice guys. I'm just saying that I would not be afraid of most of the gamers I know, including myself.

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
Gamers? Threatening? He must be joking, what does he think we're going to do? Craft D.S's into throwing stars? That just shows how afraid he is of a good proportion of his voting public. That dick-faced bigot will get voted out soon enough...

Keela

Aug 16, 2008
"With interactive games, people are actually doing things," Atkinson said. "One can go to the cinema and see someone beheaded, and one sees it as a passive viewer. I think it can do harm, but we permit it within certain restrictions.

"In interactive games, the person playing is doing the action, therefore I think it has a higher impact and impact is always been a consideration in censorship or classification, call it what you will," he said.
Because I'm sure that the moment I see a drunk in the streets, I am going to confuse him for a zombie, whip out a sawed-off, and murder the shit out of him, because I am an idiot.

Grow up you stupid man-child.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Can he just let them have the damn rating already. It's stupid how long he's let this go on for.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I think Michael Atkinson formed this opinion after watching the films Gamer and Every Which Way But Loose back to back.

His next statement will probably be something like:

While I stand by my statement that gamers are more threatening than bikers, I'd just like to add that an Orangutan could probably defeat King Leonidas in a fistfight".

I'm sorry that I can't take anything he says seriously, but every time I read one of his statements I imagine it being read out by Sir Les Patterson.

Grounogeos

Mar 20, 2009
If you Australian gamers want him to stop this BS, maybe you should act civil towards him (I know it's hard, but you could at least try) instead of giving him "reasons" to deny you access to the good games.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
It's fun to play the martyr when you have all the power, isn't it Mike? Let's see how long you can distract people from all those issues you keep passing that they hate.

Apr 28, 2008
That right there is bullshit.

My dad used to be in a biker gang, and their not that bad. If you get on their bad side prepare to get fucked up, but otherwise their pretty friendly.

I really hope he doesn't get re-elected, it would be very sad :(

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
Well, now we have a shining example of worst form of anti-gaming, even worse than the mainstream media can be. We already knew he was a twit but heck, this goes beyond stupid and right into the realms of things that should be thought and not said...ever!

An average gamer is not a dangerous as the average Biker and, just to make a point, how does he know that the creator of the letter was really a gamer? It could have been a troll or someone just trying to piss him off!

Imageine that Atkinson, someone who is trying to bait you and get you to say something stupid. My word this guiy goes pass the point of your average troll, he's even worse than Fox News!

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
That is officially the second most asinine thing I have ever heard. I mean, what are we gonna do, walk up to his home and press buttons until he falls over dead? Really, that's rather pathetic.

Hileo20

Dec 7, 2009
So wait... if i play a game that involves riding a motorcycle am I more powerful than a biker with a wireless xbox controller in his chaps? I should research this for Mr.Satan.. woops.. Atkinson.. right..

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Bikers aren't hanging out at your door at 2AM? No shit sherlock, you aren't banning BIKES!