Atkinson: Gamers Are More Threatening Than Bikers

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I can't believe anyone takes this senile old bastard seriously.

But really, that is kinda creepy. I don't blame the guy though, Atkinson's skull is so dense that he couldn't hear an ambulance if it were right next to him.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
scnj said:
John Funk said:
Not that I think that the guy is any less of a tool, but people who physically threaten him really, REALLY don't make our side look good.
Absolutely not. We should be out to show people that he has got completely the wrong idea about us, not proving him right and giving him ammunition.

That said, if I saw a biker gang coming towards me with loaded shotguns, I'd shit myself. I doubt they would be scared off if I proclaimed myself a gamer.
But if you ever need to rob Atkinson, you've got all the street cred you need. Just whip out your copy of Ocarina of Time and he'll be in tears. TEARS.

OT: I hate militant gamers just as much as this guy does. Anyone who's willing to threaten this man because they can't play video games out to be sterilized so we won't have to worry about their dumbass genes running rampant.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Snotnarok said:
I dunno Atkinson, maybe if you weren't putting your own brand of censorship on millions who DON'T AGREE WITH YOU, and you're THE MINORITY maybe YOU'RE WRONG?

I don't even live there and I hate the bastard.
Same, I'm across the ditch as we say and there are frineds I would like to play some games with but alas they can't have them because they're outlawed.

He's messing with people from other countrys this way a little bit too, and that pisses me off.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Dangerous to HIM, maybe. If you've watched the History channel for one day you'd know just how fucked up biker gans are.

Do gamer shoot police? Do they sport tattoos? Do they blow shit up? The minority.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
So the biker gangs that are ripped, armed to the teeth, and constantly high on meth are not as dangerous as the roving groups of gamers that are apparently terrorizing the innocent in Australia with their controllers and their butchering of the English language. Aye. This guy is delusional. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts calling for gamers to be rounded up and put into camps because of their supposed threat to civilization.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
chozo_hybrid said:
Snotnarok said:
I dunno Atkinson, maybe if you weren't putting your own brand of censorship on millions who DON'T AGREE WITH YOU, and you're THE MINORITY maybe YOU'RE WRONG?

I don't even live there and I hate the bastard.
Same, I'm across the ditch as we say and there are frineds I would like to play some games with but alas they can't have them because they're outlawed.

He's messing with people from other countrys this way a little bit too, and that pisses me off.
My problem with him is that he's censoring what HE thinks is bad. That should be left up to the people buying the games. If they think their 13 year old son is okay with playing [violent game] then it's their choice, not some jackass in a office miles away from the family.

Solivagus

Dec 2, 2008
While I in no way advocate violence against the man, I do feel that he is overreacting. Clearly people are passionate about this subject, and they feel that their rights are being taken away by the conservative opinions of one man. There is a word for a person who exerts his will upon the unwilling masses: a tyrant.
Completely agree.

Setting aside the absolutely ludicrous statement of gamers more threatening than bikers, what happened to balls? Cojones. Testicles. Whatever you call them, some people in power used to have them. Yeah, gamers that are sending death threats aren't helping 'the cause', but he is the one person denying an entire country a mature rating system for games because of his own outdated views. He is telling adults that they are idiot children and don't deserve to be treated as anything else. He should fucking expect some ire and flak from the community. So he gets a threat at two in the morning and he complains about it instead of acting like the adult he is supposed to be and stating that threats to him and his family will not sway his opinion. Given the amount of threats I assume he is receiving, he would have to say this on several occasions. That would be a good reminder to the gamers that do send threats.

Something about that story seems fabricated anyway. He doesn't come across as someone who would be standing near the door at two in the morning. In fact, he doesn't come across as someone who would be awake at two in the morning. Except to 'worry' about the threats he receives.

Jing the Bandit

Jan 4, 2010

On a slightly more serious note, I will prepare my mighty War Spoon.
Yes, I have a War Spoon, and yes, it is mighty.

The Thief

Apr 24, 2008
Why does he despise mature video games so? No one quite knows the reason. It could be that his head isn't screwed on quite right. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes are too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all may be that his brain is two sizes too small. But, whatever the reason, his mind or his shoes, he sits there down under, like a stubborn kangaroo.

If Australia were nestled on a snowflake then this whole ordeal would have worked itself out by now... and it would have rhymed too.

Death on Trapezoids

Nov 19, 2009
How much, exactly, has he done to anger the "outlaw" biker gangs?
Beware my spam attack for +15 annoyance, Atkinson!
Also, go buy generic shooter 5. Good, now shoot a pistol. Now go shoot a pistol in reality. I rest my case.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
God damnit! Which one of you guys put a letter under his door! That does not help!

Seriously, though, I can't even see the similarities between bikers and gamers. I think this guy just wants publicity in order to push his beliefs.

Hileo20

Dec 7, 2009
The Thief said:
Why does he despise mature video games so? No one quite knows the reason. It could be that his head isn't screwed on quite right. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes are too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all may be that his brain is two sizes too small. But, whatever the reason, his mind or his shoes, he sits there down under, like a stubborn kangaroo.

If Australia were nestled on a snowflake then this whole ordeal would have worked itself out by now... and it would have rhymed too.
Simply amazing!

Jakesnake said:
How much, exactly, has he done to anger the "outlaw" biker gangs?
Beware my spam attack for +15 annoyance, Atkinson!
Also, go buy generic shooter 5. Good, now shoot a pistol. Now go shoot a pistol in reality. I rest my case.
Once more, Simply amazing.

The first cause it rhymed and the second cause its more than true. I could snipe you across the map with a pistol on halo 1, but i can barely hit the target 15 feet away with a real pistol. Maybe I just suck at shooting.. I think that makes my point more valid though.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Okay, why are gamers threatening? We live in our metophorical basements chatting online and looing up anime. We aren't exactly roaming the streets and raping everything that moves. If games were causing massive hysteria then I would be concerned, but we aren't exactly going around and performing these acts of violence in daily life. Sure we want to, but we don't b/c we are lazy. Hence the game playing.

Oh, and my uncle says that gamers shouldn't be compared to bikers the same way nurses are compared to Nazi's. AKA, no connection.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
You must understand, in every group there are fanatics, like the gamers who play WoW for seven days straight and die(no big loss there). This is just another fanatic that threatened Mr Atkinson. You can't judge a whole demographic on one person.