Atlus: "No Plans" to Bring Catherine West

Orange Lazarus

Jun 3, 2009
Islandboy2 said:
TBH give it a few weeks, then they'll say "oh btw a localization is coming in the winter" or something to that degree. Just wait this might just be a publicity ploy to garner support. I'm always the optomist, but please Atlus, if Catherine doesn't come here at least localize the new Persona 2 remake
As an optimist, I'm with this. Perhaps releasing this statement is them kind of getting a reading on how many people in the west are actually interested in the game. Then again, it could be true and I will be sad along with all the rest of you.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
I wanted to play it... But since ins't gonna be release in english, can the Persona Team go back making Persona 5 now?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
You don't have to bring it west, all you have to do is run a basic translation thats updateable, don't waste money on further localizing or bad dubbing just do that, and make sure the JPN version works in the US and europe, thats all you have to do to allow a game a world wide test market without wasting a ton of money on a niche/mediocre game.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Anybody know where I can buy used Japanese PS3 games?

I'm still refusing to support Sony by purchasing anything new, and the 360 version is region protected, for no good reason at all.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
One bad news after another, it seems that less and less japanese games are being localized. I also heard rumors about MH3rdp not getting a euro/american release....

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I just wonder one thing;

Why?

I haven't been overly interested in this myself, Katamari is as crazy as I go, but this is just cruel for my fellow Western gaming enthusiasts who are looking forward to this. Why on earth would you ignore the vast majority of the market?!

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
It says Atlus US.

There's still a chance that the UK may get it....

Who am I kidding. I'm sure we'll be bombarded by 200 more FPSs instead.

Retosa

Jul 10, 2010
Atlus, I've been buying your games for years. You are one of the VERY few companies that I buy new games from consistently. If this game doesn't get released, I will place you in the used game purchase section like I have moved Square-Enix into, considering their consistent lack of good games lately.

I vote with my wallet. Bring me CATHERINE!

This is as depressing as Bandai-Namco not releasing multiple Tales games outside of Japan. I love those damn games and I need a Tales fix.

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
Good thing I kow Japanese then.

Funny thing is, someone [http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/catherine/show_msgs.php?login=true&topic_id=m-1-57964342&pid=605302] expressed interest in doing a fan translation,
but since gamespot is such a great site the thread was closed before going anywhere.

Well, maybe he'll get back to it now.

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
IDK, with more and more games getting sent over, I don't see this staying Japan only for long. Not even the soccer moms can stop Atlus Faithful

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
mireko said:
But then HOW WOULD THEY AFFORD TO BRING US ALL THESE WII PARTY GAMES AND NARUTO TIE-IN GAMES?

CLEARLY THAT MUST REMAIN THEIR TOP PRIORITY.

[sub]Thanks, Atlus USA, for backstabbing us all.[/sub]
^This
Ok,I mean really? So Atlus can send stupid ass shovelware to the US,but when something interesting comes near to the pipeline, THEY DECIDE BY THROWING A DART AT A SPINNING WHEEL!? [sub] Atlus at least give this to Aksys so they can import it to us [/sub]