AWESOME ENDINGS

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
As far as books go....

Confessions of a Crap Artist - Just... so good. You feel like you've just taken a short glimpse into some ones life at, what you think, is a truly pinnacle moment for them but the ending makes you realise that after what happened during the book, nothing has changed. Really quite powerful actually.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - This is the book that became Blade Runner and the book is better by far. I can't say much about it but it was sublime.

As for films and the like....
Hard Candy
Vanishing Point
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - Happy ending but in an entirely good way.

EDIT:
Casual Shinji said:
The ending of American Psycho.
I literally just finished watching it. Really good film. "Feed me a stray cat"

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
We'll my favorite ending is from The Shawshank Redemption.I cried at that end.Man tears.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
obliterate said:
inFAMOUS !!! nuff said
This. I can't think of a game with a better and more unexpected ending.

As for Movies:

The Prestige.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
zombiejoe said:
What are your favorite endings? They can be from tv shows, movies, video games, I don't care.
SPOILERS:

I really like the ending for the mist. The main character escapes the grocery store in a car with his kid, the girl, and the old couple. The car runs out of gas and they decide they will kill themselfs with a gun in the car. But it only has enouph bullets to kill four of them. So the dad kills everyone and can't kill himself. So he exits the car into the mist only to find it clearing up and the army is killing off the monsters. The people from the grocery store are scene in a truck going down the rode. And the dad bends down crying as soldiers watch.

note: I don't know how to make spoiler tabs, can some one tell me?
Yeah that was a sick ending. I almost made a topic about it. And by the way, it wasn't the people from the groery store in the back, it was just random people.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
ae86gamer said:
The good ending in Bioshock. Its so sweet.
Yeah that was actually very sweet if you really think about it. But then again, that means the main character was probly sterile.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
The Dark Knight's
Killzone 2's
And...
28 DAYS LATER![small]
Kidding! That ending sucked. ;)[/small]

The Warriors.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Flap Jack452 said:
Saving Private Ryan had a very good ending, though sad.
Who knew that a Colt was a panzers worst enemy.

I loved that movie, definatly the best war movie of all time, folowed by the hurt locker.

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
Casual Shinji said:
The ending of American Psycho.
Okay, I didn't get that ending. Was it all in his head or was he actually killing people.
You don't know. That's the point. It might just be that he's imagined everything, or he could actually be a batshit mass murderer and everyone is so mindblowingly shallow that they haven't noticed.

renner-08

Apr 25, 2009
this isnt exactly a game ending, but the ending of the first mission of cod4 (crew expendable), the escape and the "jump for it!" moment made the entire game for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEnZ7Ze9gww&feature=PlayList&p=A1EBE313B6E7CBB9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=17

CrazT

Sep 19, 2009
i've got tons, but to name a few:
Halo: Combat Evolved (final Warthog escape)
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (final scene)
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Judgement Day scene)
The Godfather Part III (finale on the steps)
Gears of War (Lightmass bomb)

but i guess the best ending to a game would have to be Halo 3. Why? 'Cos it meant i'd never have to play through that horrible story again!!!!

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Avatar: The Last Airbender. I mean, dang, that was freaking intense. Suck it, Zutarans!!!

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
zombiejoe said:
What are your favorite endings? They can be from tv shows, movies, video games, I don't care.
SPOILERS:

I really like the ending for the mist. The main character escapes the grocery store in a car with his kid, the girl, and the old couple. The car runs out of gas and they decide they will kill themselfs with a gun in the car. But it only has enouph bullets to kill four of them. So the dad kills everyone and can't kill himself. So he exits the car into the mist only to find it clearing up and the army is killing off the monsters. The people from the grocery store are scene in a truck going down the rode. And the dad bends down crying as soldiers watch.

note: I don't know how to make spoiler tabs, can some one tell me?
That ending is amazing

[.spoiler.] blah blah blah [./.spoiler.]

Just take out the periods...no spaces

IDBash

Sep 4, 2009
Azraellod said:
well, there is this, which i herald as the true ending of deathnote.

thought it deserved a mention.
I agree... Why did they ruin it by going further?!?!?!?

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Persona 4, and Cowboy Bebop. Both are the only things so far to bring me on the verge of tears during my teenage life.