AWESOME ENDINGS

Generator

May 8, 2009
RAND00M said:
We'll my favorite ending is from The Shawshank Redemption.I cried at that end.Man tears.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Well, this, V for Vendetta, and Inglourious Basterds all had spectacular endings.

Lemur_Ninja

Aug 6, 2009
I have to go with what happened to the second character you play as on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. He just saved the life of a pilot and when they are escaping- Boom! He is the sole survivor for a minute or two before dying a slow death.

I also liked the ending to Bioshock if you save all of the girls. You give them a life and in exchange you get a family. Its kinda sappy, but I like it.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Supreme Unleaded said:
Flap Jack452 said:
Saving Private Ryan had a very good ending, though sad.
Who knew that a Colt was a panzers worst enemy.

I loved that movie, definatly the best war movie of all time, folowed by the hurt locker.
Band of Brothers is good too, though absurdly long.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
Thaius said:
speidel28 said:
Thaius said:
Avatar: The Last Airbender. I mean, dang, that was freaking intense. Suck it, Zutarans!!!
Aww man, I never got to watch the ending.
Did Aang beat the fire benders. Did anyone die?
Go to a site like Avatarchapters or something and watch it! Sorry, but I detest spoilers: I can't ruin that for you, it's too awesome. You've got to go watch it yourself. Dang, it's amazing.
Man, I would have to watch the whole series, I barly remember much of it. Well thanks.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Azraellod said:
IDBash said:
Yea... I dunno it always brings up 2 questions for me...
What is wrong with evil winning?! It happens a lot.. also, how was Light really evil? Then the anime paints him as insane with the vocals on him... I was so annoyed. Light was my favorite character ever until the author had a change of heart and ruined him with a cheesy fatal flaw mentality that really was just a last second throw in... I felt cheated. I also liked Mellow... but I agree Near was outright annoying and pure luck oriented.
nothing in theory is wrong with evil winning. it's just that the original manga was made for shonen jumps, a magazine for children in japan, and was somehow supposed to have moral lessons involved.

as for how was light evil, i have the same view. i fully supported nearly all of what he did, and believe that in his situation i would have done the exact same thing with the note. light won as far as i'm concerned, and the world was a better place for it.
Well, about that...

What Light was doing wasn't necessarily wrong, the issue was his mentality and what it led him to. The idea of killing those who deserve to be killed makes sense, but there is one problem: Light was playing God. He even said himself that he wuold reign over his world as a god. Problem is, people who try to be God think that they can do so simply because they have the power. But regardless of power, no human has the right to be the absolute judge of peoples' sins. God would not only be all-powerful, but all-knowing and authoritative as well: his word would be absolute law, so he would have the right to punish what he saw fit, as he saw fit. Light, on the other hand, has the power, but not the knowledge, not the authority. He eventually got power-hungry: by the end of the show, his goal was no longer to save the world, but to rule it, and he had lost everything he once was along the way.

It may seem ridiculous, but to protect this against the religious flaming that seems so popular on this site, know that I was not making any statements about religion, simply stating the problems with a human trying to play the part of a god; so please stay on topic and avoid posting about religion.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Flap Jack452 said:
Supreme Unleaded said:
Flap Jack452 said:
Saving Private Ryan had a very good ending, though sad.
Who knew that a Colt was a panzers worst enemy.

I loved that movie, definatly the best war movie of all time, folowed by the hurt locker.
Band of Brothers is good too, though absurdly long.
Yeah, i never acually like the band of brothers movie all that much if i remeber correctly, now It's still a great movie but its trumped by the above titles.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
speidel28 said:
Thaius said:
speidel28 said:
Thaius said:
Avatar: The Last Airbender. I mean, dang, that was freaking intense. Suck it, Zutarans!!!
Aww man, I never got to watch the ending.
Did Aang beat the fire benders. Did anyone die?
Go to a site like Avatarchapters or something and watch it! Sorry, but I detest spoilers: I can't ruin that for you, it's too awesome. You've got to go watch it yourself. Dang, it's amazing.
Man, I would have to watch the whole series, I barly remember much of it. Well thanks.
I say go ahead. I'm watching it with my roommates right now, and this is my 7th time watching it from beginning to end. It's a great show. :D

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
I loved the ending to Shaun of the Dead. A perfectly blunt way to end an awesome film.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Thaius said:
That was a pretty epic ending, and when i say epic i mean EPIC. I liked the fight between Zuko and Azula the most, it just looked so pretty in its firery goodness.

foxyboy

Mar 21, 2009
Cod 4 - still one of my favorite endings
Fightclub-Never saw it coming (might of been just me)

AtomicPineapple

Sep 14, 2009
hermes200 said:
Out of video games endings, I will go with Final Fantasy X ending...
Finally someone agrees with me. How many times have I seen this, and I still cry every single playthrough.

AtomicPineapple

Sep 14, 2009
Azraellod said:
IDBash said:
Azraellod said:
well, there is this, which i herald as the true ending of deathnote.

thought it deserved a mention.
I agree... Why did they ruin it by going further?!?!?!?
well, the general opinion of the authors was that light was evil and deserved a humiliating defeat. i disagree entirely myself, but even if they did i see no reason why they couldn't have just had L beat light. near was just annoying, and mello was far worse then light was supposed to have been. there was no point in them.
I always wanted Light to win in the end :p I was so dissapointed when he died, and then was like wtf when the last page is the Misa cult thing. Great clip btw, I might have to watch the whole anime soon.

iNsAnEHAV0C

Sep 20, 2009
maybe its just me but i thought the ending to The Departed was pretty epic. the first time i watched it i definatly had no idea that it would end like that. Definatly had closure.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
A few of my favorite endings would be:

Film:
Accepted (Let's just say it's one heck of an //explosive// ending you don''t see coming when you first watch it)

Video Games:
Protoype (One totally badass ending, enough said)
Tales of Symphonia (it has a nice, satisfying ending that ties it all together)

Webseries:
Red Vs Blue: Reconstruction (Plenty of plot twists that make you go... "Wow.")

I'm not sure if anyone will recognize any of these, if not, then I highly recommend them.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
AfterAscon said:
obliterate said:
inFAMOUS !!! nuff said
This. I can't think of a game with a better and more unexpected ending.

As for Movies:

The Prestige.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
though I found myself rooting for the
magician that eventually was killed in the end, maybe that was how it was supposed to be but still
also the good , the bad, and the ugly was my favorite cowboy movie ever, let alone by Clint eastwood
also everything done ever by Quentin Tarintino including that new one
"Inglorious Bastards" loved it, and saw it on the premier night of my town.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
HALF-LIFE 2 EP:2

OHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHH!

OT: Probably Prototype.

Wanna know why?

It ended.

Tee hee.