AWESOME ENDINGS

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
IDBash said:
Azraellod said:
well, there is this, which i herald as the true ending of deathnote.

thought it deserved a mention.
I agree... Why did they ruin it by going further?!?!?!?
well, the general opinion of the authors was that light was evil and deserved a humiliating defeat. i disagree entirely myself, but even if they did i see no reason why they couldn't have just had L beat light. near was just annoying, and mello was far worse then light was supposed to have been. there was no point in them.

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
Can't believe Batman's ending hasn't been mentioned. Those who have seen it don't need any explanation.

Also Forrest Gump and the end of The Lord of The Rings.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Game ending

{I know am probably going get flamed for this but I loved the ending to dino crisis 2. It was sweet on how Dylan chosed to stay with his daughter after the self destruct sequence is actived. Hmm now that I think about it what is with capcom and self destruction.}

anime ending

{The code geass ending that is all and oh the cowboy bebop ending "bang"}

Thats all I can think of right now.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Clerks II

"I miss my donkey"....classic

On a more serious note, Children of Men. That ending blew my mind...that's some incredible film making.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
When it first came out, the ending to Onimusha: Warlords was fucking badass. I think it may very well be my favorite ending of any game I've played.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
Casual Shinji said:
The ending of American Psycho.
Okay, I didn't get that ending. Was it all in his head or was he actually killing people.
I think the point was that nobody cares. At the end Patrick Bateman has a moment of weakness where he desperately wants to confess his crimes and maybe even be punished for it. Or maybe he cofessed because the killing itself doesn't "pleasure" him anymore. But this is New York in the 80's and everybody is to preoccupied with there own succes. That's what it means when he says "My punishment continues to elude me."

PS. Did you know this movie was directed by a woman? I don't mean to be sexist, but I never thought a woman would direct something like this.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
zombiejoe said:
I haven't read The Green Mile, and I haven't seen the Shawshank Redemption movie, but they're both pretty interesting in the formats I've encountered them in (seen Green Mile, read Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption).

I have absolutely no idea why they added that ending to the Mist though.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
silent hill 2 in water ending, i also liked sh1 bad ending butt the water ending had so much more content

IDBash

Sep 4, 2009
Azraellod said:
IDBash said:
Azraellod said:
well, there is this, which i herald as the true ending of deathnote.

thought it deserved a mention.
I agree... Why did they ruin it by going further?!?!?!?
well, the general opinion of the authors was that light was evil and deserved a humiliating defeat. i disagree entirely myself, but even if they did i see no reason why they couldn't have just had L beat light. near was just annoying, and mello was far worse then light was supposed to have been. there was no point in them.
Yea... I dunno it always brings up 2 questions for me...
What is wrong with evil winning?! It happens a lot.. also, how was Light really evil? Then the anime paints him as insane with the vocals on him... I was so annoyed. Light was my favorite character ever until the author had a change of heart and ruined him with a cheesy fatal flaw mentality that really was just a last second throw in... I felt cheated. I also liked Mellow... but I agree Near was outright annoying and pure luck oriented.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
Thaius said:
Avatar: The Last Airbender. I mean, dang, that was freaking intense. Suck it, Zutarans!!!
Aww man, I never got to watch the ending.
Did Aang beat the fire benders. Did anyone die?

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Movie: Pulp Fiction, Donnie Darko, and the Prestige

Video Game: MGS3(I manly teared), Bioshock, and Infamous evil ending.

AfterAscon said:
obliterate said:
inFAMOUS !!! nuff said
This. I can't think of a game with a better and more unexpected ending.
Do you mean Kessler being Cole or the actual ending. If you liked the good guy ending, there is something wrong with you. "Oh no, impending doom is still coming and I'm a pansy!" is the good ending. "Fuck trying to escape, this town belongs to me" is far superior.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
IDBash said:
Yea... I dunno it always brings up 2 questions for me...
What is wrong with evil winning?! It happens a lot.. also, how was Light really evil? Then the anime paints him as insane with the vocals on him... I was so annoyed. Light was my favorite character ever until the author had a change of heart and ruined him with a cheesy fatal flaw mentality that really was just a last second throw in... I felt cheated. I also liked Mellow... but I agree Near was outright annoying and pure luck oriented.
nothing in theory is wrong with evil winning. it's just that the original manga was made for shonen jumps, a magazine for children in japan, and was somehow supposed to have moral lessons involved.

as for how was light evil, i have the same view. i fully supported nearly all of what he did, and believe that in his situation i would have done the exact same thing with the note. light won as far as i'm concerned, and the world was a better place for it.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Off the top of my head I can think of; TDK, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Mass Effect

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
The Ending to Fallen was absolutely jaw-droppingly awesome. And the End to Unforgiven was very bad-ass

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
speidel28 said:
Thaius said:
Avatar: The Last Airbender. I mean, dang, that was freaking intense. Suck it, Zutarans!!!
Aww man, I never got to watch the ending.
Did Aang beat the fire benders. Did anyone die?
Go to a site like Avatarchapters or something and watch it! Sorry, but I detest spoilers: I can't ruin that for you, it's too awesome. You've got to go watch it yourself. Dang, it's amazing.