Bands that have never failed you.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
No, every band I like with 3 or more albums (including many already mentioned on this thread) have disappointed me at some point. Which doesn't mean they necessarily put out a bad album, but for whatever reason I didn't care for it at the time.

Insignia19

Sep 1, 2009
Definitely Lamb of God and Rammstein. I don't think Rammstein has made a single song that isn't epic!

JdA

Nov 8, 2010
Bad Religion, Clutch, Mastodon, Motorhead, and Monster Magnet. What's more, they all back it up with outstanding live performances.

I'd say Iron Maiden, but No Prayer for the Dying does absolutely nothing for me. I do suppose 1/15 aint bad though.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Istabitwithmysword said:
Rise against.

Edit: Billy Talent come second, as they have less albums
I've got your back there. These were the two that came to mind when I saw the title.

Paramore, almost.. "All we know is Falling" is perfectly listenable but not that exciting.

Legendsmith

Mar 9, 2010
Everything by Arjen A Lucassen, which includes Ayreon, Ambeon and Star One.
I like every one of his songs. I highly reccomend him to anyone who like power metal, symphonic metal, rock opera or even classical music.

Lykon

Dec 10, 2008
Edguy.

Tobias Sammet is a fucking god. Most amazing song writing, while having at least one song on each album that takes the piss out of themselves

EDIT: if you're into symphonic stuff, but know a lot of 80's pop, may I recommend Northern Kings. Holy shite they do amazing stuff

Jul 13, 2010
e.wlmo4 said:
Radiohead
Nothing but pure gold
This. Pablo Honey is a let down by Radiohead standards, but its still a cut above most albums.

Other then that, Beirut don't have a single weak album and, though "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" isn't the best, Modest Mouse is also fairly strong.

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
Opeth, right from the word Orchid they've released quality studio albums and a few decent live ones too.

Ultimateslayer

Sep 21, 2008
Definatly the Pixies. And NIN? Really? There stuff is really hit or miss, with the last couple of albums being absolute shit.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Porcupine Tree. Their sound has changed drastically time and time again, and they never stop being awesome.

Fozza

Jul 6, 2010
Nightwish, absolutely. Haha. I was a little dissapointed at the latest Sirenia album but otherwise Morten Veland has never failed me. =)

Naturality

Feb 23, 2010
Yo La Tengo.

It's funny, I was listening to Smashing Pumpkin's Zeitgeist when I saw this thread. Not that Zeitgeist is a particularly bad album, mind you, it just wasn't as good as I was expecting from Billy & Jimmy.