Banned from the UK

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
BlindTom said:
george144 said:
Its not enough people we should kick out lots of the nutty racist/extremists who are already in our country. But yes I think they should be allowed to ban these people from entering our fair isle. I would ban David Cameron because he's a slimy git, also all chavs.
That's like... A lot of people.
...and? If it makes the UK better and destroys our reputation as the door mat of Europe in the process then I'm all for it.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I live in the UK and we have a really bad record for kicking out people who promote hatred and violence. hence keeping them out of the UK in the first place seems like a good idea to me. As for the second comment, my response sort of follows on from this. Anyone who promotes unacceptable behaviour, as the BBC termed it (i.e. anything like promoting violence and hatred and inciting inter-community hatred and so on), should be banned from the country outright. Anyone in the UK doing it should either be deported, or if they're a UK national, jailed. Zero tolerance for those who have none. They aren't tolerant of other lifestyles and faiths and so on, so why should we tolerate them?

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
stinkychops said:
george144 said:
Its not enough people we should kick out lots of the nutty racist/extremists who are already in our country. But yes I think they should be allowed to ban these people from entering our fair isle. I would ban David Cameron because he's a slimy git, also all chavs.
Aren't you the guy who wanted to skin people alive?
Irony?
But I'm all for equality, as I'm up for skinning everyone alive. Equal dying rights for everybody.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
The only difference between this list and a very similar banned list held by the governments of almost every country out there is that it is public. So you have to think, why publicize it?
Cause they are just such honest and open politicians? NO
Cause they are trying to make public show against bigotry? ...maybe
OR
Cause they are trying to to set a precedent? hummm... Lets think about this. They could have kept the list private like most countries(they probably have a private list on top of this one), but they made it public. People would have been just as safe if they didn't make this big public display. The only tangible thing to come out of this is precedent for to exile anyone even public figures.

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
the_tramp said:
BlindTom said:
george144 said:
...and? If it makes the UK better and destroys our reputation as the door mat of Europe in the process then I'm all for it.
First they came for the Chavs... (Wooo melodrama!)

Dele

Oct 25, 2008
the_tramp said:
BlindTom said:
george144 said:
Door mat of Europe? UK is known for actively trying not to be part of Europe and this just reinforces that stereotype.

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
From the people listed, sounds fair enough to me..
but that means someone else is stuck with them...

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Thanatos34 said:
I have to say, this is rather interesting considering I just watched V for Vendetta.

This crosses the line, in my opinion, but I am not versed in the UK's constitution, so I do not know if they can fight this or not.

Interesting. I also recently watched Minority Report.

Mind policing is never a good thing to allow a government to being doing. No matter how good your motives are going in, they will always get corrupted. It's just too easy to be seduced by power in this instance.
I've said it earlier but we have no constitution in the UK. A constitution doesn't equate freedom though. There are plenty of abuses in America over the last 80 years despite your constitution. Gitmo, extrordinary rendition, the patriot act, McCarthyism, the internment of citizens with Japanese heritage.

There are plenty of stains in British history but constitution, or lack of it, has nothing to do with it.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
If said people could cause problems or crimes to be comitted in this country or would otherwise disturb the peace. Yes. However it is closing down your options just like America won't listen to anybody that says "god doesn't exist" no matter what else they have to say.

bjj hero said:
The second question is who would you ban from your country and why?
Feminists. Don't say that you haven't noticed that females have greater privileges than males in this country. Feminists are only causing bloody problems now and are forcing their stupid and crazy views onto others - quot retraction of eroge game http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/05/08/feminist-group-japan-must-ban-adult-games/ ... http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/05/11/feminists-force-ban-of-rapelay/

Completely senseless.

brighteye

Feb 5, 2009
UK have tried to copy the US of A for the last ten years, so this wasn´t that surprising.

We have a guy in sweden that went to US for his honeymoon, but his father in law really hated him, so on the while the guy was in the air over the atlantic ocean the father in law phoned the customs and said he was a terrorist.
When the plane landed he ended up in custody and were shipped on the next plane back home, flagged as a terrorist, banned from the US for life.The father in law got picked up by the swedish police, got a fine, and had to call the US and say that it all were a prank.
But the US customs apparently cannot "un-terrorist" someone, so he is still banned for life.

In the UK they just greenlighted a project to expand the monitoring of all mails,sms, and phonecalls.
George Orwell - 1984 - That guy was an optimist.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
bjj hero said:
Ozzy684 said:
I'm agreeing with George144 here, boot out chavs, i've been mugged and my brother's car has broken into twice, i know this is chav work because Kingswood is the chav land of Bristol, my plan would be find a desert island, throw the chavs on there and quarantine the area, make sure they can't get of the island...sounds awfully like Battle royale tbh
Didn't this course of action result in Australia last time we tried it?
And Australia is a great place! If I incite hate speech and get deported, can I go to Australia? That'd be sweeeeeeeet...

On topic, I don't know why this particular list was made public when every country has one, but, yeah, I do agree with the "setting precedent" thing, and that does scare me.

gabx

Nov 19, 2008
Everyone complaining about totalitarianism needs a history lesson. The very fact that you have access to a non-government controlled source of information (the internet) already means Britain is not totalitarian. Another hint is the fact that all of the people complaining about the government haven't been arrested yet. You think the British government overreacted? Fine, but don't start spouting conspiracy-theory level crap on the internet. Not everything the government does is an insidious plot to take control of the world.

MelziGurl

Jan 16, 2009
Not suprise to see Fred Phelps and his daughter on that list.

From looking at that list, I think it's fair to ban them. I know I would.

Benj17

Mar 10, 2009
sky14kemea said:
george144 said:
i like your way of thinking

but it could take years to round up all the chavs... XD
no just grab their queen - Kerry Katona, and the rest shall follow :p

JohnSmith

Jan 19, 2009
A nation be definition is exclusive, So yes they have the right to ban whoever the they want if they are a democracy and the people don't like it then they can campaign against it. As to the other question I'm not actually sure if there is anyone I would want to ban from australia I mean if we dislike them then Australia is full of potentially dangerous animals :)

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
We weren't allowed into Britain for a while but then we were blowing up shops and apartments so i can understand why.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Agent Larkin said:
We weren't allowed into Britain for a while but then we were blowing up shops and apartments so i can understand why.
Its still unreasonable to ban a whole country.