Basement Dweller

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Geisterkarle said:
This Roosh is a stupid jerk.
But have you actually read his article about "make rape legal"?
If you really take this seriously, could you message me? Because I have some magic beans for you to sell...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal
Oh don't compare Johnathan Swift to this fucking hack. Johnathan Swift had a brain in his skull instead of extra bollocks. Johnathan Swift cared about the Irish and their plight, the point he was making was that the British was treating the Irish so poorly that they might as well just be eating babies, that is what he was satirizing. The joke moral of a Modest Proposal couldn't be farther away from what he actually thought.

Meanwhile Roosh's "Satire" of rape is suspiciously similar to his regular MO of "Women are inferior" and "women who have sex are only good as fleshlights" and "Democracy is bad because men don't have all the power anymore." All of which in articles posted on his website in the last month. So what the hell is he satirizing? That's the thing about satire. You have to actually satirize something. You can't just spew out whatever the hell you feel like and just say "Oh it was a joke," or "JK lol".

Oh and there's the fact that he only said it was satire after a massive backlash and even before that he told people not to get pissy over what he believed.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
THM said:
EDIT: Removed because to be honest, getting into another moronic discussion about this shit is just stupid.

Out of curiosity, though - when's the crucifixion going to happen?
You say you want out but you still end with a hyperbolic comment.

Well which is it? Do you want to stop the conversation or do you want to ask rhetorical questions about things that obviously are blown out of proportion?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Well, I assume there will be many more pages to come in this thread.

Before people get mad, remember kids, it's just a video game... I mean comic strip. Anyone and anything can be made fun of. Even a prick from time to time.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
slo said:
I reread the comic. Someone said something that got someone angry.
Except that's not the point of the comic.

It's mocking Roosh for being found hiding out in his mom's basement.

You expanded this to the idea of demonisation because you didn't even know what you were talking about.
LifeCharacter said:
Also, he explicitly said that he was serious.
And it's in line with his other views and acts, some of which are illegal.

THM

Sep 27, 2014
erttheking said:
Do you want to stop the conversation or do you want to ask rhetorical questions about things that obviously are blown out of proportion?
I was asking an honest question. I mean, it appears that people will continue repeating the same lies about the person himself, the groupthink 'opinion' of what he's said and written whether or not it's even vaguely true, and the rest of it. Logical conclusion of this train of 'thought' is to have the man lynched. So when's that gonna happen? :)

THM

Sep 27, 2014
RJ 17 said:
Wait...isn't that literally the entire point of coming to The Escapist? I'm confused...
Apparently it is for some people. ;)

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Zhukov said:
Now that you mention it, I do wonder what his parents think of him.

Like, are they proud? Do they eagerly tell their friends about how their son is making international news as an advocate of rape?
Eh I'm sure the parents are proud of their son, as parents tend to be. Even some women will accept this sort of mindset (rape thing aside, which I'm sure the guy can only put the spin on with his mom), like look at that Oregon militia stand off thing that just recently ended. There were a few women there who were all working behind the scenes doing the cooking and cleaning while the burly men were out their sticking it to the guberment. One of the women in an interview said something to the likes of... actually looking at my post history I have it elsewhere.

"But I'm a nobody," she said. She said she will stay at the refuge as a cook, "for as long as it takes. We women, we are helpers," said Bass. "That's how we are created, and that's what we do here."
Link

Now for most men try bringing this up with your gal and you'll earn a night on the coach, but these types of people, men and women, still do exist even in the modern world. His parents/mom I'd say a good bet is one of them. Actually I don't know about Roosh but these types of guys usually have domineering stay at home moms, who perhaps don't think any girl is good enough for their little angle.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
THM said:
erttheking said:
Do you want to stop the conversation or do you want to ask rhetorical questions about things that obviously are blown out of proportion?
I was asking an honest question. I mean, it appears that people will continue repeating the same lies about the person himself, the groupthink 'opinion' of what he's said and written whether or not it's even vaguely true, and the rest of it. Logical conclusion of this train of 'thought' is to have the man lynched. So when's that gonna happen? :)
First of all, you have done an incredibly horrible job of disproving the "lies" around Rosch. There's a mountain of evidence, apparently him even saying that he meant what he wrote in a forum post. You saying "He said it was satire" is a heavily insubstantial defense. So either bring something more to the table or quit calling them lies, because you're failing to convince anyone about the integrity of a misogynistic rapist.

Second of all, I hope you're joking because when was the last time there was a lynching in America? That wasn't done to a black person?

Third of all, the smile isn't cute.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
slo said:
CaitSeith said:
slo said:
I don't get it. Is it some kind of political fart?
Throwback to an old Critical Miss strip where the facehugger is giving a lesson in a Dating Seminar.

EDIT: And then there was the cancellation of the 'Return of Kings' rallies in the news.
Oh, it's just do demonize some guy over his opinions. Ok.

I did get the air vents joke, but this one... Facehuggers do not distinguish between men and women and probably don't have gender as they're just larva and not a developed organism.
Yeah, forgive me if I don't lose any sleep over Mr. "Rape is cool" getting hurt fee-fees.

'Cuz, like, how dare we disapprove of someone for being a piece of human shit, right?

I mean, where is the line? Apparently not the KKK. They're just unfortunate souls with the unpopular opinion that skin color makes people inferior,right?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
THM said:
erttheking said:
To quote the Dude, "That's, like, your opinion, man. :)

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Are you going to actually reply to what I'm saying or are you going to just give me these non-replies that come off like they're more dedicated to provoking me?

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Great. So when are you going to create a comic about radical feminists?

"I feel that man-hating is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them. Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor"

"I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig. Andrea Dworkin"

"The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men. Sharon Stone"

"The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race. Sally Miller Gearhart, in The Future ? If There Is One ? Is Female"

"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience. Catherine Comins"

And I will await the inevitable "Those aren't real feminists" and the "Those are just taken out of context" or "Those are just jokes", because only women get to decide who is for what when it suits them.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Man, all this straw being flung around. If I was a mule, I'd be eating like a king.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
THM said:
EDIT: Removed because to be honest, getting into another moronic discussion about this shit is just stupid.
You don't listen very well it seems. Even to yourself. ;)
slo said:
Something Amyss said:
slo said:
Some guy with unpopular opinions is being shat on, that's enough explanation to me.
Do you feel the same way about the KKK?
Pretty much. Where I live people would label you "pro-fascist" and claim that you're advocating crucifixions of little boys if you publicly doubt that certain land is rightfully ours. Pretty much the same treatment you get for a wide range of other unpopular opinions. If there's some political shitting on going on - ok, I know what it is and I'm not interested.
If they do something criminal - I hope the police takes care of them. If they think something criminal, I'm kind of in the same boat since most of my opinions are outlawed by propaganda and aren't to be spoken of publicly. So no, I don't care if someone's opinion is wrong, even if they're really wrong.
Apparently you care enough to type a bunch of posts. ;p

If Roosh and the KKK get to voice their opinions, what's wrong with others voicing (or in the case of the comic Drawing) their opinions about them?
Seems pretty even to me.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
McMarbles said:
Man, all this straw being flung around. If I was a mule, I'd be eating like a king.
Silly goose, mules don't eat straw :p

But seriously, I have no idea what's going on here, so that (horrible) joke's all I've got.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Cecilo said:

"I feel that man-hating is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them. Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor"

"I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig. Andrea Dworkin"

"The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men. Sharon Stone"

"The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race. Sally Miller Gearhart, in The Future ? If There Is One ? Is Female"

"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience. Catherine Comins"

And I will await the inevitable "Those aren't real feminists" and the "Those are just taken out of context" or "Those are just jokes", because only women get to decide who is for what when it suits them.
Well, this guy Roosh does seem to be a legitimate piece of shit- I can't fathom him claiming to be a rapist in any positive light, and the core of PUA stuff is very misguided and must be combated. But I do understand your frustrations.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Cecilo said:
First of all, they did

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/586/586214.jpg

Second of all, this isn't an MRA/Feminist thing, Roosh actually dissociates himself from MRA.

This is a misogynist and rape advocate turning out to live in his mom's basement thing.

And it's HILARIOUS.

Plus demanding that someone mock someone on the opposite side of the spectrum out of some concept of fairness just feels forced.

Sep 24, 2008
Cecilo said:

Oh, no. They are real feminists.

And they are wrong.

Just like this guy is wrong.

There is a difference between the Followers of a Movement and the Fringes of a movement.

On the Base, Feminists want equal rights.

Then you go to the different levels of Feminists. Some think that the Patriarchy needs to be subverted for the Matriarchy. Some think all men are rapists waiting to happen. Some want equal pay for equal work (the fiends!). The message STARTED as Equal rights between Genders. And certain fractions took the idea and amped it up or dialed it down. With every movement.

I'll be very, very honest... I'm not really sure what the movement this Roosh guy is a subsect of. But I'm sure there are people more militant than he is. And I'm sure there are people in the same movement who thinks he is extreme.

So, my point is thus; Picking people who are inherently wrong to compare to another person who is inherently wrong doesn't disprove or prove anything. It just deadlocks the issue. To say all of a movement is encapsulated by those we vehemently abhor ignores the truth about humanity that there is no black or white, but every perceivable type of grey imaginable.

Brush off the loud haters, talk moderately with those who will listen, move on with life.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
shirkbot said:
McMarbles said:
Silly goose, mules don't eat straw :p

But seriously, I have no idea what's going on here, so that (horrible) joke's all I've got.
Here's what I've gathered: some guy wanted to hold a rally/panel/get-together/seminar/whatever so that he could spread his belief that rape should be legal while in/on private property. Backlash ensued, naturally, and the rally/panel/get-together/seminar/whatever was cancelled.

Apparently this situation has caused everyone to once again shit their pants and start barking at one another.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
That baseball cap look gets me every time <3

Booking my next ticket to Facehugger's next conference ASAP.
Don't hate the playa', hate the game.