Batman is exactly why I don't PC game

UrinalDook

Jan 7, 2013
ForumSafari said:
Phoenixmgs said:
I'm a PC tech, I build my own computers too. I even tweak Windows as well, disabling a bunch of services and programs, doing some registry edits, etc. I really use no other Microsoft software other than Windows itself like I don't use Windows Media Player, Firewall, Defender, even automatics updates are disabled. I don't even have an anti-virus install as there's no point because on the extreme rarity that I get one, restoring an image is faster than running the anti-virus. I game on a console primarily (I do play some PC games) not because it's pre-built but because it allows me to spend more time gaming instead of trying to fix shit.
Oh Christ, you're one of those. You know, the tweaks and registry hacks are probably contributing to the issues you face right? That and the fact you're not pulling updates that patch issues newer software is built around having fixed.
Didn't you read? He doesn't use Windows Media Player! This guy's a fucking PC genius. I've been trying for years to change my PC so I wouldn't have to use Media Player. I've tried everything. I've tried throwing rocks at it, I've tried jumping up and down on my chair screaming at it, I sacrificed my sister to the gods... Nothing worked.

He's even disabled automatic updates, which is great because, y'know, there's all those viruses Microsoft keep putting out. I've got their number. Sell me an OS and then give me viruses so I have to buy a new one. OP's one smart ************ avoiding all that.

Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Last time I was on Ops with the military I tried playing Battlefield II. I had pre installed it before I left because I know the internet is not very good when we are away. It's good enough to open pages (eventually) but drops in and out a lot and cannot stream (not even YouTube).

I started the game... all well and good... then had the issue. No sound. Nothing. I had just finished Dust, and from the high that left me this sound issue left me broken. What is a Star Wars game without the trademark wooshes and pews?

I trawled the net looking for fixes. Not many had my issue. Most people had said to re install... but I was sure it wouldn't need that. I moved drivers. Changed some text files. Copied the game into a different place... tried everything that I barely understood written by people who either speak in special techie language, or badly google translated engrish. My rage eventually boiled over, and left me a sobbing deflated wreck.

I took off my headphones, expecting to hear the hum of the Air Con flood back into the eerily silent void I had just been sitting in, to find it didn't. Air Con wasn't on. I looked at the headphones - pressed the button to show me the battery levels and... well... you know the rest.

It must have ran out between switching games... and it makes no noise when it does. With no ability to stream I had been using websites with no noise... Bastard things.

This is why I don't like PC games. If I had been playing my 3DS I would have known it was the headphones straight away!

What the hell are you talking about?

I mean, I'm sorry I'm being rude but... what? Maybe try again, all I'm getting is that you got really angry because... you're headphones ran out of batteries (?) ... and somehow this stopped the air conditioning working (!?) ... and it's all your PC's fault, and PC gaming isn't as good as the 3DS because of that?

To use the valley girl vernacular, I don't even.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Joccaren said:
AC Unity - exact same problems Batman is having, but on a console.
I guess that's why you don't console game right?

Or the original PS3 Skyrim problems where it'd just stop working after a certain amount of time due to shit optimisation.

Honestly, your argument is "I can fix it on the PC whilst I can't on consoles, so I prefer consoles".

Because this shit happens on both. Only one can easily fix it themselves though. For every Batman, there is an AC Unity.
Seriously, this is the problem with the whole PC vs Console war diehards. This isn't about the advantage of a PC or the advantage of a console - because this shit happens to both, and if anything, PC gets the advantage for being able to fix it.
The AC Unity and Skyrim issues were in the game on all platforms whereas the console version very rarely has more issues.

CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Rather than tell you the 800 other reasons why PC out-does console and how that makes your one point irrelevant, I'll stick to the one point you brought up.

1. It's a shitty dev/pub that causes this to happen.
2. You shouldn't be pre-ordering anyway (three cheers for Steam refunds btw).
3. It's still cheaper on PC in most places anyway.
4. Because that's never happened on console amiright? No. It's happened plenty of times on console, so saying you stick to console because of that is, well, a tad stupid.

There might be some small amount of reasons to take console over PC depending on the scenario, this is true, but you should stick to them instead of trying to flimsily argue that this is one of them.
The game plays the same on PC or console, prettier graphics don't enhance my gaming experience. I don't pre-order. It's cheaper on console because I can sell the game after I'm done, plus the console is cheaper.

lacktheknack said:
"In short, I simply do not believe you."

Unless you're referring to it straight up not turning on, in which case, why on earth would you bring up Batman? It turns on and functions, albeit poorly. So did Skyrim on the PS3. So did Assassin's Creed: Unity on every platform.
I never had a game not be playable. The issue that caused Skyrim's PS3 issues were on all platforms, it just occurred more on PS3. Plus, I don't buy Bethesda games because they can't write, which is rather important to freaking RPGs. I've never had a console game that I bought where I couldn't play it to a satisfactory degree.

Joccaren said:
Know what, all the game's I've bought recently have worked like a dream. Witcher 3 on recommended settings was fine [Upper settings only had the low FPS due to hardware], Galactic Civ III was fine, Kerbal Space Program is like a dream.

Why would I expect a PC game not to just work when they all have until now?
Personal experience ain't everything I'm afraid. You might not have been burned, but a lot of console users have been.
I've been on official message boards before just discussing the game and seen half the threads be about PC gamers literally not being able to play the game, like say Splinter Cell Blacklist.

RikuoAmero said:
Au contraire, OP. I got Elder Scrolls Online for PS4 and it has some serious bugs. Some of the quest NPCs are invisible (thus meaning I can't talk to them and hand in my quests), I STILL don't have my Explorer's Pack that I paid for. Console games do come buggy, just like PC games. I prefer PC games because generally, on PC, at least you have the potential to be able to fix the problem yourself. I can't do anything with my ESO game, since the PS4 is a locked down system.
Are those console specific issues or issues with the game? There's a difference between issues that happen on all platforms vs issues that only happen on one platform. The latter very rarely happens on consoles.

Charcharo said:
You do realize that these problems happen on consoles too, Phoenix?

Not in Batman this time, true. But they do happen.

And when they happen you are powerless. I dont like being powerless. Do you?
You might not have noticed but many people want to play this game on settings higher than what consoles can achieve. And they cant because it was coded by hairy whale people.

But sure. Be happy with mortal games on a mortal platform. I cant change you, unfortunately.
I've never had a game not play in a satisfactory manner. Plus, if there's an issue with a console game, it's usually an issue on all platforms, which is then a bug of the game, not the port. Prettier graphics doesn't make a game play better nor does it enhance my gaming experience, it's all about aesthetics, not graphic fidelity. It's like Fallout 4 is going to be all brown and grey regardless how high res the textures are or how many fps the game is running, you're just seeing more frames of brown and grey lol (yeah, I have no interest in Fallout 4).

ForumSafari said:
Oh Christ, you're one of those. You know, the tweaks and registry hacks are probably contributing to the issues you face right? That and the fact you're not pulling updates that patch issues newer software is built around having fixed.
I only made a few registry tweaks to change how Windows explorer looks (more like XP). Out of the 3 PC games I have right now (Divinity OS, Shadowrun Dragonfall, and Mark of the Ninja), I have no issues. I don't update anything unless it's required or because shit isn't working right. Chances are higher that an update will break something (not talking about games) vs fixing something. Last time I updated Firefox (as I figured I should since it was probably at least a year since I updated last), the GUI changed and it took me half an hour to get the new Firefox looking like the old Firefox. I also run an over 5 year old firewall because it's so light and the newer versions are shitty. Old software is quite often better and less bloated than new software (it's why oldversion.com exists). Why would I update something when it's running perfectly fine? I also have no anti-virus on my computer either, I'd bet all my money there's nothing on it but harmless tracking cookies at worst.

G00N3R7883

Feb 16, 2011
I'm pretty sure consoles have had their fair share of problems over the years too. Didn't Skyrim launch in a borderline unplayable state on one console? I'm sure there are more examples.

Anyway, the real statement that should come out of this mess is "Batman is exactly why I don't preorder video games". They pretty much all launch with some bugs, sometimes minor, sometimes major. Its always best to wait a few weeks or months to get the best experience.

Having said that, I guess if *everyone* waited, there would be nobody to identify the problems that the devs need to fix.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Alarien said:
I am not against consoles. I owned the last generation and most of the machines from every generation back to the initial Atari. However, the current generation of consoles is just a complete mess. They lack the things that make them competitive platforms and those are compelling first party/exclusive titles and comparable performance to PC at a reasonable price point and investment level. I have completely skipped the XboxOne this time around and probably never will get it and I own a PS4 solely for one game (Bloodborne) and as an overpriced Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Blu-ray player.
Firstly, the point of my thread wasn't console is better than PC. PC gamers mostly ignore all the pros of consoles while ignoring cons of the PC. My most anticipated games are currently The Last Guardian and Horizon, they won't be on PC. I'm not Sony fanboy either, only 1 Uncharted is good, only 1 God of War is good, etc. If consoles aren't competitive, then why do more people play most games on a console? I'd say that's very competitive. Building a PC with a $100 CPU and $100-$150 video card is basically right at $500, and that machine won't run the new games on high on 1080p at 60fps. Getting those better graphics costs much more than a console's $400 price tag. And, the PS4 is way better than last gen consoles; you can download/install everything in the background, it only takes about 2 minutes of prep to start playing your brand new game at worst.

Emanuele Ciriachi said:
So you will settle for a sub-par experience that costs more simply because you are not willing to learn how to maintain a PC in working order.
As long as it suits you...
I bet my PC is in better working order than yours and more efficient (literally the only thing in my system tray is my firewall). I'm a PC tech BTW.

Doom972 said:
being 3 meters away from the TV really broke immersion from me.

You really should let Windows update (Important updates only would suffice). Some games rely on those updates, but the developers sometimes neglect to mention specific needed updates. Registry edits can also have adverse effects you may have not taken into consideration.
Uhh... sit closer.

I play very few PC games. I don't update anything unless it's mandatory or something is not working. Updates have a habit of breaking more things than they fix. I only changed the look of Windows explorer with registry tweaks.

Happyninja42 said:
But the OP was making a blanket statement, using one example as to justify the stance that all PC ports are shit, which isn't the case. I at least presented multiple examples of games on a console that he seems to think were just fine. Because as he said "i know they will fucking work." And yet, they didn't work, in fact, some of them are infamous for not working. So either the OP didn't know about these examples, (which I doubt), or just felt like ignoring them to make his false statement. Which is why I pointed it out.
Lots more users have major issues with PC games every year vs every game I've ever played on a console (since NES) has worked. Game bugs that occur on all platforms are problems with game vs issues with a port of a game. I'm sure Fallout 4 will be buggy on every platform because the game will have bugs and its Bethesda, and I bet there is a much much greater chance there will be major issues for some PC users with Fallout 4 vs none of that for the console versions. On the Splinter Cell Blacklist forums when the game released, half the threads were about the PC game literally not running for players. I wasn't trying to say all PC ports are shit, I'm saying that a game I've been waiting to play and very excited for CAN/MAY end up having major issues for me getting running in a satisfactory manner on PC whereas that won't happen on a console.

Ezekiel said:
I blame consoles and their consumers for this. Building games for more than one platform when the PC can do it all is stupid. It leads to problems like this. If developers made games for a single platform, they would be much better optimized. Before someone talks to me about competition, there is competition on PC. Hardware manufacturers and software companies compete. The consoles are holding back the industry with artificial monopolies and closed off proprietary hardware.
Gaming is at a point where better hardware doesn't equal better gameplay. I don't see the PC pushing stuff like AI, just better graphics.

Happyninja42 said:
The OP is saying "Arkham Knight doesn't work! And that's why PC ports all suck! I know for a console that the game will work!"
Not at all what I said. The thread is literally Batman is the reason I don't PC game. How in the hell does that imply, every PC port sucks. I'm saying that a game I've been waiting to play and very excited for CAN/MAY end up having major issues for me getting running in a satisfactory manner on PC whereas that won't happen on a console.

Gundam GP01 said:
Actually, since the OP apparently counts 900p resolutions at 30 FPS as "Working," then Arkham Knight works exactly as well on PC as it does on console, which is the entire problem since the PC has greater hardware and FAR greater standards for performance and asset quality.
Because an extra 180p makes the game so much better!!! 60fps only really matters in fast-paced games.

UrinalDook said:
Didn't you read? He doesn't use Windows Media Player! This guy's a fucking PC genius. I've been trying for years to change my PC so I wouldn't have to use Media Player. I've tried everything. I've tried throwing rocks at it, I've tried jumping up and down on my chair screaming at it, I sacrificed my sister to the gods... Nothing worked.

He's even disabled automatic updates, which is great because, y'know, there's all those viruses Microsoft keep putting out. I've got their number. Sell me an OS and then give me viruses so I have to buy a new one. OP's one smart ************ avoiding all that.
What's the point of updating when everything is working fine? The only way to get a virus is downloading it yourself nowadays. I don't even see why anyone runs an anti-virus as restoring an image is way faster in the rare event you actually get a virus.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Charcharo said:
You are unique. The 1% of console gamers. Congrats.

"Usually" can often be a strong word :p .

Yes aesthetics are more important. I like both though :)
There's those few games you wait for and are very excited to play that you want to get on release. Chances are that game may/can have issues playing or running in a satisfactory manner on your PC whereas the console version won't.

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
The only drawback of PC gaming is incompetent developers and people thinking their toasters can play the newest games (ie, ID-10T error).

The drawback with console gaming is monopolized market places, lack of versatility, monetized online functionality and widespread propagation of consumer hostile practises, such as the decimation of LAN (Although also present on PC, the console manufacturers are motivated to remove it to force people to pay for their online "services"), the online passes turning half a physical game into a license, the push towards digital content on a closed system with market monopoly where basic functionality can cease at any time for any reason, turning your hardware into a useless brick etc.

I'd rather play on PC and wait for a patch (Read: Not buy the game until it is actually functional) than buy on a console and support the systematic exploitation of consumers those entail and the complacency that facilitates it.

Phoenixmgs said:
There's those few games you wait for and are very excited to play that you want to get on release. Chances are that game may/can have issues playing or running in a satisfactory manner on your PC whereas the console version won't.
No, the console version will just run like crap forever and it and it's tons of DLC will be priced higher for years to come.

Emanuele Ciriachi

Jun 6, 2013
Phoenixmgs said:
Emanuele Ciriachi said:
So you will settle for a sub-par experience that costs more simply because you are not willing to learn how to maintain a PC in working order.
As long as it suits you...
I bet my PC is in better working order than yours and more efficient (literally the only thing in my system tray is my firewall). I'm a PC tech BTW.
Maybe, I won't rule that out. In my company one of the senior sysadmins also plays on consoles despite being probably better than me at keeping a machine well-oiled and running (I'm a software developer myself). Which puzzles me even more as to why people with good technical skills would prefer a console.

Perhaps after working with PCs all day you guys are tired of dealing with one more?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Phoenixmgs said:
Doom972 said:
being 3 meters away from the TV really broke immersion from me.

You really should let Windows update (Important updates only would suffice). Some games rely on those updates, but the developers sometimes neglect to mention specific needed updates. Registry edits can also have adverse effects you may have not taken into consideration.
Uhh... sit closer.
It's a living room, you get the idea. I wasn't going to move furniture in a friend's living room.

I play very few PC games. I don't update anything unless it's mandatory or something is not working. Updates have a habit of breaking more things than they fix. I only changed the look of Windows explorer with registry tweaks.
So you knowingly open yourself to the possibility of a game not working out of the box. Windows updates are seamless and most of the time not very intrusive, so if you want things to run out of the box, you have to let it update automatically. Same goes for drivers as well. I'm sure that if you don't let your consoles update their firmware automatically, you'll find yourself staring at a download/installation screen when you try to run a recent game.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Doom972 said:
Windows updates are seamless and most of the time not very intrusive
"Hey! Hey! Hey, buddy! Hey, buddy! Hey! Fuck you, buddy, you must restart, tolololo".

Not intrusive? They are possibly the worst updates I've ever seen. Skype, I think, holds the first place, though...and that's also a Microsoft property. Why in the names of all the gods, would they force me to restart? Worse yet it keeps popping up that fucking reminder box. "Oh, you're doing something else? Screw that, imma take the focus off it. Oh, you were typing? Sure, not only would I take the focus away, but I'll interpret space as 'Press the button'." And yeah - the focused button is "restart now".

And worse yet it's not a straight restart either - sometimes you have to wait for the system to shut down because of the fucking updates. And sometimes you also need to wait on startup. Of course both aren't unusual either. And if you are installing a lot of updates, you may need to wait for your machine to shut down (installing updates...), start up (installing updates...), shutdown again (no - not doing anything, just restarts straight after installing updates...to install more updates), then start up (guess why! yes, to install more updates!!!).

If that's your definition of "not very intrusive", I really don't want to know what other update systems you've used. I can only imagine the patches are delivered on site by angry flaming venomous spiders with clown faces. Or something to that effect.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
DoPo said:
Doom972 said:
Windows updates are seamless and most of the time not very intrusive
"Hey! Hey! Hey, buddy! Hey, buddy! Hey! Fuck you, buddy, you must restart, tolololo".

Not intrusive? They are possibly the worst updates I've ever seen. Skype, I think, holds the first place, though...and that's also a Microsoft property. Why in the names of all the gods, would they force me to restart? Worse yet it keeps popping up that fucking reminder box. "Oh, you're doing something else? Screw that, imma take the focus off it. Oh, you were typing? Sure, not only would I take the focus away, but I'll interpret space as 'Press the button'." And yeah - the focused button is "restart now".

And worse yet it's not a straight restart either - sometimes you have to wait for the system to shut down because of the fucking updates. And sometimes you also need to wait on startup. Of course both aren't unusual either. And if you are installing a lot of updates, you may need to wait for your machine to shut down (installing updates...), start up (installing updates...), shutdown again (no - not doing anything, just restarts straight after installing updates...to install more updates), then start up (guess why! yes, to install more updates!!!).

If that's your definition of "not very intrusive", I really don't want to know what other update systems you've used. I can only imagine the patches are delivered on site by angry flaming venomous spiders with clown faces. Or something to that effect.
I said MOST of the time. Most updates install seamlessly. Some of those security updates are a completely different story.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Phoenixmgs said:
The AC Unity and Skyrim issues were in the game on all platforms whereas the console version very rarely has more issues.
Whilst I have not personally played AC Unity to know, Skyrim issue was exclusive to PS3. The X360 didn't have the issue, and PCs were so far beyond not getting the issue it wasn't funny. Funnily enough, today, PC is the most stable build of Skyrim with most of the bugs fixed in unofficial patches. Neat huh?

As for consoles rarely having more issues... its why my PC has never had an issue, but my mate's Xbox RRODd. Or why my PC doesn't overheat, but playing my Playstation I have to save, turn it off for ten minutes, then try again every couple of hours because that shit can't handle being in a video cabinet whilst my PC can handle being buried under a pile of books, clothes and next to my heating vent without giving a shit.

I'll grant, PC gamers get more shit ports, but that's because there are more games that can be ported from Console to PC than the other way around. Tell Firaxis to port Civ V to the PS4 and see how well it works for you. Odds are, it'll be shit. But then, that's why I don't buy consoles [innocent face]

I never had a game not be playable. The issue that caused Skyrim's PS3 issues were on all platforms, it just occurred more on PS3. Plus, I don't buy Bethesda games because they can't write, which is rather important to freaking RPGs. I've never had a console game that I bought where I couldn't play it to a satisfactory degree.
The memory issue that caused the problems was on all platforms, yes, however the PS3 was the only one to actually get affected by it at all because it had the shittest memory. X360s memory was better allocated, and thus could handle it, whilst the PC had so much memory it didn't know what to do with, and thus laughed in the face of that problem until you installed 20 mods or so, where it started running out of memory - until you installed the 4Gb memory patch that let it use even more memory.
So glad PC games have more problems than consoles. It would be terrible if that were the other way around sometimes...

I've been on official message boards before just discussing the game and seen half the threads be about PC gamers literally not being able to play the game, like say Splinter Cell Blacklist.
An effect that is very easily explained by the fact that those that have a bad experience are more likely to comment online than those who have the game work fine. There's also the fact that people on the PC know if they ask for help, there's likely to be something they can do - which means more people comment - as opposed to consoles where if it doesn't work you know there's nothing you can do, and just go return it for a refund instead.
Funnily enough though, I've seen plenty of console players complain about unplayable games too. Like the new Mortal Combat X for instance...

Are those console specific issues or issues with the game? There's a difference between issues that happen on all platforms vs issues that only happen on one platform. The latter very rarely happens on consoles.
Keep kidding yourself with that mate. It was true in the 90s to early 2000s, because you couldn't patch a console game post launch and have it be fixed. It isn't anymore.

I've never had a game not play in a satisfactory manner. Plus, if there's an issue with a console game, it's usually an issue on all platforms, which is then a bug of the game, not the port. Prettier graphics doesn't make a game play better nor does it enhance my gaming experience, it's all about aesthetics, not graphic fidelity. It's like Fallout 4 is going to be all brown and grey regardless how high res the textures are or how many fps the game is running, you're just seeing more frames of brown and grey lol (yeah, I have no interest in Fallout 4).
As a PC player, I've never had a game not play in a satisfactory manner either. Hell, even without needing to install patches would you believe it! For me, they've all worked right out of the box - amazingly enough even 30 year old games if I followed the instructions for installation properly [DOSBox FTW].
Funny how the platform that ports to other platforms doesn't have the bugs from being ported too... Weird that. Don't change the fact that console games end up with plenty of bugs too though.
Funnily enough, Fallout 4 will only be all brown and grey on Console. On PC not only are the higher res textures likely to bring out more detail and potentially colour, but modders will too. Oh what a time to be alive, where I could get a rainbow Fallout 4. For examples, see Battlefield 3 where PC modders removed the Blue overlay filter shit to make the game more colourful, even though DICE was like "NO".

But, as I said, funnily enough, these are your personal experiences, and don't contribute to the PC vs Console war as a whole. Your personal preferences and experiences don't carry over to the masses, and really you can't make the claim that PCs are less stable and consoles more, purely based off your own ideology and anecdote. Funnily enough, when confronted with this, you just pull up more of your own ideology as defence, or say "Others had problems too...". Great. Doesn't help prove your point though.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
Can we get an estimate of number of console and pc games you have and played and also if there are new games in there or not?
My own example is skyrim. Me and my friend both bought it a week after launch. I got it on pc and he got it on 360. I didnt know about modding back then so i was running vanilla skyrim. The only bug i ran into in over 200 hours of play was the esbern bug (sound files missing. Downloaded some files it was fixed.) And getting stuck in a wall (used tcl to get out) while my friend got into a variety of bugs. From people vanishing to quests breaking etc. Now i know i was lucky i didnt run into them but its the same as your arguement op. It worked in a satisfactory manner for me. So thats why i dont use consoles.
(On the skyrim bit go to uesp.net and check some random quests for bugs. You will be surprised how many of them are console exclusive or are fixed by unofficial patches on pc)

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
UrinalDook said:

Elementary - Dear Watson said:

What the hell are you talking about?

I mean, I'm sorry I'm being rude but... what? Maybe try again, all I'm getting is that you got really angry because... you're headphones ran out of batteries (?) ... and somehow this stopped the air conditioning working (!?) ... and it's all your PC's fault, and PC gaming isn't as good as the 3DS because of that?

To use the valley girl vernacular, I don't even.
For someone who had just used sarcasm i'm surprised you didn't pick up on mine. Sorry for being British and having the higher level wit. Next time would you like me to post a picture of someone holding up a green sign to show i'm serious, and a red sign if not?

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Phoenixmgs said:
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Rather than tell you the 800 other reasons why PC out-does console and how that makes your one point irrelevant, I'll stick to the one point you brought up.

1. It's a shitty dev/pub that causes this to happen.
2. You shouldn't be pre-ordering anyway (three cheers for Steam refunds btw).
3. It's still cheaper on PC in most places anyway.
4. Because that's never happened on console amiright? No. It's happened plenty of times on console, so saying you stick to console because of that is, well, a tad stupid.

There might be some small amount of reasons to take console over PC depending on the scenario, this is true, but you should stick to them instead of trying to flimsily argue that this is one of them.
The game plays the same on PC or console, prettier graphics don't enhance my gaming experience. I don't pre-order. It's cheaper on console because I can sell the game after I'm done, plus the console is cheaper.
You can't sit there and tell me a better looking game isn't better than a worse looking game, all other things equal.
You can buy and sell a physical copy of the PC version too, so your point is moot. And that version will STILL be cheaper to buy.
The console isn't cheaper. This: http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds#wiki_the_next-gen_crusher out-does it slightly performance wise to my understanding (and carries all the advantages of a PC). Factor in the fact that console games tend to cost more, the controllers can cost god knows how much, paying for online each month to use your own internet, the fact that PC has abundant sales, the fact that PC has a metric fuckton of free games etc, etc, the even if the PC isn't cheaper in the short term (depending on what build you want), give it a year or so and you'll have saved more money than buying a console AND gotten a better experience.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Morgoth780 said:
It's not like console games don't launch completely broken - ac unity being one of the more high profile examples.
This. Just as many examples of shitty console releases as there are PC releases. It just seems like more on the PC because a lot more games are released on the PC...

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
MercurySteam said:
The Steam forums are like the 'Ask Yahoo' of the PC gaming world.

"Ask Yahoo" being a popular site that is comprised of a large body of users.

Were you trying to agree with me? Because you seem to be making my point for me.
Steam forums are often the first port of call for people when thing's are broke and they don't know why, that doesn't mean it's the best place. Better to go to the official game forums and report to the mods rather than moping around on Steam forums. Point is now moot, as they've suspended sales of the game on Steam. PC version was just not ready, reinforcing my point to be wary of day one releases of AAA games.