Battlefield 3 Sells a Lot

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
I was actually hoping against all logic that it would bomb, just so EA would be forced to dump it's stupid attempt to force ORigin down our throats.

Oh well.

(Goes back to playing Battlefield 3)

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, I guess this is good news. Haven't been planning on buying the game myself, not that big of a fan of BF3.

meglathon

Oct 9, 2008
BF3 has been my first jump into the Battlefield franchise and i have to say that I am very much enjoying it. However, i percussed the game on PC but i will most likely also buy MW3 for my 360, since after playing BF3, and being a fan of the CoD franchise, i have to say that there both different animals that give a very different fix in the online FPS market.

So in my opinion the "war" the two franchises have going is in my opinion bases less, since the only common denominator is that there both modern military shooters.

meglathon

Oct 9, 2008
TestECull said:
I feel sorry for those five million players. They spent sixty dollars on a game that should only be sold for half that, seeing as half the game is a dull, unplayable, linear corridor shooter with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Ya'll been ripped off. You paid full price for half of a game, AND you get to run some spyware every time you play it for your trouble!

All the more reason not to buy either game this year, I doubt MW3 will be any better.
After putting about 10h in the multiplayer and 45min in the campaign and 0 time in co-op, i have to say that i feel comply and utterly satisfied with the 60$(Canadian$) i spent on the PC version of the game. yes it bugy, yes it can be soul crushing to play and no you will loose no matter what you do(but i also play LoL so i'm used to it :p), BUT, the game is extremely satisfying to play, pushing point in rush, shooting down jets and choppers, clearing and area, to drop a swan point to grab points, coming in with a TANK and give desperat support to your team.
BF3 is wroth the money to buy right now if you can, i went out to buy Toohuman on lauch day for 70(Canadian$), and that my friend is a massive rip off

TeacakeWeasel

Feb 18, 2010
Ah, it's good to see the old EA slowly returning from the dead, the EA that focuses solely on profit margins rather making an interesting game, so when are they going to start outsourcing to other companies in order to make yearly updates?

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Enkidu88 said:
I was actually hoping against all logic that it would bomb, just so EA would be forced to dump it's stupid attempt to force ORigin down our throats.

Oh well.

'Yeah, hate that they shoved origin down my throat, but brought the game anyway.' That's telling em. And now you know why it did not bomb, everyone else has your attitude.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Now, will EA win twice and have a similar thing happen with Old Republic?
more like WHEN will they have a similar thing happen with the Old Republic (and I mean that for Bioware's sake, TOR MMO is EA's most expensive title ever so yeah, 5 million subscribers and put a dent into WoW or else Bioware's got a problem)

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
ph0b0s123 said:
Enkidu88 said:

Oh well.

'Yeah, hate that they shoved origin down my throat, but brought the game anyway.' That's telling em. And now you know why it did not bomb, everyone else has your attitude.
Your sarcasm detection software must be malfunctioning. Unless of course, mine is, and then we're gonna get into a paradoxical chicken-egg thing here.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Enkidu88 said:
ph0b0s123 said:
Enkidu88 said:

Oh well.

Your sarcasm detection software must be malfunctioning. Unless of course, mine is, and then we're gonna get into a paradoxical chicken-egg thing here.[/quot

You may need to spell it out what part of your comment was sarcastic, that you don't like Origin, or that you brought the game anyway?

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
im surprised they have such a high number, even when many people are against origin. unless they just say it to make people believe that origin is harmless and that the game is great. with this, MW3 is better off and if i have to choose between BF3 and MW3, i sure go for MW3.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Metalrocks said:
im surprised they have such a high number, even when many people are against origin. unless they just say it to make people believe that origin is harmless and that the game is great. with this, MW3 is better off and if i have to choose between BF3 and MW3, i sure go for MW3.
Most people probably either don't know nor care about Origin.

And the people that supposedly care are highly likely to crack when all their friends who don't care are having fun playing the game.

And of the people who do care, probably less than 5% were willing to contact EA explaining why they didn't purchase their game. After all, it's not like EA can read minds to know that's why their numbers weren't as high as they could be.

Of the people who contacted EA, most probably sent an email when they should have used regular mail which is far harder to ignore.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Honestly I just finished the campaign, it wasn't very good, I wanted to like it so bad, due to spending money on it, I can't force myself to like it.

Then I tried the online and the server is down, really origin I hate everything you stand for.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Midnight Crossroads said:
Most people probably either don't know nor care about Origin.

And the people that supposedly care are highly likely to crack when all their friends who don't care are having fun playing the game.

And of the people who do care, probably less than 5% were willing to contact EA explaining why they didn't purchase their game. After all, it's not like EA can read minds to know that's why their numbers weren't as high as they could be.

Of the people who contacted EA, most probably sent an email when they should have used regular mail which is far harder to ignore.
from what i could read and saw on youtube (mainly in germany. i know german so no probs with understanding) people rather found out about it later. its really a small amount i have read who dont care or think origin its like steam or facebook.

yes, EA surely cant know why but im sure they have gotten tones of complains regarding origin because (at least in germany) EA ensured that origin will not scan private stuff and also changed few things in the agreement but in the end, its still doing the same as before.

at the moment im not so up sad about it since im not really a fan of BF. my main concern is that ME3 might need origin which really pisses me off. if that would be the case, i think i will write a complaint to EA regarding origin.
email or normal mail. they cant ignore it. i hope this will change soon, otherwise ME3 will not be on my pc.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
ph0b0s123 said:
You may need to spell it out what part of your comment was sarcastic, that you don't like Origin, or that you brought the game anyway?
It was mainly to illustrate the hypocrisy that you pointed out in my sarcastic post. That tons of people claimed they would boycott the game because of Origin...and then people just bought it anyway.

I'm glad to see gamers in Germany at least are doing a bit better than us.