Bayonetta 3 Thread

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
She's bigger. Which makes whole situation weird, cause Hale for sure collected more than 4k for that.
That's why this decision is so weird, they're paying more for an actor that probably won't bring that many people in.

Anyway I hope Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope doesn't have any controversies because I need a game to be excited for this October.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
it's kind of funny that Activision and Ubisoft will probably have the least controversial AAA releases this October
Overwatch 2. Don't even bother with the whole Activision and Blizzard are separate entities argument. They're part of the same corporation with the same shitty owner, same board of directors, and same flunky bosses in charge. AB and Ubisoft's asses are still grass for me due to the sexual assault and racism. That is all I will say on the matter.

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Overwatch 2. Don't even bother with the whole Activision and Blizzard are separate entities argument They part of the same corporation with the same shitty owner, board of directors, and flunky bosses in charge. Both of their asses are still grass for me due to the sexual assault and racism. That is all I will say on the matter.
oh yeah forgot about OverWatch came out this month...

It's funny that Ubisoft will be the company to have the least controversial game in October

Last edited:

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
It's amazing to me how many people who claim to support voice actors are turning on Taylor for this.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's amazing to me how many people who claim to support voice actors are turning on Taylor for this.
Because she broke NDA rules, and the people turning against her either have an axe to grind against the character she played, or the corporate sucking hypocrites only care about voice actors that are big names and will tell anyone else to fuck off.

Yeah, it's pretty much Nintendo's fault and low-balling Helena. This is not even the first time Nintendo has done this and explains why they don't use voice acting much in most of their 1st party games. They've always found ways to be cheap, and the signs were already there during the GameCube era. Fuck off Nintendo. BTW Simmons (YoVideoGames), Bayonett 2 sold 345k copies on Switch and more than what was on the Wii U. Nintendo was satisfied with those numbers, and Switch copies of the game broke to 1.04 million as of December 31, 2021. His point still stands on being a niche franchise.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I mean, even if it's industry rate $4000 and no residuals is garbage pay for a main character with presumably many cutscenes regardless. Neither Platinum nor Nintendo are scrappy indie companies
This was already a thing during GTA4 when the voice actor for Niko Belic spoke out against how little he was paid, by Rockstar no less. It eventually faded from the news and this most likely will as well.

Voice actors are treated like shit and there seems to be very little anyone can do about it. Even the "cool" game studios aren't immune to this.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Because she broke NDA rules, and the people turning against her either have an axe to grind against the character she played, or the corporate sucking hypocrites only care about voice actors that are big names and will tell anyone else to fuck off.

Yeah, it's pretty much Nintendo's fault and low-balling Helena. This is not even the first time Nintendo has done this and explains why they don't use voice acting much in most of their 1st party games. They've always found ways to be cheap, and the signs were already there during the GameCube era. Fuck off Nintendo. BTW Simmons (YoVideoGames), Bayonett 2 sold 345k copies on Switch and more than what was on the Wii U. Nintendo was satisfied with those numbers, and Switch copies of the game broke to 1.04 million as of December 31, 2021. His point still stands on being a niche franchise.
Shouldn't the people who hate the character she played be more supportive of her since this kind of gives Platinum a black eye?

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Going to play devil's advocate here but if this was about being cheap they would not have gotten more expensive voice acter. I honestly do not think Nintendo was the main deciding factor here, they probably just didn't care who was voicing the character as long as Platinum was making a good game, because Nintendo as a studio doesn't seem to care much for story.

If I had to guess Nintendo's crime here would be more apathy or maybe not even care enough to check why they replace the voice actor. it's still a shitty thing for a company to do but Platinum seems to be the main deciding factor here.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Going to play devil's advocate here but if this was about being cheap they would not have gotten more expensive voice acter. I honestly do not think Nintendo was the main deciding factor here, they probably just didn't care who was voicing the character as long as Platinum was making a good game, because Nintendo as a studio doesn't seem to care much for story.

If I had to guess Nintendo's crime here would be more apathy or maybe not even care enough to check why they replace the voice actor. it's still a shitty thing for a company to do but Platinum seems to be the main deciding factor here.
Nintendo is still responsible, apathy or not. Platinum Games are usually cool with their voice actors, but their hands clearly tied by Nintendo. Odds are they tried vouching for giving her something more, but Nintendo wasn't having it. Nintendo gave them the funding for both games, so there is not much of a battle they can do against Big N. Fuck the devil's advocate, it's plain corporate greed. Plain and simple. Nintendo knew what they did. Platinum shares some responsibility, but I assume they tried.