Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

Taneer

Sep 1, 2008
Portal 2...WHY THE HELL CAN'T I TELL WHERE I CAN AND CAN'T PLACE A PORTAL?!

How could you do this so perfectly in Portal 1, and yet not in 2. I know it's petty, but at some point, someone sat down and said, "Let's change up the interface, adding little to the game, and removing a basic function that greatly improved the first game."

Eklyx

Jul 2, 2009
Fallout New Vegas had no random encounters. There are encounters, but they're the same in every file; I feel this is the biggest disadvantage it has working against it.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Dear Smash Bros. Brawl,

1. Your custom stage builder was THE MOST skin-and-bones level editor I've ever seen in any game ever.

2. Ridley was a throwaway boss despite metroid STILL only being represented by one fighter. (zero suit samus, who is in fact, still samus, does not count).

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
M.E. 1 & 2

I like my fem!shep, I think she looks alright for what you gave me to put her together, but I hate your character creator, and most of the options.

And Mass Effect,.... your vehicle handling - what the fudge is that about? No really. Seriously.

Edit: Also...Little Big Planet (2) - depth perception,.....

beastly97

Nov 16, 2010
red dead redemption,
the ending to it and how they make you play as a new character afterwards, sorry if i spoiled a part of the game for you.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
2 games that i loved: TLOZ Windwaker and Tales of Vesperia. Windwaker had an annoying aiming system. The only problem with Tales of Vesperia is that the other Tales games aren't coming out on Xbox 360.

Flig

Nov 24, 2009
Nier's fetch quests were just so damn tedious, and I didn't like that the B, C, and D endings were identical in gameplay and story, save for the final scene. I liked discovering the backstory throughout my B playthrough, C and D just disappointed me.

Alpha Protocol, well it's flaws have been pointed out plenty of times, however I was more upset that Sis and Albatross and the whole of G22 weren't fleshed out more. So much backstory only hinted at. Shame that it isn't getting a sequel...could've been great.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Mass Effect 1: Shepard is too fat to sprint, and when he does its only for a second
Mass Effect 2: Most of the choices you made in the first game really only culminated in spam in the second
Borderlands: Repetitive and shallow, they could have flushed out that world so much. And the story isn't there.
Oblivion: 5 voice actors, and Patrick Stewart dies right away.
Brink: Could have done a lot more with the story and the single player, great potential for commentary on classes there that is only slightly touched on in the audio logs.
Bioshock: No replay value.
STALKER: Burers, fucking burers. Also, pretty much every glitch, and every other thing listed in this thread. Great series, but flawed.
EDIT:
Red Dead Redemption: Jack Marston's voice.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
I love all of the Metal Gear series (Metal Gear Solid 2 excepted) but if I had to pick a fault... it would be Revolver Ocelot seemed way too corny in 3. I like his character but in 3, he was REALLY corny.

dragonhunter21

Feb 6, 2011
Hitman: Blood Money.

WHY oh WHY did you not have an SDK?

(also, the AI in general was sorta crap- animations sucked, and the guards had a penchant for shooting you for crimes that weren't very bad- like stealing a videotape.)

Edit: Also, Starcraft 2. (I don't play online multiplayer out of personal preference, but I do enjoy a good AI game.) Any game where a legitimate (arguably necessary) strategy is to blockade your base with supply structures and another is to use fast, cheap units to assault your enemy's base from behind is just... off, in my opinion. Also, any game in which a computer can figure out the optimal part of one of the biggest strategic parts of the game is just wrong. Still, great, great fun to boot up now and again for a change of pace.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Okami I love you but the F*CKING waggle! Why! Can you tell me your older sisters number on the ps2?

Matt Seegz

May 5, 2011
Assassin's Creed 2 and Bro's in the Hood: While I enjoyed the parkour-style sandbox/platforming aspect, story, characters and historical fiction, the fighting mechanics are frustrating to the point that unless you learn how to pull off an instant kill move, you're fucked.

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
God of War 3. I've defended your story on many occasions, but...damn. Theres some major holes in that (most of which I can cover up with reasons that kinda actually make sense...kinda).

Oh, and wouldn't it be awesome if Aphrodite had Kratos's son? And you played as him in the next game? You would have to save humanity and shove everything back into the underworld. Maybe even fight the minor gods that Kratos didn't kill who are attempting to take power. It would completely validate Aphrodite staying alive. Also, shes pretty neutral. Thats why she didn't die. And the sex thing.

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011
AC2: Quick chase that guy! [accidentally runs up wall, hangs off at chest height, target gets away] GODDAMMYOUF*CKF*CKF*CKF*CKF*CK

Issue may be player related

wynnsora

Nov 16, 2009
Jockey's. I could say something more profound but l4d2, Jockey's. I swear to god they're attracted to me! They always jump me when I'm doing something like healing. They walk me into witches. I swear to god in a versus round I got jumped by every Jockey that spawned! I love that game, but Jockey's ruin everyone's day. Always. Forever.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
drummodino said:
Hmmm I'm gonna say MW2 and the incomprehensible plot.

Seriously why does Shepard go rouge? I honestly have no idea, even though it was very predictable.

Vanquish for having melee use up all of your suit's power in just one attack. Also Just Cause 2 and its lack of variation in enemies.

Still three of the best games I've ever played.
He goes rouge because he feels the world needs patriots and by causing the whole problem he can cross everyone and fix it so he'll end up being a patriot.
Took me 12 playthroughs to figure out.