Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Disgaea series (and every JRPG I own, for that matter, save FF13)

All of these games still have the archaic dump to menu when you die- Well, except FF13, whose system I consider probably too forgiving.

I don't think that remembering to save the game after every single fricking encounter, just in case the next one has a difficulty spike and you find yourself utterly outmatched, should be part of the challenge.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be punished when I lose, just not with progress. Maybe money? Or something?

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Kenko said:
Mount & Blade. The NPC lords can flee if they raid a village and too many enemies approach, but I cant even move? The fuck! *Mutters something about 40 guys having to fight 1200 guys and losing expensive gear after battle.*
My problem pertains more to the gear itself, in that after playing for only two days I had the best armour available.

Assassin's Creed (the first, as that's the only one I've really liked so far:) Your health bar gets pretty huge and it regenerates over time, making things fairly unchallenging, and being taken out of the animus every few missions is irritating. Plus, you know, the ending.

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
In Oblivion I hate the retarded conversations that NPCs have with eachother.

I hate how far fetched everything about the Assassin's Creed series is after the first game (as if the first wasn't far fetched enough)

I hate how little of a challenge Fable is.

I don't like the melodrama in the Metal Gear and Ace Combat series. (Also the way that the Japanese portray Americans in pretty much any game. good or not)

And I hate how its unnecessarily difficult to run and shoot at the same time in Grand Theft Auto 4.

And I don't like whoever does the voice of Garalt in The Witcher. Or Altiar in Assassin's Creed for that matter. Who actually talks like that?

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
Dragon Age Origins was way to long for my liking, even though I enjoyed every playthrough. The pacing was all over the place.

TheEldestScroll said:
And I hate how its unnecessarily difficult to run and shoot at the same time in Grand Theft Auto 4.
Well in San Andreas you had to have a reasonably high skill in what weapon you were using inorder to strafe and shoot at the same time. GTA4 was trying to be "realistic" in that naturally you wouldn't be sprinting for your life, and taking the time to aim and fire.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
NAVI, SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU TOO, GAEBORA! YOU TOO, SHEIK! EVERYONE SHUT UP AND LET ME BEAT THESE BOSSES FOR THE EIGHTH TIME!
Also, Super Mario Galaxy needs true multiplayer. Galaxy 4 (3 is obviously going to the 3DS) had better have online multiplayer, Nintendo!

kellith1stnonly

Feb 24, 2011
Custard_Angel said:
Banjo Tooie.

The Canary Mary challenge in the final level was fucking impossible. Seriously.

I haven't seen anyone that could beat it without the use of a turbo controller...

Canary Mary was the single reason that I never 100% completed Banjo Tooie.

Forever I will be stuck with the 99.8% completion that I have.

I love x1000 Banjo-Tooie, but I completely forgot about Canary Mary-- I had to look it up on YouTube. Can't remember if I even beat her... maybe the whole race was just so terrible that I blocked the memory out? o__o

Anyway, the first disappointment I can think of for a game I loved is Heavy Rain. Maybe it was just me, but I went into the game with the impression that the actual killer would be someone different depending on how you played the game, but unfortunately... it's always the same damn person. All we get are a few different cutscenes for the main characters.

Also, Silent Hill 4, for one reason only: The Ghosts. If not for them and their cheating invincibility, the game would have been perfect. I still love it just for the story, but it's definitely the worst of the series.

The entire Resident Evil series: Why can't they ever do a really intense, challenging final boss fight (without the token, "Hey, here's this handy rocket launcher you can use to kill him in one hit!)? What a letdown.

Final Fantasy IX: I still, to this day, have no idea who or what that final boss was.

pwned123456

Feb 4, 2011
killzone 3 i mean it was short but fun so no complaints there but me and my friend were playing co op and noticed that they left player 2 behind every time were does he go during cutscenes

Hoagster51

Jun 8, 2010
Fifa 11. Shitty terrible player progression in manager mode. arrg.
Halo 3. the Level in the flood ship. When you are loving a game and pull an all nighter becasue you actually cant put the controller down and then hit a level SO SO BAD that you dont touch the campaign for more then 6 months you know something is wrong.

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
bussinrounds said:
Baldurs Gate games - The party members pathfinding gets a little wacky sometimes
Thats why solo runthroughs suddenly cut quite a lot of time from the game. That is if you are really good at AD&D ruleset.

A Free Man

May 9, 2010
This is so easy for me so I'll just leave you with this

Game I love: Mount & Blade
What I hated: With Fire and Sword.

Enough said I believe? Quite possibly the biggest disappointment of my experience with games.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Ocarina of Time - The Owl and Navi talk too much, they literally break my concentration at times.

Super Metroid - It shits me that I find the last boss so easy, I really wish they made it as challenging as Ridley at least.

Half-Life 2 - I can't think of anything I hate about it right now but this lacks awesome boss fights. The alien helicopter things and the striders are fun and all, but it would have been a lot more interesting if something new came in every now and again that I didn't know the weakness too.

Super Smash Brothers Melee - Well, the only thing I really hate is that Fox and Marth were commonly used in tournaments because they were over-powered.

Lineage 2 - Not exactly a problem with the game but in the game. I just wished the mods did something about the bots and farmers. I bloody well hate them! They're more annoying than Navi!

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
Planescape: Torment had an annoying dungeon you had to go through to get a cool party member.

Dragon Age Origin- doing ht fate and deeproads again on a replay.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
God of War made my thumbs go numb and gave me wrist pain after a few hours. That's all I got.

Sharalon

Jan 19, 2011
The way I sometimes got stuck on stupid things in Half-Life. May just have been me, but sometimes I just felt kind of lost and didn't know if I was done in a room, so I could go back or not. It made me feel really stupid sometimes when I backtracked all the way back to the door I thought I had opened, just to realize that I would have to go all the way back and pull another switch.

Don't really think I can hold it against the game, but that's not really puzzle solving thats just pulling every lever you can find and hoping it's the right one. Didn't get that feeling at all in the sequel though... Yay, Valve understands me!

Drunkbot

Nov 9, 2010
Bushido Blade 2 had some truly atrocious voice acting and cut scenes. And the gun bosses were annoying as hell to knockdown and then mortally attack.

Disgaea 1 - The plot
Disgaea 2 - The characters

Star Ocean: Till the End of TIme - I loved this game up until the plot twist. It is the worst plot twist ever. After that, I lost interest in the story entirely, played through the game skipping all cut scenes, finally got to the final boss, tried him once with no knowledge of what he would do, lost, and never played the game again.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Resident Evil 5: AI Sheva being so painfully incompetant I literally scream in rage at the TV on anything higher then Normal difficulty. WHY DID'T SHE HEAL ME WHEN I WAS DYING, SHE WAS RIGHT NEXT TO ME!?!

Metal Gear Solid 4: The insanely skilled players who can headshot you in the blink of an eye online and trying to get the Big Boss rating is quite simply impossible. God-damn motorbike section >_>

Battlefied Bad Company 2: I loved the multiplayer but the singer player story was pretty subpar.

Killzone 3: Story, story ending, the ISA, messed up multiplayer classes and weaponary being limited.

Atlys

is best pony
Mar 3, 2011
Portal 2: All the gel! When they introduced gel it was like I was playing a completely different game. A terrible one. Cave Johnson was cool though. I hated that gel!