Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

House_Vet

Dec 27, 2009
Kakujin said:
The main character of FFX had no personality and an annoying English voice.
Seriously, if you think that's English you're sadly mistaken. T'was one of the most grating american accents I've ever heard. Oh, and Yuna sounded too airy-fairy for my liking. But it's still my favourite game of all time...

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
mireko said:
Persona 3 has Fuuka. And an entire month in which you do nothing.
I'm playing through Persona 3 at the moment and while I'm loving it I hate Ikutski and Fuuka. While the voice acting for the most part is excellent, especially with Takaya, Junpei and Akihiko, Fuuka and Ikutski-while still injecting plenty of emotion into each line-have these ducking weird speech patterns. They sound so unnatural. Another thing that bothers me with it is that the game doesn't make full use of the anime cutscenes. The character animations don't do the (for the most part) excellent voice acting justice and the cutscenes are so few and far between.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Lovely day for a double post chaps.

note to self: learn difference between reply and quote.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Hyper-space said:
bliebblob said:
Hyper-space said:
Mass Effect 2: "Calibrations", nuff' said.[sub]why don't you want to be a bro, Garrus ;_;[/sub]

Oblivions: Stop right there criminal scum *get stared down by Captain Omnipotence*
Oh god yes. I lost count of how many times one of them came running from over 6 miles away because I accidentaly hit a companion. Leave me alone you vulture! It's not my fault fighting alongside companions doesn't work for **** in this game!
Than I have to fasttravel ( no way I'm walking all the way back, suspension of disbelief be damned! ) back and he is still there. Than he takes a look at the 6 trolls i was dealing with and thinks "looks legit" and walks away. It's even worse when said companion IS a guard, they just turn around in the middle of a fight and demand 80 gold with a dead serious look.
Lol, i never had a companion, so i spared myself a mountain of problems. And man, if that b*tch guard decides to take some coin from you, you just pickpocket that a-hole.
I tried a companion mod once, supposedly the best one. NOT worth it. But I was talking about those moments where you are not the only one fighting. The final mission of knights of the nine and the fight at the great gate at Bruma were particularly nasty clusterf*cks.
Not to mention how annoying it was to have those epic moments ruined because you accidentaly hit one of the soldiers and he goes "oh NO you DIDN'T :mad: Okay everybody STOP. Nobody is going anywhere until this cracker pays me 80 GOLD *dead serious stare* "

Matt-Sama

Oct 31, 2009
Windwaker probably is my all time favourite game but the quest to collect all the triforce shards is ALWAYS slow and boring to get through. I'm on auto pilot during those moments.

Kakujin

Oct 19, 2008
House_Vet said:
Kakujin said:
The main character of FFX had no personality and an annoying English voice.
Seriously, if you think that's English you're sadly mistaken. T'was one of the most grating american accents I've ever heard. Oh, and Yuna sounded too airy-fairy for my liking. But it's still my favourite game of all time...
No of course I am very aware of the fact that it's an American accent, but the language is still called English. And yes, Yuna sounds devoid of any emotion, but she at least shuts up more, and the difference in quality between the original voice and the English one is not as huge as it is with our protagonist...

jml spells jumle

Oct 15, 2010
Hamish Durie said:
fallout 3 you know i love but i swear to god if you freeze on me and delete all my saves one more time!
That's why you need it for a PC, save it around 600 times, then just delete them up until the last (around) ten immediately from the folder. Cheating probably made it crash even more, but worth it.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Xenogears - I'm going to forgo the obligatory 2nd disk issues and go to another personal dislike: Climbing that goddamn babel tower. 3 sections and if you mistime one, which is incredibly easy if an encounter pops up as you're trying to do it which occurs all the damn time, it tends to drop you all the way down to the bottom of the section and you have to work your way back up. Considering that you have to do this in gears with limited fuel and nothing for refueling until the final section, it's an exercise in frustration.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 4: THOSE BLOODY ROBOT BALLS!!! They were so stupid. Oh and we must not forget...NANOMACHINES!!!

The Darkness: You massacre a bunch of people on the street where your girlfriend lives and she doesn't mention hearing gunshots or anything. Also looking back, the gameplay seems very basic.

They are still great games though.

Suicidal_Ferret

Aug 9, 2010
I hated Bad Company's AI.
They always seemed to know where I was. Which sucks because I prefer to play stealthy.

Bad Company 2
I don't like how it's more "serious". Haggard used to be the comedy relief but in 2, he was all...menacing. And not nearly as funny. Not to say there wasn't anything funny in the 2nd one it's just...not the same.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
The multiplayer. I suck at it. I spend 5 minutes stalking my guy just to have it 1) stolen from me, 2) I get stunned, and/or 3) I get killed right when I go for the kill. And yet, I can never stun someone else. I'm at the point where I'm just happy to not finish last.

Salem_Wolf

Jul 9, 2009
Cool Welshy said:
Portal 2: Wheatley turning out to be a villain.

Some British villains shouldn't become British villains.
Really? For a game barely a month old you really need to have spoiler tags. Thanks, I was trying to avoid spoilers...*sigh*

OT: Metal Gear Solid 4: As people said the ground humping. And a small issue: why is he sneaking against a wall front-facing? After three games in which he puts his back to the wall that just bothered me...

sazzrah

Dec 21, 2008
Sapient Pearwood said:
sazzrah said:
Poor writing? Really? I know it sucks for PS3 owners (being one myself) coming to the Mass Effect series and not 'getting' every reference or understanding the relationships between all the characters, but ME2 was made long before it was released on PS3 and so those writing decisions were already made under the assumption that most players will be coming to the game after completing ME1 and importing their Shepard. The import feature being one of the big selling points of ME2, so cameos of past characters and frequent references back to events you helped to shape were pretty much a given - if ME1 was barely referenced and no returning characters made an appearance then it would make a lot of people wonder what the point was of importing at all.
ME2 on PS3 was released long enough after ME2 on other consoles for them to very easily change dialogue or retcon characters who don't really do anything like Ashley out of the story so they still make sense so if they still keep making references I need to do background reading to understand yes that is poor writing.
Uhm... retconn characters? What you are asking for there is exactly the type of thing that got BioWare floods of complaints from PS3 fans who have played ME1 on other systems. They 'removed' a character called Conrad Verner from the PS3 version of ME2 because his quest is influenced quite a lot by how you react to him in ME1. Removing this guy caused outcry and he really IS an unimportant character - he's just an overzealous Shepard fanboy who asks for your autograph on the CItadel.

Ashley (and Kaidan for that matter) are very important characters as 1. they are potential love interests for Shepard in ME1 (and if you abstain from romantic liasons in ME2 that romance is highly likely to be rekindled in ME3) and 2. one of them dies for the other to survive which is a pivotal moment in ME1. Admittedly they were not very important characters in ME2, but removing them would make their upcoming appearances in ME3 all the more jarring for PS3 owners as they are due to return as permanent squad mates. Retconning Ashley out of the story would mean PS3 owners would be playing a completely different ME3 to X360 and PC owners. What you are saying denotes 'bad writing' is completely illogical. All it is, is an example of the issues that arise when you come into a game series at it's sequel rather than playing the first one - yes, if all you have is a PS3 then it's unavoidable, but you should know what you are getting yourself in for when you play a game with the number '2' next to it's title if you never played the first game, surely? I can only say you are being quite unfair to the game and totally unreasonable in your demands of the PS3 version.

I would just suggest a bit more research into the titles you purchase... or like I said in my last response to you, go play ME1! That will solve all your issues with ME2.

MFenix

Apr 2, 2011
Hated how little you could interact with Tali in ME1, also how freaking racist Ashley is against aliens, and Kaidan.

cama2003

Aug 9, 2011
Red Dead Redemption - Love this game to the bones! BUT the fist-fighting/hand-to-hand SUCKS! And it was one of the first things I did when I got the game, which I btw had been excited as shit to play.. This was so disappointing after seeing the potential in GTA's combat system , which also was flawed but could have been developed perfectly in RDR.. That was a bummer..

As others have mentioned the AC games.. It started with the first one and has since then continued: The case of Altaïr/Ezio's own will.. You want to make a awesome Batman-like disappearance after nuking a couple of guards but ends up just standing with both hands on the wall doing absolutely nothing.. And I want my friggin' gaming to look awesome!