Behold the Appropriately Angry Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Box Art

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010

[HEADING=1]THAT'S NOT ANGRY ENOUGH C**TBAGS! WHY DON'T YOU SHOW A F*CKING REAL SPACE MARINE CHAPTER THAT ISN'T A BUNCH OF LIMP C**KED F*CKTARDS LIKE THE F*CKING ULTRAF*CKINGSMURFS![/HEADING]

OT: Seriously though, I would like a 40k game that focused a bit less on the Spess Mehrenes and more on other inhabitants of the galaxy, say the Imperial Guard (now those are real heroes, armed with flashlights and t-shirts they take on the worse the galaxy has to offer and die standing), but whatcha gonna do? Space Marines, and especially Ultramarines, get most of the attention that's put towards 40k.
Raddra said:
Chainsaw swords and power armor?

Just needs shurikens and lightning and it'll be pure epic.
There are guns that shoot shurikens in 40k. And I'm pretty sure there are some that shoot lighting as well. Not together though I believe.

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
Raddra said:
Chainsaw swords and power armor?

Just needs shurikens and lightning and it'll be pure epic.
Eldar (space elves) have psykers who shoot lightning from their fingers, and guns for the standard troops that shoot shurikens. They're not in this game though. There will apparently be Chaos and Orc psykers. So, possible lightning, not so much on the shurikens.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Definitely cool. Kind of looks like the main character is knocking off the Marines from Starcraft though...

I kid I kid
I just got a headache in my eye from that. Well played sir, well played.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
rsvp42 said:
rsvp42 said:
last line of defense for humanity
I have an 5 armies of Praetorian's, Steel legion, Cadians, Catchans, and Moridan Iron Guardsmen that say FUCK YOU!.

You know nothing of this world. The Marines are the tip of the spear, Guard is the rest of the spear. Marines get so much attention because they are the ones GW wants to sell more and more of.
The Guard are just a wall of meat to slow them down, but they do their part.
Yes because they win no battles, do nothing other than die so marines can swoop in, save the day, and hold the line while a billion more brave men with flack jackets and flashlights step up to hold the line so the marines can go be testosteroney somewhere else.

There are relatively few marines compared to the enemies of man. Marines in fact see less action compared to the Guardsmen. This "marines are the be all end all of Imperium might" is just because GW hypes them up to sell more minis.
I realize the Guard are important, I read the first Gaunt's Ghosts omnibus and definitely got a taste of IG life. Nothing but love for them. I'm just talking up the Marines because that's what the game is. My original post was just a general reason for my appreciation of the Space Marines in the context of the 40k universe, not a slight against the IG.

S3Cs4uN 8

Apr 25, 2011
Agayek said:
Loop Stricken said:
I tell you what makes me cry, or at least grimace;

Using the term Chainsaw Sword when their actual name is CHAINSWORD. It even rolls off the tongue!
To be fair, he admits he doesn't know 40k at all.

On a completely unrelated note, anyone else think we really should have been able to play as a Death Spectre or Black Templar instead of an Ultrasmurf?
definately Black Templars... or angry marines.

(on a side note towards ultrasmurfs i hope MATT MotherF****** WARD! doesn't become somehow involved in the creation of the storyline)

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
read the Uplifting premier. AWESOME stuff very well done Imperial dogma.
But i still wish we had a game about the Guardsmen.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.

A Guardsmen game would be pretty cool. It would probably have to be like a WWII shooter or something, except that every battle is like a super-Normandy. I expect it would be big on set-pieces, but there could definitely be some smaller battles or scouting missions. Actually, such a game would probably be more approachable to mass audiences if handled properly, since you could mix a sort of Modern Warfare ((flame shield)) aesthetic with all the technology and lore of 40k without overwhelming any newcomers.

Mar 26, 2008
Butterjaw said:
I think it's a generic Daemon/Bloodletter. They have confirmed that Chaos shall appear near the end of the game as the proper villain.
The cover is just hinting at it.
Fortesque said:
Its a Bloodletter. If your talking about that red head ont he side.
Thanks guys for clearing that up.

On the Chainsword; it's been around a lot longer than the Lancer from Gears Of War but I can't help but think its going to be viewed unfavourably by those less in the know as a Gears "rip off" after seeing the early gameplay footage. I wonder if THQ's move to make Space Marine more melee focused is to avoid this comparison.

Lenriak

Apr 15, 2009
It would have been more angry had the Marine been either a Blood Angel, Dark Angel (OR THE LION HIMSELF, DAMNIT)or a Space Furr.. er I mean - Wolf :)

Anyways, I'd like a game where you get to play as either an Eversor or Callidus Imperial Assassin, that would be even angrier :D

nevwyn

Oct 29, 2009
Lenriak said:
It would have been more angry had the Marine been either a Blood Angel, Dark Angel (OR THE LION HIMSELF, DAMNIT)or a Space Furr.. er I mean - Wolf :)

Anyways, I'd like a game where you get to play as either an Eversor or Callidus Imperial Assassin, that would be even angrier :D
hey hey hey, lets be fair. Not all Spaces Wolves are furries. The rest are drunken space vikings which would have not only been better box art but would also be a better Thor game then the Thor game.

Alavar91

The guy who rarely posts.
Aug 5, 2009
Love the box art. Mind you 40K always has great artwork, but whether this is turns out to be an epic tale of the ultrasm.....sorry -cough- Ultramarines vs Ork boyz, with an intriguing story and fantastic game-play or a damp squib of a hack and slasher which will pass unnoticed by the community....sort of like what Fire Warrior was to the FPS genre.

But trust me, I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Thyunda said:
It's not so bad - except I never really thought the Space Marines were good guys. They were over-religious zealots, and their answer to an uncivilised planet was to burn everything on it.
The Orks were at least honest about being murderous all the time.
Thats the best you can hope for in WH40K.

Death on Trapezoids

Nov 19, 2009
So the ultrasmurf sweats testosterone, eh? I've seen angrier, which leads me to the line:

[HEADING=1] ALWAYS ANGRY![/HEADING]
[HEADING=1]ALL THE TIME![/HEADING]

But all kidding aside, I'm looking foreward to the game. Even more so with this awesome box art. and if there's a mod with yellow and red armor, well...

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
We's da orks and we don approve of dat cover art! Not enough dakka! We needs more dakka an more boys! No ork iz afraid of any hummie no matter how big 'is armor iz. Cause orks is made for fightin' and winin'!

No matter, as I am an Eldar of the true kin I will make slaves of all of you once you finish your little war, then into the pits you go space man.