Behold the Next Generation of Final Fantasy

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
SmarterThanYou said:
Gizmo1990 said:
10-2 was a kick in the balls but I forgave them. I saw the trailer for FF12 and was very excited, and that was an even harder kick in the balls but still I forgave them. I saw the trailer for FF 13 and I was beyond excited and that game grew arms, got a Cricket bat and beat the shit out of me.

I have no more faith in Square Enix anymore. In fact now I think about it I have never liked a Square Enix game. The last Final Fantasy I liked was 10 and that was the last game made by Squaresoft before they merged with Enix.
*goes to Final Fantasy thread*

*sees obligatory whiny posts*

Yep. Typical day in the webz.

By the way, awesome tech demo. Can't wait to see what's next.
I am so sorry that I have an opinion about these games and dared to post what I thought about them. Can you forgive me?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I always wondered how would a hybrid of Dragon Age and Modern Warfare would look. Thanks Squeenix.
If this is real time, and running on a current-gen platform, that is impressive. If they can actually make large interactive environments in this engine on a current-gen platform, it's very impressive. It would have been jaw-dropping to see some actual gameplay done in this engine.
I have to admit I'm intrigued.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Hopefully less tech in the actual Final Fantasy game. FFXII came almost too close as I'd like to get to technology in a Final Fantasy video game.

Also hopefully the combat system will be nothing like FFXIII. One can hope anyway. The visuals are great and so is the sound but I really don't see the point in giving SquareEnix credit for things are that are essentially their bread and butter in every project.

Dresos

Jun 17, 2011
It seems like some people didn't read the article... This is not a game it's a tech demo. And it really does look amazing and the setting was really interesting too. Can't wait to find out what kind of setting FF15 will be in.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
I'm excited. Big explorable world with these visuals. I'll buy it. I could never finish ff13 but just like you have to forgive a chef for slipping up your meal you have to forgive devs in making bad games.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
i still laugh at the name of this game series, its Final Fantasy, for the 13. time...Final...13

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Yes, I get it Squeenix; you have an incredibly skilled graphics tech team.
Graphics has NEVER been your shortcoming, STORY and GAMEPLAY have.

And graphics alone does not a good game make. Turn your graphics engines into good storytelling engines, and then I might care.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
cutting edge on graphics and visuals.
still holds true to clichés.

oh, where would we be without you, square? :)

SickBritKid

Jan 11, 2011
Torrasque said:
SickBritKid said:
Ugh.

Hopefully, 15 can be a step forward from 13, like how 12 was a step forward from 10.

But I don't hold high hopes for Square anymore. They should just remake FF7 and never make another game ever again.
I'm pretty sure that FF7 is in the top 5 list of "HOLY SHIT IF THEY REMADE THIS WITH CURRENT GEN GRAPHICS, I WOULD SELL MY SOUL AND CHILDREN" for a lot of people, even people that aren't FF fanboys.

They really would make a metric fuckton of money if they gave their fans what they wanted.
But I'd rather have an HD re-release of a good FF, like 8 or 9.
I love how you implied that 7 doesn't count as a "good FF", despite being known as the definitive "good FF."

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
SickBritKid said:
Torrasque said:
SickBritKid said:
Ugh.

Hopefully, 15 can be a step forward from 13, like how 12 was a step forward from 10.

But I don't hold high hopes for Square anymore. They should just remake FF7 and never make another game ever again.
I'm pretty sure that FF7 is in the top 5 list of "HOLY SHIT IF THEY REMADE THIS WITH CURRENT GEN GRAPHICS, I WOULD SELL MY SOUL AND CHILDREN" for a lot of people, even people that aren't FF fanboys.

They really would make a metric fuckton of money if they gave their fans what they wanted.
I love how you implied that 7 doesn't count as a "good FF", despite being known as the definitive "good FF."
I enjoyed 4-6, 8, and 9, more than I enjoyed 7. I find 7 gets so incredibly over-hyped.

SickBritKid

Jan 11, 2011
Torrasque said:
SickBritKid said:
Torrasque said:
SickBritKid said:
Ugh.

I enjoyed 4-6, 8, and 9, more than I enjoyed 7. I find 7 gets so incredibly over-hyped.
If any FF is "overhyped", it's 6.