Ben Affleck is The New Batman

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Affleck as the Caped Crusader? What a great idea?

Not that I really care about Batman much anymore now that the Nolan trilogy is over. The character's been milked to death.

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
Aflek is close personal friends with Kevin Smith who has written for Batman comics, and even wrote the screenplay [the least shittiest]for the never made Superman Lives movie. So hes got that heavily in his favor.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I'm.. going to reserve all judgement on this until more concrete info is known. It might work, who knows.

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
CommanderL said:
iniudan said:
KeyMaster45 said:
Nathan Fillion should totally be the next Batman.
Actually, I think he would be better with Aquaman.
I must disagree when I think green lantern I think Nathan fillon I mean the dude is pure hal jordan they really miss cast ryan reynolds becuase he would be an awesome flash
I said that waaay before Green Lantern come out, I think a lot of people thought that would be the direction that Warner Bros. would go as they moved towards a Justice League film. Fillion has at least played Hal in the animated films.

OT I was surprised by the casting, but Ben Affleck is a decent actor and he should be able to do this. Dare Devil wasn't as bad as people like to make out.

nyarlathotepsama

Apr 11, 2012
schrodinger said:
Welp, that's unexpected.

I guess he can play as Bruce Wayne, but as Batman?

Eh....

edit: P.S. if they tell Batman's origin AGAIN, i will go to hollywood and smack the shit out of zack snyder, the writers, the producers, etc.
Then you are going to doing some smacking because I'd almost bet there will be an origin story in there as part of the Batman story. They just can't stop killing Bruce Wayne's poor mother and father on screen... its happened what fifty times now?

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
And let's not forget....

Because he was!

Seriously, Phantoms was a sadly overlooked decent horror/action film, and probably the reason someone thought Affleck could play a superhero.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Ldude893 said:
Hmmm.

I think I'm going to wait for an actual trailer to come out first. For all we know, he might do a good job as Batman.
I'm giving him that grace as well, at least let him have the chance. He'll still be better then Clooney.

Nuxxy

Feb 3, 2011
Robot Number V said:
Then my second thought was "You know what? As long as he doesn't do the stupid Bale-voice, I'll give him a shot".
As long as he does a voice. That's not his smug normal voice. He's need to acts as Batman, not be Ben Affleck in a batsuit.

My wife still thinks Val Kilmer was best. Because to her, Batman is all about the jaw.

MindFragged

Apr 2, 2009
Haters gonna hate. Affleck is alright - when an article starts by listing three of the worst films of his career it's hard to remember that the guy has actually done some good stuff. If the sequel to Man of Steel sucks, i'd bet on it being Snyder's fault more than Affleck's.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Well I certainly wouldn't have picked him to be my Batman, but lets see what sort of job he does. Lets not be whiny entitled little crybabies before we have seen a second of footage. Honestly, it's not the be all end all, he could be great for all we know, and I really hope he is.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Jadak said:
schrodinger said:
Welp, that's unexpected.

I guess he can play as Bruce Wayne, but as Batman?

Eh....
lol, he can play the character, but not that same character wearing a mask with (possibly) less dialog? :p

In any case, nope. Can't picture it.
See Daredevil. It is an imperfect movie, but I think he was very good as Matt Murdock/Daredevil, which is a cross between a poor man's Spiderman and Batman.

Kills me, that movie needed just a few tweeks and it could have been great. Instead, it is on some people's top 5 list of worst super hero movies ever. It doesn't deserve that.

immortalfrieza said:
Considering how good Daredevil was, and the fact that Daredevil was a pretty similar character to Batman, it'll be a good fit.

Oh, and Daredevil is one of the most underrated Superhero movies ever.
Dang, you got here first! But your sentiments should be repeated over and over. I couldn't agree more.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I didn't mind Daredevil, but remember that Chris Evans was in Fantastic Four- past superhero movie pedigree isn't any measure of quality, especially not when it was 10 years ago.

Besides, Ben Affleck's good these days - you all saw Argo, didn't you? At least it'd be a change from Christian Bale's tired shtick.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I like Ben Affleck, but I cannot even begin to picture him as Bruce Wayne.

In my mind, Christian Bale was perfect because Bruce Wayne is essentially just Patrick Bateman with a gimpsuit instead of a chainsaw; even George Clooney fit the bill because he has that ladykiller face that says he'd kick you to the curb as soon as you were done doing the Batdance.

Ben Affleck just looks like a nice man; I could see him playing Robin if he was two feet shorter/twenty years younger, but not the anti-hero who embodies the entire concept of vigilante justice/sociopathy.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Fuck it, I'm good with it. I don't really like Bale as Bats anyway. I'd have preferred Richard Armitage, but ah well, Ben might do a good job.

irok

Jun 6, 2012
I want lynching's, public lynching's over this, just when superman got interesting and batman ended on a high note Ben Affleck happened, dam it all to hell.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
Scenario #1: "Waah waah waah, Heath Ledger is gonna be shit as the Joker!" - and then he wasn't, surprising quite a few people.

Scenario #2: "Waah waah waah, Ben Affleck is gonna be shit as the Batman!" - and then...

Stop crying bloody murder and wait for some actual footage. A throat-cancer voice and a workout routine does not a Batman make. Men in previous movies have portrayed the man quite well even though one pretty much expected them to completely blow it. Michael Keaton was not considered a fantastic choice at the time, and now it's heralded as the definitive classic.

takemeouttotheblack

Apr 4, 2013
A lot of Affleck hate has come at the hands of bad direction, scripts or tonally mediocre films. He's done some good darker stuff in his time, especially more recently with things like the Town and Argo. The question will be how good the script. Honestly, he could be good, but I think more likely the premise of the film is going to crash it.