Best and worst tv series finale.

zane224

Mar 26, 2010
WORST
M.A.N.T.I.S. Paralyzed man creates an exoskeleton to help him walk, turns out to amplify his phsyical abilites ten times. Becomes batmanesque vigilante. The show has some high tech stuff, but nothing supernatural. Series ends with the main character being eaten by an invisible dinosaur.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Best: David Tennant's departure in Doctor Who. Amazing score, very emotional.

Worst: Firefly. My second favorite show of all time ever, but the ending wan't supposed to be an ending.

Don't hate me for putting Firefly there, hate Fox. It's Fox's fault, since they messed up the show to the point of destroying Joss Whedon's artistic soul.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Prince Regent said:
The sopranos is a show that I can recomend, you never know when its going to

Classy.

OT: Just remembered, Serenity doesn't count as the Last Episode of Firefly. Because Serenity was the best damn movie I've ever seen, but the actual season finale wasn't up to snuff. I still curse Fox till by dying breath.

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
robot_slipper said:
Best: Blackadder Goes Forth. Almost brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!
That hadn't even occured to me.
But you're completely right. Even if it was a stretch from the normal humour of the rest of the season/show it was amazing!

Hexateuch

Feb 28, 2010
I really watch very little tv, but I'd have to say I thought Avatar had a really good ending.

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
Best would have to go to Friends hands down not many people pull off a show that lasts 10 years but they did and it was very sadd at the end

worse I would have to say would be Dollhouse too many unanswerd questions bring it back fox

and honnorable mention to 24 Jack Bauer was a badass

Lionsfan1986

Oct 20, 2008
MASH is the Best and Stargate SG 1 is the worst and right next to it is Seinfeild (I know I can't spell worth a hoot).

Oct 30, 2010
Ending of Roseanne was pretty terrible.

And are people really knocking Objects in Space?

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
pandasaw said:
I will constantly defend Lost's final episode. It made sense to the show, it made sense to me, and the epilogue was good to. Can't please everybody I guess.
Thank you, I loved the ending of LOST and I don't get why people hate it so much

OT:
Best: Code Geass, Friends, Scrubs
Worst: Seinfeld, Dead Like Me

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
Worst: Maybe Lost. I stopped watching it after season 1 but I wanted to see the end and it was just shit.

Best: Battlestar Galactica. Just really awesome. Also Twin Peaks in a very creepy way.

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Donbett1974 said:
So what tv series had the best and worst finale and why.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons 1 to 5.

It was a great ending ... then they tagged on a few minutes of shite that utterly ruined it.

Buffy Season 2's got a pretty damn good ending.

Blackadder Goes Forth has possibly the best ever.

I've stopped watching TV.

I'm choosing Blackadder Goes Forth for "best" and Buffy 1-5 for "worst" because they really should have gone to closing title sequence sooner.

clipse15

May 18, 2009
Best

Home Movies
Spartacus Blood and Sand, Gods of The Arena

Worst

The Sopranos
Seinfeld
Battlestar Galactica
Pushing Daisies

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
pandasaw said:
I will constantly defend Lost's final episode. It made sense to the show, it made sense to me, and the epilogue was good to. Can't please everybody I guess.
And I'll grab the pitchfork and stand next to you. I fucking loved it - and I think they resolved more mysteries then people seem to remember anyway. The show was always driven by its characters first and foremost, and that's how it stayed.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Best-Lost, I see some hate for it, but damn I loved the show. The characters, time travel, everything. And the ending was sad but yet happy. One hand everyone comes together, on the other they all died, and took forever to meet again.

Worse-Heroes, terrible show. Why I stayed for the whole thing is beyond me.

EDIT

Woodsey said:
pandasaw said:
And I'll grab the pitchfork and stand next to you. I fucking loved it - and I think they resolved more mysteries then people seem to remember anyway. The show was always driven by its characters first and foremost, and that's how it stayed.
Yes I'm not alone.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
mduncan50 said:
Donbett1974 said:
Best: Angel
No happy ending just a fight to the death.
Worst: Alias
It was clear that chunks of the story was left out to make it short enough for a last episode.
Man, the Angel ending is actually my worst. It pissed me off that it basically threw away the reason that you cheered for the guy through the series by him signing away the ability to redeem his soul. Not to mention that basically everybody dies. Not just Angel, not just his group of friends, EVERYBODY. Including everyone over at Buffy, which kinda screws over that shows somewhat hopeful finale.

Best, I'd have to say Star Trek: TNG. Brought the series full circle, and was a shining example of what made TNG different from any other Star Trek show.
Angel actually continues, not as a tv show, but there's a comic called "After the Fall" written by Joss Whedon that continues the series at least long enough to pick up the pieces.

Worst: Does Reaper count? It got cancelled but it was such a cliff-hanger that you really wish they'd make one episode to tell WHY they ruined his life.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
Best: The Young Ones -
in the last ever episode they're killed after robbing a bank, stealing a double decker bus, crashing it through a cliff richard billboard subsequently they drove off a real cliff and exploded, killing them all (assumedly) ... BRILLIANT!

Worst: Red Dwarf -
The recent special changed this, but lets pretend that never happened as it ruins my point somewhat by giving Red Dwarf a slightly higher note to end on. But at the end of series 8 Rimmer goes into a mirrorworld thing to stop the original red dwarf from being eaten by microscopic nanobots and being dissolved into nothing. Upon returning with the forumula to stop the nanobots, everybody is dead. died off-screen, everything's on fire, a self aware vending machine kills him with a can of coke, the grim reaper arrives, rimmer kicks him in the bollocks and runs away. end credits ... it sounds like i'm joking. But all that actually happened

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Best: Katanagatari. The finality of the ending was glorious. No going back. No raping the series for extra cash. Everything is over and perfect the way it is. I loved that.

Shout outs also go to Baccano!, The Tatami Galaxy, Clannad: After Story, Mobile Suit Gundam and Madoka Magica.

Worst: Death Note. Series should've ended about halfway through. I consider the live action movies a massive improvement.

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
Best: The Sopranos. Whether you loved it or it pissed you off, you sure as hell were talking about it.

Worst: Neon Genesis Evangelion. Hard to think of a series that got so much love and then pissed off everyone that ever loved the series with nothing but the ending. At least with genuinely weak endings like Seinfeld it didn't turn an entire fanbase against the creator and bring people to question the creative process. It didn't even piss you off in a cool way that generated discussion and imagination (like The Sopranos) it pissed you off because they spent the entire series making you care about these characters and the ending was "we didn't have the budget to make a real ending, let's cut some scenes together and call it art."

PowerC

Feb 28, 2011
Donbett1974 said:
Best: Angel
No happy ending just a fight to the death.
Worst: Alias
It was clear that chunks of the story was left out to make it short enough for a last episode.
Best (not a series, a season) Fringe, they season finales kick ass

Worst: Family Guy, in my opinion that show ended after the sixth season